New Hint To Magma Pool?

hrtbrk

Is there something that I don't know about? lol

So there IS a way to gain access to the magma pool AND earn neopoints?!?! Do we have another Bonju type of deal here?

Hey, TNT! I have a question I've been wanting to ask: are we allowed to go to the Magma Pool and get a magma Neopet on our side account? I know it's random at the Lab Ray, but what about going to the pool? Thanks, and here are some cookies! (please leave out my username) ~ username removed

You may not earn the right to visit the Magma Pool on your side accounts, as this would also earn you Neopoints, but you are welcome to visit in hopes of sneaking past the sleeping guard, as there are no Neopoints rewarded for doing so.

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=433

What else can this Magma pool do!!!??? :woot:

Does anyone actually know yet how to earn membership to the magma pool - it was driving me crazy but I've now kind of given up until someone reminds me of it! I want a magma pet, but after months of refreshing (can't remember when it started so I may be exaggerating) I've also given up on that!

I got access after I collected the worms like 3 times and made a couple petpets...maybe something to do with that? Cause if you sold the moltite or the petpets it would give you np, and that wearable lantern from getting the worms the first time gave a lantern that could be sold too.

I got access after I collected the worms like 3 times and made a couple petpets...maybe something to do with that? Cause if you sold the moltite or the petpets it would give you np, and that wearable lantern from getting the worms the first time gave a lantern that could be sold too.

I got access after doing the worm quest once. I think that's what TNT means.

I got access after doing the worm quest once. I think that's what TNT means.

Probably so, you can get np from selling the stuff....I'm not sure about that though? You can get RE's on side accounts, and those items could possibly be sold to get np.

I've done the worm quest twice and refreshed like crazy, I still can't get access to the magma pool. I always have terrible luck on the random stuff though.

I'm not too sure if that's what they mean. When the pool was first released, some people were granted access (not because the guard was asleep) without even touching a worm or making a petpet - and they didn't receive neopoints from that interaction either. Plus, as far as we know, creating a petpet involves the worms and has nothing to do with the pool.

Sounds like they intended the pool to be a daily, where you can get NPs from it on a regular basis (imo) 'Well versed' has to come into play somehow. Someone needs to crack the code!!

I have done the worms quest enough to have one of every single petpet possible in my possession, and I still don't have access to the Magma pool.

This account was only a few days old, I had no worms or anything and I got access to the Magma Pool.

I have no idea if I received NeoPoints or not. If I did, it probably wasn't a significant amount.

The editorial response says earning access "will" earn you neopoints. Just getting moltite and/or making a petpet doesn't guarantee you'll sell it and make money. I'm thinking that means whatever you have to do to get in makes you neopoints. I'm still thinking it's a game. Cave Glider involves Moltara's caves...

But does Igneot have anything to do with it? He's all there and doesn't seem to serve much of a purpose... My theory is still game. But what score???1! XD

I did get access to the magma pool last week, I think it was. I believe I've done the worm quest 3 or 4 times.

My high score in tunnel tumble is 1,027 and I've never played cave glider, it seems. I thought I had but under high score, it says N/A, maybe it's a glitch.

It can take a looong time to get all the worms - it's usually the black and rainbow worms that come last. Don't know what to tell you other than keep trying at random times throughout the day :) I always keep Moltara open in a separate tab and check on it every so often.

EDIT: Just got the rainbow worm ^o^ Only missing the black one now!

I painted my ixi magma, but I didn't like the look of magma pets so I repainted him.

I've visited there and quite a couple times I could have went in.

I don't see how we'll be able to earn neopoints from it.

There's also a certain time that you can find each worm.

From what I've been reading on the neoboards.....

Every user has a different 10 minute window of time, a specific time of day AND day of the week. For example-if mine were today from 2:14-2:24, it would be the same next Tuesday, and ONLY then. Supposedly it has absolutely nothing to do with worms, quests, petpets, igneos, etc.

Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?? Or is this just more rumor and speculation?

From what I've been reading on the neoboards.....

Every user has a different 10 minute window of time, a specific time of day AND day of the week. For example-if mine were today from 2:14-2:24, it would be the same next Tuesday, and ONLY then. Supposedly it has absolutely nothing to do with worms, quests, petpets, igneos, etc.

Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?? Or is this just more rumor and speculation?

Completely false.

There are multiple five-minute windows where you can collect the worms throughout the day. And they're there every day. For example, I collected my Rainbow Worm from 10:15-10:20 AM every day. I can go there at the same time tomorrow, and it'll be there again.

The reason the Rainbow and Black worms are so rare is that there are far fewer five-minute windows where you can collect them than the others. I've only counted about three of each for me.

Completely false.

There are multiple five-minute windows where you can collect the worms throughout the day. And they're there every day. For example, I collected my Rainbow Worm from 10:15-10:20 AM every day. I can go there at the same time tomorrow, and it'll be there again.

The reason the Rainbow and Black worms are so rare is that there are far fewer five-minute windows where you can collect them than the others. I've only counted about three of each for me.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't too clear on what I was trying to say lol....

I didn't mean the times for the worms, I meant the times for the guard to be awake:)

I think the tonu is awake at the same time everyday, however, I know you can only paint a pet magma once a week, or else you'll get this:

Sorry, your Neopet has already gone for a dip in the Pool. If another of your Neopets wants to splash around in there, you'll just have to come back next week.

I've been able to get in with the guard sleeping at around 12:15 AM.

• 1 year later...

I found my magma pool time the other day. It's at 7:05pm NST. I forgot to check today to see if I could get in at that time again. I didn't paint a pet, so I'll try again tomorrow and see if the guard sleeps at the same 7:05pm NST window.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.