The Official Pokemon Topic

CAV of Gang Green

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, makes sense (regarding the releasing-only-3DS-games thing), I wasn't sure if the 3DS was actually a whole new gen thing, or just another shiny enhanced version. With it being a new gen, I probably won't be getting one for a while then.

My motivation s for buying a new Nintendo handheld is always almost entirely reliant on when they first release a Pokemon game on it. :D

European and Australian release dates! Get this- Europe gets BW on March 4th. Seriously, this is the first time they get a mains series Pokemon game before the US. The Aussies and Kiwis (Australia and New Zealand for those of you who don't talk to Cameron on a regular basis) get them March 10th.

European and Australian release dates! Get this- Europe gets BW on March 4th. Seriously, this is the first time they get a mains series Pokemon game before the US. The Aussies and Kiwis (Australia and New Zealand for those of you who don't talk to Cameron on a regular basis) get them March 10th.

We get it before the US? That must be some kind of joke. Normally it's delayed by weeks, even months :P

It really depends on where you're buying. If you're getting from GameStop, I'd say yeah, pre-order. They tend to have a slightly more limited stock per store. If you're getting it at, say, Target, aside from not being able to pre-order there, they have a much larger stock so you'd be safe just heading out to ge a copy. Overall, I'd suggest pre-ordering from GameStop. They always get things on the offical release date (Target and such tend to get all new games on in Tuesday or Wednesday regardless of the offical release) and you're garunteed to get any pre-order fancyness. HG/SS, for example, not only came with Ho-oh and Lugia figurines when pre-ordered, but had special pre-order only boxes (they are very very shiny).

I've never asked and since I tend to pre-order several months in advance I've never run into such a thing... But I'd say, as a rule of thumb when considering orders and such, do so at least two weeks before the game is set to come out. That way you're not going to be too late to get placed on the list for your free loot.

Ah, makes sense (regarding the releasing-only-3DS-games thing), I wasn't sure if the 3DS was actually a whole new gen thing, or just another shiny enhanced version. With it being a new gen, I probably won't be getting one for a while then.

My motivation s for buying a new Nintendo handheld is always almost entirely reliant on when they first release a Pokemon game on it. :D

When the next generation begins, I try to get a system from it as soon as possible.

Take note that the 3DS is the first handheld/console for the 8th generation of gaming. And don't be surprised if you wait about 3-4 more years before you see anything else from the 8th gen. Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft all have the intention of making the Wii, PS3, and 360 last as long as possible before bringing something else in. That's good because I'll have time to get a PS3.

Reported on Serebii today. So I'd say 100% true. You lucky lucky people.

I wouldn't say VERY lucky. It's only 2 days ahead of us. It's not like thousands of Americans are going to go insane in those 48 hours. I think that they're simply lucky they don't have to wait months before it comes out, like how they had to wait until the summer to get Brawl.

Altogether, it's not something to be shocked about, since it was going to happen eventually. And it's not something that's very very lucky of the Europeans.

That's what I was refrencing overall- the fact that they don't have to wait a few extra months to get theirs. Plus I can't wait to play it myself so I'm mildly jealous. xD You can get a lot done in 2 days.

Cameron????

But... yay! It's not uncommon for us to get stuff before the US. It's just that this is a first for Pokemon to release it to Europe and NZ before USA. :O

Cameron????

But... yay! It's not uncommon for us to get stuff before the US. It's just that this is a first for Pokemon to release it to Europe and NZ before USA. :O

Cameron = Crusher, another mod.

Only Europe gets it before the US. We get in on march 6th. NZ gets it 4 days after the US.

April 2nd was the date given to me at GameStop a while bak. I can only guess they moved it up.

Cameron = Crusher, another mod.

Only Europe gets it before the US. We get in on march 6th. NZ gets it 4 days after the US.

April 2nd was the date given to me at GameStop a while back. I can only guess they moved it up.

Oh, Crusher! We live in the same country...

GameStop is like the biggest game shop in USA?

An earlier date is always fine by everybody right?

GameStop is popular, fair sized franchise. I'm not sure if you'd call it the biggest, but it gets a lot of business and pre-orders and such. The stores themselves are actually fairly small.

In the city I live in, there's almost as many GameStops as there are Starbucks. There's sometimes 2 stores really close to each other. And here, it's one of very few specialized game stores. Otherwise, we mostly have Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc.

Their pre-order deals range from great (in game suit and gun for Mass Effect 2), to rather useless (banana Wiimote holder for Donkey Kong Country Returns). They're also popular because they sell used games for a cheap price, and they allow you to trade in games for cash. I tend to go to Gamestop rather often. And the stores are small. They kinda look like convenience stores, only with a crap load of games. New game smell. It smells nice.

There are hundreds of Gamestops here in NY.

Their pre-order deals range from great (in game suit and gun for Mass Effect 2), to rather useless (banana Wiimote holder for Donkey Kong Country Returns). They're also popular because they sell used games for a cheap price, and they allow you to trade in games for cash. I tend to go to Gamestop rather often. And the stores are small. They kinda look like convenience stores, only with a crap load of games. New game smell. It smells nice.

There are hundreds of Gamestops here in NY.

A banana Wiimote holder. That sounds a little gimmicky but cool because we don't have that kind of thing over here.

Only another 90ish days till Pokemon gets released yay! Then Armageddon, the place where all out Pokemon players play at the tournament.

Has anybody here competed in a Pokemon tournament?

I have, I went to the last two offical ones. Though I didn't get to paly in the first because of the idiotic randomized entry thing, I did get to the second round of the qualifier in the last one... My opponent and I were pretty evently matched, it really came down to type advantage in the end.