The Official Pokemon Topic

CAV of Gang Green

That's because people were talking about the anime, which lost it's charm after a few years. In the gaming world, Pokemon is one of the kings. It's one of the flagship games of the Gameboy and DS.

Until recently, I didn't even realize there was an anime for it. I didn't here about anything Pokemon for awhile. But I never gave it much thought before. Now that I've started playing it, I pay more attention. That's why I can't wait to get a DS so I can play the newer games.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even that. I'm just sick and tired of Ash and Pikachu. Why not a different character and a different main pokemon for a change?

Yeah, I never cared for Ash in the first place, he was a do-gooder brat. Pikachu I can deal with, but you're right, after, what is it? 11? 12 years? of watching Ash and Pikachu prance around winning and learning important lessons about learning important lessons but never really learning anything, it's...pretty old.

I loved pokemon since Red/Blue first came out! I was still in grade school when I was playing with my friends outside during recess just battling and trading with each other :laughingsmiley:

I sooo can't wait until Black/White comes out! I got tired of the anime after the Johto region...but nothing can stop me from playing the way better games! I even remember watching an episode of Ash fighting Agatha of the elite four and he made Pikachu use Quick Attack against Gengar....of ALL the years of pokemon he did NOT learn a THING D:

On another note, while IV breeding, I hatched a Dratini that had Pokerus! So that makes it the second pokemon to appear before me that had it xD

Until recently, I didn't even realize there was an anime for it. I didn't here about anything Pokemon for awhile. But I never gave it much thought before. Now that I've started playing it, I pay more attention. That's why I can't wait to get a DS so I can play the newer games.

Well, the anime started after the trading card game did, which was about 2 years(?) after the first games.

Yeah, I never cared for Ash in the first place, he was a do-gooder brat. Pikachu I can deal with, but you're right, after, what is it? 11? 12 years? of watching Ash and Pikachu prance around winning and learning important lessons about learning important lessons, it's...pretty old.

Not to mention that he fails to follow the original Pokemon motto "Gotta Catch em All". He only gets about 4 pokemon each season, and lets every other one go free. No wonder they dropped that motto. <_<

Pretend Pokemon is real. If you run into a pokemon that is huge and very rare and can actually talk to you (For the most part I'm talking about Lugia), what are you going to do? Help it with it's problem and let it go free? Or are you going to try and catch it? I don't know about you, but I will try to catch it.

I can see why Ash didn't, though, with regards to Lugia (or any number of the legendaries he's stumbled across in his time) Not for moral reasons, either. If he couldn't handle that Charizard he had, he sure couldn't handle a brain-talking legendary Pokemon caught against its will. :D Silly ineffective boy that he is.

Not to mention that he fails to follow the original Pokemon motto "Gotta Catch em All". He only gets about 4 pokemon each season, and lets every other one go free. No wonder they dropped that motto. <_<

Totally laughed out loud at that.

But you know you all cried when Butterfree got released. Childhood ruined.

I'm going to point out that the dub (note: Pokemon was origionally dubbed by 4kids) gave it the motto. Which they dropped pretty quick. The orig never said such a silly thing.

Totally laughed out loud at that.

But you know you all cried when Butterfree got released. Childhood ruined.

Man I did...almost cried too when he almost let Pikachu go! Ash will NEVER be a master v.v the anime needs to show someone brand new and isn't like Ash at all when it comes to failing.

I probably still won't watch it but to hear about it would make me happy ^_^

I'm going to point out that the dub (note: Pokemon was origionally dubbed by 4kids) gave it the motto. Which they dropped pretty quick. The orig never said such a silly thing.

Yes, but even the original is still bad. Ash and Pikachu are there too. :P

Heh. I get it. Now if only it could've been an actual move. I swear leveling that thing up takes so much time.

And yes, I know how to level it up. And yes, it is rather fast at first, but it gets repetitive and I just quit.

I'm going to point out that the dub (note: Pokemon was originally dubbed by 4kids) gave it the motto. Which they dropped pretty quick. The orig never said such a silly thing.

It was better than the current Pokemon TV dub. Veronica Taylor did a stunning job of voicing Ash compared to Sarah Natochenny.

