Kass Basher Revamp

Xepha

Neopets has revamped the game Kass Basher and it is currently in beta testing for premium members. For those of you who remember, there was an accidental launch of this game during the Games Master Challenge in November 2009. The Daily Neopets has updated our Beta Game Screenshots page where you can view the latest information on this game, and see in-depth screenshots, and other things.

Game Buttons

ctp_1176.gificon_1176.giftm_1176.gif

Screenshots

kassbasherbeta3s.jpg kassbasherbeta2s.jpg

Click to view larger & more screenshots.

If more information becomes available to us, we'll post that right up, so be sure to check back on The Daily Neopets

Drat! Drat! Drat! Drat! Drat! As soon as the new version properly comes out this is being moved out of my favourites and onto my 'never to play again' list. I hated the revamp. I love the Kass Basher as it is but I absolutely hated the new one. I had kind of hoped that they'd decided the new version was a flop and to get rid of it entirely.

*facepalm*

What was TNT thinking? We didn't want to see this garbage game ever again.

On the other hand, however, it's possible TNT is doing this for the same reason they got rid of Poogle Solitaire many, many years ago. Since so many people play it every day, they probably felt it turned into a chore.

It truly is awful. They've managed to make a good and fair game into a rigged monstrosity, almost akin to the deserted fairground games. It now barely ever strays above 0 m/s wind speed, and is most commonly around the -5 or -6 mark.

On the other hand, however, it's possible TNT is doing this for the same reason they got rid of Poogle Solitaire many, many years ago. Since so many people play it every day, they probably felt it turned into a chore.

This sounds like it may be a possible reason. It seems odd that they would want to make it, as it is one of a very, very small number of games which are easy for the neopoints each and every month.

Blarg! Not again! :sad01_anim: I hope that TNT makes some serious improvements over the accidental pre-release. Rather, I wish that TNT would just FIX their broken games, instead of revamping old games that work perfectly fine.

You know, at first, I was against the idea, but I gave it some thought, and you know what? As long as they increase the chances of getting up to 9 m/s, I think everything will be fine. If enough people complain about that, TNT will have to make it like that, right?

At least that way, you won't be getting your 3k a day in less than a minute, but you won't be waiting as long as you have to in this current version.

I hope the revamp is far better than the current one.. The old one sucked because it took forever to get 9mp/h and mostly it was in the minuses.

But it normally took almost no time to get to about 7 m/s in the old one, which is all you needed to get the 1000np, and this new one barely gets above zero. So unless they change that (unlikely) then this will be even worse for you and everyone else. This seems to be the whole point of the "update," to make the game harder. The graphics are very similar, if slightly more polished.

I liked the old version, I never really played again after they released the new version (never knew they reversed it again)

It was so much fail, I certainly hope this is not the same.

This is one game I can consistently get a 1000 NPs with. I played it everyday during the 10x a day. I like this game the way it is. I got the altered version during GMC and hated it. Since this is an avatar game, why do they feel the need to change it?

Whyyyyy? Darn you TNT.

Even if they make it less awful than the first time, what's the point? There's nothing wrong with the current version. Don't fix things that aren't broken.

Well, they can't just keep it the same forever. Let's face it, it's an anachronistic relic of the past, it needs an update to be with the rest of the site.

Stop being stuck in the past and have some hope they'll make it better. -_-

Umm, I can still get to the old version of kass basher, the one that was good... I can post a link if that's allowed

Obviously, the old version is still playable until the beta is over for premium members.

{raises a eyebrow} i know it sucked but i dont think tnt would be THAT silly to release a game that was that horrible. it's been said repeatedly it was in its bata stages and i did play the accidental released verson like many here. i think instead of everyone panicing i vote we wait and see if its improoved sense 2009. if not {locks and loads myself} -.^ ill be right here going "NOOOOOO" with the rest of yaall XD

{raises a eyebrow} i know it sucked but i dont think tnt would be THAT silly to release a game that was that horrible. it's been said repeatedly it was in its bata stages and i did play the accidental released verson like many here. i think instead of everyone panicing i vote we wait and see if its improoved sense 2009. if not {locks and loads myself} -.^ ill be right here going "NOOOOOO" with the rest of yaall XD

That is probably a very good idea...I'll wait and see what it comes out. If it's good then it's good...I don't however have very high hopes!

Well, they can't just keep it the same forever. Let's face it, it's an anachronistic relic of the past, it needs an update to be with the rest of the site.

Stop being stuck in the past and have some hope they'll make it better. -_-

They can quite easily keep it the same way until it is out of date with the rest of the site. Which it isn't. It goes with the saying 'don't fix things that ain't broken'. It's a well loved and well played game. Shadaw has a very good point and I'll wait to see what comes out, but I do not believe that any of us bemoaning the loss of the Kass Basher we know and love are 'stuck in the past'. Nor that Kass Basher is just an anachronistic relic of the past - if it was it wouldn't be played half as much as it is or liked as much as it is.

Something isn't a relic until it is only looked at as something from the past. And Kass Basher is nowhere near that point.

I'm sorry, I guess I was just trying to say what shadaw was saying. Wait 'till it comes out before judging, basically.

From what I've seen here, people won't even accept a graphical update. :/ They just want Kass Basher to stay the same forever, with no updates.

I'm sorry, I guess I was just trying to say what shadaw was saying. Wait 'till it comes out before judging, basically.

From what I've seen here, people won't even accept a graphical update. :/ They just want Kass Basher to stay the same forever, with no updates.

It's not that we don't want updates, it's just that we don't want them if as a side affect it makes the game less enjoyable. The beta to me seems to be exactly the same as the one that was released to all in 2009.

Drat! Drat! Drat! Drat! Drat! As soon as the new version properly comes out this is being moved out of my favourites and onto my 'never to play again' list. I hated the revamp. I love the Kass Basher as it is but I absolutely hated the new one. I had kind of hoped that they'd decided the new version was a flop and to get rid of it entirely.

I am thinking they got lots of complaints about the crap version of the game, and when it is released it won't be as pathetic as it was before, that they improved it.

There's nothing wrong with that, people are allowed to feel however they want to feel, and people hate change. Nothing new there. There are a lot better things TNT can be doing with their time then messing around with things they know won't end well.