1. 1. Opinions about SS/HG

• Awsome!
    • Eh, I liked it
    • Could've been better
    • Average
    • Could've been worse
    • Didn't like it
    • I HATE THIS EXCUSE FOR A GAME!

Ok, so talk about what you think about he newest pokemon games Find anything amazing, Lugia keep getting pwned by someones Raichu, got the coolet team ever, found an enormous glitch in the game that lets you walk thrugh wall or something? Please, do tell.

I've been expecting this game for a few years and I can happily say, I LOVE it =P

I bought only SS so far and I'm training my team right now before challenging Red ^^

This game brought back lots of memories for me, lots of new elements, and just a great experience in my book!

My complaints though:

- Once you register a number, there's NO delete button to get rid of them! So be careful on which normal trainers you register! (some are just very annoying xD)

- That GS Sound System or whatever you get after getting all the Kanto Badges so you can the "old" tunes, really doesn't sound the same and was disappointing =/

- Another game to "catch them all" xD

My team for gameplay (same as my old silver!)

Meganium, Quagsire, Ampharos, Pidgeot, Ninetales, and Espeon

My Dream team:

Don't have one yet =P

I'm actually looking for someone to trade me their Totodile...if anyone needs a Chikorita or Cyndaquil, I'll happily trade for ANY totodile :P

I would give you one but unfortunatley I have no wi-fi. Check th GTS.

And this is my team:

Thorn(Lvl 38 evolution of Bellsprout)

Hawk(Lvl 38 Pidgeot)

Epic(Lvl 49 Lugia

Blaze(Level 40 Typloshion)

Pine(Lvl 34 Sudowoodo)

Rage(Lvl 42 Shiny Garydos)

And this is my team:

Thorn(Lvl 38 evolution of Bellsprout)

Hawk(Lvl 38 Pidgeot)

Epic(Lvl 49 Lugia

Blaze(Level 40 Typloshion)

Pine(Lvl 34 Sudowoodo)

Rage(Lvl 42 Shiny Garydos)

You named your Pidgeot, Hawk? I named mine on my Fire Red Hawk. I did it because I used to have a cockatiel named Hawk.

Sadly, I can only seek for pokemon that I've seen in my pokedex and I haven't seen any Totodiles or any of the evolutions =/ At least I got cyndaquil from Norway thanks to the GTS =D

After beating Red, I also like that you can pick one of the starters from the Kanto region and talking to Steven in Saffron City will give you one of the Hoenn Region starters! ^_^

I'm picking Squirtle and Mudkip!

Note: While training, I found out my pokemon had Pokerus :O That's the first time I ever got that xD

I've been enjoying them, though the trainer levels are seriously messed up. Anyone else notice the Juggler with a level 2 Voltorb north of Goldenrod?

Right now I'm hitting some routes I skipped to train my team for Red (and that annoying 20 level jump between him and Green) in SS. Right now, I have...

Ilori (Typloshion, level 68)

Jirachi (level 50. He's from the GameStop event a while back, traded him voer after I got my first badge)

Elucent (Lugia, leve 47)

Ryuuku (Dragonair, level 45)

Gyarados (from lake of Rage, level 50)

Lickitung (HM slave, level 37)

I agree about leveling. Did you see how strong the first gym leader you face in Kanto is? He destroyed my entire team with one pokemon but i've been training so i'ma go back and pwn that stupid mouse!

I actually got the game for my birthday, but because of college, I haven't had that much time to play it. :( So, I'm only in Ecrutek. I just got Eevee, and I'm grinding a bit.

My team so far:

Croconaw, Level 27

Gengar, Level 26

Scizor, Level 26

Vulpix, Level 26

Eevee, Level 8

I also plan on using Rhyperior, because I don't care what anyone says, he looks freaking awesome, so I need someone here to help me with that when the time comes, if no one minds? ^_^ That way, I have a team that resists all 17 types (I plan on evolving Eevee to Espeon).