Although I do think the only memorable part of the first season of English Pokemon was the theme song. People still sing it today.

Heh. I get it. Now if only it could've been an actual move. I swear leveling that thing up takes so much time.And yes, I know how to level it up. And yes, it is rather fast at first, but it gets repetitive and I just quit.

Magikarp is too irritating. Can't you just leave it in the breeding place and let it level up on its own?

Although I do think the only memorable part of the first season of English Pokemon was the theme song. People still sing it today.

If Smosh never lip synched that theme song, they never would've made it to the fame they have today. And to celebrate the 5th aniversary of it, they remade the theme song with different lyrics. You should see it (can't link here due to language).

But the show did have some appeal compared to the newer seasons. And the original was able to attract the kids to Pokemon, me included, even though I didn't play the games until the 3rd gen. The new seasons can't do that. My little brother watched one of the seasons of the Diamond/Pearl part of the series. He never got into it. It wasn't until he tried Soul Silver did he get interested in Pokemon.

But he did like some of the movies.

The movies just ruined it. Although I can proudly say that I've watched the whole 1st season twice :P

The movies just ruined it. Although I can proudly say that I've watched the whole 1st season twice :P

Not really. I can say that the movies were the best parts of the anime when it was good. Pokemon the first movie was good, 2000 was the best, Pokemon 3 was alright, 4Ever was good, and Heroes was amazing but lost it's appeal. Jirachi is where things fell apart, and everything died from there, including the anime itself.

Pokemon are fun games. I have played all the Game Boy/GBA/DS ones, Red/Silver/Heart Gold/etc. Looking forward to Black and White next year. They are supposed to be 3D and such, but it didnt look like it was actually all that big of an overhaul graphics wise from the screenies and such. :P

The card game is ok, but a little too simplistic for my tastes. I started on stuff like L5R (Legend of the Five Rings) which has so much strategy to it your head will hurt. :P

Oh, the games are great. Is it bad that I've only played three? Diamond, Pearl, Sapphire.

I've tried the rest on a friend's emulator.

CAV, I stand corrected. The first movie and the third were good. Jirachi sucked.

Why did I not know of this thread until now! >:

I'm happily rushing my SS in anticipation of Black/White English release! I'd to leave it stagnant for a good few months as school work piled up =/. Time to go back to my crazy EV training :evil:!

Is anyone still keeping up with the anime? And what are your thoughts on the new pokemon in Black/White?

I have watched most of D/P... though I didn't like the voices one bit.

Wonder what they'll rename Best Wishes in English.

I also quite agree with CAV's Pokemon movie assessment, with the exception of the Jirachi movie, which I thought was adorable.

Really, quite a terrible movie in itself, but very cute (I'm fond of Jirachi ever since I got one from playing Pokemon Channel), and one of only about 5 movies my daughter has ever sat quietly the whole way through for.

Pokemon 2000 was definitely the best. I remember going to see it in the cinema, and being the only person above the age of about 10 who wasn't accompanying a child, and clutching my promo Ancient Mew card and not caring one bit!

I had MewTwo Returns on VHS (yeah, it was that long ago) and that was pretty bad, despite being contemporary with Pokemon 2000.

I used to think Pokemon Heroes was the best, but it was only because of Latios and Latias, which are some of my favorite pokemon. Looking back at it, Pokemon 2000 is in fact the best. I was only 3 when the movie came out in cinema. But I had it on VHS, and my brother recently dug it up, and watched it 2 days ago.

Does anyone know when movie 13 is out in USA? If it's not soon then i'm <_<

They have no current date. Instead, they announced the 14th movie.

I just found out that Snivy is the most popular of the 3 starters, and has been nicknamed "Smugleaf". Smugleaf has since become an internet meme.

I liked the one with Entei as one of the main supporting characters *had a mind blank*

I remember watching them, then reading the novel that came with it :P

I liked the one with Entei as one of the main supporting characters *had a mind blank*

Pokemon 3? Yeah that was good. I never really got the point of it, or understood it at all, until years later when I decided to watch it again.

Yay for 1000 posts in the Pokemon thread!