Weird donations?

Gunto

Have you seen any?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Have you seen any?

• Yes.
    • No.

Ok, so sometimes we go to the money tree in hopes of getting some items, but I've seen very strange donations. Like once, I saw a bunch of codestones and even a few basic PBs. I also sometimes see a BUNCH of the same item or same type of item all donated by the same person. I wish people liked ME enough to donate all that stuff. :(

Anyway, have you guys seen any crazy donations in the money tree or second hand shoppe like that?

I know that some times TNT puts things in there to sort of even out the market. I personally don't really go there so i don't see anything crazy.

EDIT: Also if someone leaves stuff in their inventory i know it could be stolen and put there. So maybe it could of just been bad luck for someone too.

Yup! I saw a Stone PB in the Rubbish Dump. I missed it! Oh well. I was in a 1np shop for the SDB packrat avvie and I saw a TON of christmas, stone, and cloud PBs for 1np! I stocked up and sold them all!!! YAYYYY!

I know how some of those nicer items end up there! Whilst saving for Packrat, I accidentally clicked donate instead of deposit so all my nice items went to the money tree! :laughingsmiley:

Needless to say the 30K of items I mistakenly donated allowed me to learn valuable lesson- double check before clicking submit.

That's cuz I heard TNT released a load of chokato (TCG) a while back to even out the pricing a little.

I like donation surfing. :) It makes me feel happy when I get something good, and I tend to surf there to see if I can get more items I don't have towards the packrat avvy. Rarest thing I've seen is probably some kind of paintbrush. Codestones tend to come through a fair amount.

There's a 1np shop? Where? I appear to have completely missed this.

Hahaha!! Noooo thats not what I meant. A persons shop in the market place was only 1np things.

I'm usually too slow to get stuff at the money tree... your post inspired me to give it a try today though, and I got an Icy Negg.

The luck at the 1 NP shop is pretty neat! :thumbsup: Hm, where can I find those things? haha.

I'm usually too slow to get stuff at the money tree... your post inspired me to give it a try today though, and I got an Icy Negg.

The luck at the 1 NP shop is pretty neat! :thumbsup: Hm, where can I find those things? haha.

Oh, did I really? Wow I DID SOMETHING USEFUL HOLY CRAP. Good find! That's about 3,500 or so NP right there!

• 2 years later...

I never used to visit the money tree, but sometimes you can get some good stuff there. I've seen items that I never knew existed, which is always cool even if they're not worth too much.

Most expensive things I've seen are codestones, but I remember one member here picking up a Rainbow Cybunny MP there once!

Sometimes people flood the tree with cheap items from dailies, which I don't really get. They'll donate hundreds of sea ferns or something and it takes forever for new items to start appearing. Why not just discard them all and go for the rubbish avatar?! :O

For the longest time I thought the Money Tree ran like the Soup Kitchen where you'd only be able to get hand-outs if you were poor so I never went. Since I've realized anyone can take the items I haven't found anything worth while. However, I did pick up a Dung Slushie at the Rubbish Dump which I sold for ~7000NP.

Sometimes people flood the tree with cheap items from dailies, which I don't really get. They'll donate hundreds of sea ferns or something and it takes forever for new items to start appearing. Why not just discard them all and go for the rubbish avatar?!

Maybe I'm just superstitious, but I find that when I donate things, more random events happen to me. I know that's why I donate my junk!

I've managed to nab codestones, dubloons, and even a secret lab map piece from the donation tree. Have yet to see any paintbrushes though. Some days, If I'm up late, I'll lurk there for awhile around 3-6am NST. Seems to be the best time to nab items.

Also - some people are just generous. xD others do it by mistake.

Maybe I'm just superstitious, but I find that when I donate things, more random events happen to me. I know that's why I donate my junk!

I always donate my junk as well, except for late since the release of the rubbish avatar my junk has been the fastest selling things in my shop. I'll have to go back to donating them though and see if I notice more random events. In theory I can see that being an incentive, but wouldn't that defeat the point of a random event, if there's a way for you to increase the likelihood?

I never visit the Money Tree or Rubbish Dump, probably should! :O

Balthazar gives a bunch of Bottled Faeries to the Money Tree on Wednesday at 7am NST ^^ (or it might be 6am.... need to check that!)

I never visit the Money Tree or Rubbish Dump, probably should! :O

Balthazar gives a bunch of Bottled Faeries to the Money Tree on Wednesday at 7am NST ^^ (or it might be 6am.... need to check that!)

Well then on weekends I'd better too. I've seen Petpet Lab Maps a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen Princess Amira and Prince Jazan donate some not-too-shabby wearables to the second-hand shoppe but I am yet to spot some awesome stuff from the money tree. A generous neopian did donate 3000 NP to the tree once but I wasn't quick enough to grab it xD The best thing I probably got was the occasional bag of broken neopoints.