*raises hand* I don't mind helping ^^

I have wifi around here all the time (yay!) so I'll gladly help anyone that needs help evolving certain pokemon :)

@idriya: Espeon is one of my favorites to use! If you don't mind either, would you help me get a Totodile in the near future? ^^

I have Wi-Fi in my dorm room, so hopefully, I can get there before summer. :P

None of the gyms have been that hard so far. Whitney was slightly annoying, but eh. Her Miltank was always a pain for me.

And I'd be happy to breed Totodiles. I was going to breed one for my brother anyway. I need someone to breed a Chikorita, though. I don't know anyone who picked Chikorita.

By the way, Espeon is my favorite Eeveelution, because it reminds me of the nekomata. ^_^ And I'm a huge cat lover.

I have Wi-Fi in my dorm room, so hopefully, I can get there before summer. :P

None of the gyms have been that hard so far. Whitney was slightly annoying, but eh. Her Miltank was always a pain for me.

And I'd be happy to breed Totodiles. I was going to breed one for my brother anyway. I need someone to breed a Chikorita, though. I don't know anyone who picked Chikorita.

By the way, Espeon is my favorite Eeveelution, because it reminds me of the nekomata. ^_^ And I'm a huge cat lover.

Great! My starter was Chikorita ^~^ Which meant the first two gyms for me were a big pain D: It was mainly his good defense stats and poisonpowder that saved me lolz! So, I can breed a Chikorita for ya.

Espeon is a good psychic pokemon ^^ Always had one in my team since the 2nd generation of pokemon teehee.

@Super Squirrel: Oh man...Lance was the HARDEST for me since I had NO ice moves :P Meganium saved me with his poisonpowder on his Dragonites and my tons of revives and moomoo milks lolz.

I got it for 3 days now and STUCK at the 8th gym (I remember also being stuck there in silver). My Typhlosion just cannot handle that Kingdra! So there I go training my flaafy to an ampharos, haha!

Anyway, the game is awesome! So much nostalgia, it was the very first game I ever played in my life :D (next to some kids/educative games on the computer). I'm not too happy that they changed some of the tunes, but I guess that's just the way it is. As I state in my msn name *Walking around with my pokéwalker proudly* < I love that little gadget! :D

Lance is going to be SO easy for me, because Croconaw learns Ice Fang sometime in the early 20's. :P

I'm not very far through it but so far I'm really enjoying it. Gold was always one of my favourite pokemon games. So I am really enjoying this game. I'm not certain what my end team will be but Furret is my HM slave, Ampharos is my main electric, Kadabra/Alakazam as my psychic, the Fire starter and crobat...all I now need is a decent water pokemon.

The only reason I managed to beat Lance was some creative attacking and sacrificing between Ilori and Jirachi. I was down to just them, so I had Ilori use Blast Burn on his last Dragonite, and it KOed me the same turn, then sent out Jirachi with his Sp Atk back at normal level and creamed it with a solid Draco Meteor. I think I did something smiliar with both Claire and Green.

The lesson here being, if you have Blast Burn and Draco Meteor, fun wins can be made.

Surge wasn't bad for me. Granted, by the time I got to him, I was using my Exp Share more as an inhibitor on Ilori (who was all ready overleveled) than to actaully train my team.

• 4 months later...

Great game but theres just one thing i feel the need to vent about, WHY IN THE LOVE OF ^$#& ARE YOU NOT ALLOWED TO GO HEAL UP AT THE BLACKTHORN GYM OR IN BETWEEN KIMONO GIRL FIGHTS!?! blackthorn i managed to deal with but the kimono girls are brutal all they do is spam their strongest attack and give you no freedom to even use a potion or switch up your formation in between fights. The original gold and silver games were flawless and brought new innovations to the gameboy series but the newer ones, aside from the better graphics, they just butchered it in order to make a quick buck..it's an insult

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not post on topics that have been inactive fore more than three weeks.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.