The Official Pokemon Topic

CAV of Gang Green

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, dang, I think I only have around 10 of those... xD

Oh well, I can just migrate a pokemon thats holding one from Leafgreen.

Edit: Nvm, turns out I had 2711. Bought one and finally got Thorn evolved. =D

Wow. I hate the Battle Point place on D/P. They don't give you enough for the number of battles you go through.

I just took a look at the list of new gen Pokemon on Serebii.net, and I have to say, it's seeming more and more like they're getting desperate for ideas. A lot of them are getting more and more generic looking, or more....weird.

I'll still be pre-ordering, though. Never missed a main series game yet! :D

Looking at Oshawott, looks like I'll be continuing my streak of never choosing a water-type starter :/ I think I'll be starting out with a Snivy, even though I don't care for the name.

I always pick fire type, so I'll be getting Tepig regardless of the name... Though if they do something right and make it's final evo Emboar, I can totally live with that. If not, well, there's always nicknames.

I always chose the one I like best. I don't care for elements.

In Sapphire, I chose Torchic.

In Diamond, I chose Piplup.

In White, I'll choose Snivy.

No true pattern.

I tend to go for fire type starters, not through any real principle, but just because they tend to be the ones I like the look of. My starters have been...

Yellow: Pikachu (the only option in that game)

Silver: Cyndaquil

Crystal: Chicorita

Ruby: Torchic

FireRed: Bulbasaur

Pearl: Chimchar (<3)

SoulSilver: Cyndaquil (again)

And I'll choose Snivy in Black/White

Yeah, my decision to pick Snivy was based on the later evolutions mainly.

I bought my husband Pokemon Platinum, which was his first ever Pokemon game, and he chose Piplup, and then upon seeing what its evolutions were like, gave it an everstone. Iwaslike "um....that's....not especially a good idea" and he was all "I DON'T CARE, PIPLUP IS CUTE AND THE OTHERS ARE NOT!!!111" and I facepalmed.

Piplup IS cute, and kawaii!

The possibility of being approached by random trainers is a little unnerving though.

*giggles* Your first statement is redundant. xD

It's not that bad... I've had a person ask to battle while I was doing laundry at my dorm once, and just the other day I was sitting outside Japanese as some of my friends played Pokemon games and a random guy walked by and started talking to us. It was kind of awesome.

TDN: I just want to tell you that this is partially your fault. Yes, you. All of you.

I got a DS for my birthday this summer, finally, and bought Pokemon Diamond. Fun ensued. Lots and lots of fun. I visited my best friends in Delaware and we had a nostalgia fit while going through my Pokedex together and they decided to bust out their old Pokemon games with me. Sadly, on all of their old Gameboy games, the games were wiped clean. So we spent many a day playing them all over again and losing our minds.

More fun ensued. So much fun. And so much geekery.

Now, only a few months later, I have played and beat Diamond, SoulSilver and good old Blue in a mad dash.

My Halloween was Pokemon themed and I regret nothing.

This is probably a new plateau of geekery for me and all because you suggested I play it! :P

(Plus: it's Pokemon profile picture month on Facebook.)

Noooo, I don't need any more games to be addicted to! :P I procrastinate enough as it is!

Also: You'd be surprised how many people in college play Pokemon. It's strange. Childhood nostalgia has finally caught up to everyone it seems. Could also be that I go to a very geeky school. (We have Magic the Gathering tournaments in the student center. I think it's surpassed lacrosse as the school sport.)

I didn't realize originally, what a huge thing Pokemon still was. I always heard a lot about it when I was younger, then I didn't hear much after that. Now I know how big it still is. (And now that I'm playing it, I see why as well.)

This Awkward Zombie comic shows the Pokemon and college thing. It's universal. Or at least national. xD

That is most accurate description ever. :P

I guess you need something fun and silly after cramming for FINALS. (Which are next week. AUUUUUGH.)

I didn't realize originally, what a huge thing Pokemon still was. I always heard a lot about it when I was younger, then I didn't hear much after that. Now I know how big it still is. (And now that I'm playing it, I see why as well.)

That's because people were talking about the anime, which lost it's charm after a few years. In the gaming world, Pokemon is one of the kings. It's one of the flagship games of the Gameboy and DS.

Yeah the anime became quite horrid, changing all the voices and such, and then the animation style, and ugh. Not to mention the character switches and whatnot. The first couple of seasons were fantastic, and then they just stopped trying :(

Not even that. I'm just sick and tired of Ash and Pikachu. Why not a different character and a different main pokemon for a change?

The show died after Master Quest. The last decent movie was Pokemon Heroes. And nowadays the only reason I like that movie is because Latios and Latias are two of my favorite pokemon.