Neggstravaganza Surprise - Coming Soon!

Ali Cat

A new NeoCash event is coming within the next few weeks, expected to be similar to the Stocking Stufftacular last December! Be sure to check back for more details as it gets closer to the time when the NC Mall will release this new feature.

logo.png

mall_neggevent1.gifmall_neggevent5.gifmall_neggevent10.gifmall_neggevent20.gif

I already knew about this, because of SN, but please don't say this confirms the return of the Springtime Celebration. D:

WHY DO ALL THE COOL STUFF HAVE TO BE IN NEOCASH!! ITS NOT FAIR!!!!!!! :grrr:

Also agreed! Although nothing does come free in life anymore neopets definitely originated as a free games site and for many of us who have been on it for years the neocash proliferation is getting more than a little bit annoying.

I agree...very few people are able to buy neocash...

The majority of the site is able to buy NC, but people choose not to, because of the belief that everything on the Internet should be free.

And there is a NP event, the Festival of Neggs. Some of the items in that are quite nice, so don't worry. :)

You can look at it this way: the people who are buying neocash are paying to keep the site up for those of us who can't or don't want to. :)

At this point, it's probably the extent to which TNT is dependent on NC that angers people. But the way I see it, it's either this or pay-to-play (which would probably fail on Neo, seeing how much people throw Hissi fits over NC).

That's going on another topic entirely, however.

Also agreed! Although nothing does come free in life anymore neopets definitely originated as a free games site and for many of us who have been on it for years the neocash proliferation is getting more than a little bit annoying.

yes i know! i thought it was a "free" site! i couldve sworn they said that. correct me if im wrong...

It's still a free site, as no one is *required* to pay, in order to be able to play. But they have the option for people to pay, for extra things.

Like LiveJournal. You don't have to pay to use their journal site. You can access everything. But when I used it heavy for a few years, I paid, in order to get extra features that I wanted.

yes i know! i thought it was a "free" site! i couldve sworn they said that. correct me if im wrong...

TNT isn't holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy NC, you know. :/ NC is just an extra feature. Nothing more.

TNT isn't holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy NC, you know. :/ NC is just an extra feature. Nothing more.

Yes, though they are doing a lot for the NC mall of lately and hardly anything for the NP world... Look at the difference between lulus and AAA's prizes for the daily dare.

Anyway, this is getting off-topic guys. Feel free to start a debating topic in the debate section about NC.

Yeah, back on topic...If I understood Stocking Stufftacular correctly, one didn't know what they would be getting until after they hung their stocking for that...is that correct? One is basically going into it blindly, and hoping for items they want. Please correct me if I am misunderstanding. I just don't see the point in spending so much cash and not knowing what I will be getting. Like for Lulu's prizes for DD, I can choose which items I want.