the BEST Disney movie?

Domino

97 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched Alice and Wonderland. I'm soooo excited for the Tim Burton one, you have no idea. Yes, I also cry every time Mufasa dies. *tear* And Oliver & Co. is the CUTEST movie ever. We watched Oliver Twist in AP Euro, and I totally didn't realize it was based off of Oliver Twist until then. My mind was blown.

Just wait, Domino, until you read Hamlet... The Lion King has a whole different meaning after that.lol

Whoa really? Are all the Disney movies secretly really deep and symbolic? *mind explodes*

What's Howl's Moving Castle? And I do love Aladdin. My favorite animated non-Disney movies were the Pokemon movies and the Scooby Doo movies though. :P

Howl's Moving Castle is a production by Studio Ghibli, a famous Japanese anime studio. It's from the same guy who made Spirited Away.

Also, in terms of Disney, oh gosh why isn't The Hunchback of Notre Dame up there? Hellfire sung is my favourite Disney song ever.

Howl's Moving Castle is a production by Studio Ghibli, a famous Japanese anime studio. It's from the same guy who made Spirited Away.

Also, in terms of Disney, oh gosh why isn't The Hunchback of Notre Dame up there? Hellfire sung is my favourite Disney song ever.

I.LOVE.SPIRITED.AWAY. I really need to find that movie on DVD, since we lost our VHS copy. :crying: That was the coolest movie ever. Personally, from Hunchback, I love God Help the Outcasts.

MUST SEE THAT. I loved Spirited Away and Ponyo, heck, I love Miyazaki (spelling?) altogether

Wow. I just looked it up, and I totally remember it being one of the previews to one of my favorite movies, and I remembered the preview because it was so cool, but I never saw the movie. I think it was "Kiki's Delivery Service"?

And Anastasia.

But... Anastasia is by Fox.

--

Personally, Beauty and the Beast is probably the BEST, but Princess and the Frog dethroned it as my favorite. Tiana is my favorite princess ever, and the movie made me feel better about the fact I'm working and saving for my own store. =)

And I LOVE Oliver and Company. My friends bought me the special edition DVD for my birthday back in July. Best gift ever. Also, I love Hunchback of Notre Dame, if only because it has the best music.

Wow. I just looked it up, and I totally remember it being one of the previews to one of my favorite movies, and I remembered the preview because it was so cool, but I never saw the movie. I think it was "Kiki's Delivery Service"?

Yeees, that's another Miyazaki movie. Also a great one!

My favourite Miyazaki is an old one called Nausica of the Valley of the Wind. (That's where the famous chocobos of the Final Fantasy world originate from, by the way.) Although, I have yet to watch My Neighbor Totoro, which is said to be super awesome.

My.Neighbor.Totoro is my FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME. Forget anything else that I said. That one is my favorite. I think that it should be qualified as epic-Disneyness...no?

The Arristo Cats (or however you spell it) is also amazing. I remember watching that one a LOT when I was still a little Nyssa :wub_anim:

My.Neighbor.Totoro is my FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME. Forget anything else that I said. That one is my favorite. I think that it should be qualified as epic-Disneyness...no?

Totoro was made by Studio Ghibli and originally released by Fox outside of Japan, though, so if you watched it while you were younger (and assuming you aren't, you know, from Japan), it's probably the Fox version you're familiar with, not the Disney rerelease. I find most people I know don't even know Disney rereleased it.

So, it's technically not Disney. It wasn't even released by Disney until '06.

I voted the Little mermaid, just because I saw it when I was young and I loved it ever since (yes, even the sequels)

I really hesitated with Mulan, I loved this one also, but since I saw it when I was older... does not really have the same signification.

And Tarzan was really good also ^^

Oh god, I just remembered. Aristocats, I think (a play on "aristocrat").

Everybody wants to be a cat, amirite guys? xD

Definitely! I get so jealous watching my cats. Eat, sleep, play all day and people stroking them...

oh how I want to be a cat in my next life (if there is such a thing).

But back on subject: I watched the Lion King a few days ago... *sigh* so amazing. I swear to god that my children will grow up with old Disney movies! (my children in 10 years or so)

Oh, this is the "Best" Disney movie, I thought it was "Favourite". Still, I'll have to go with the awesome movie I saw yesterday, not Mulan, in the cinema I saw The Princess and the Frog. I really liked how it wasn't so predictable and typical. Plus it was REALLY funny and upbeat. Great movie, really was :yes:

Hercules. =) I just love the story. :)

But 2nd would have to be Lion King. :king:

oops! i thought you meant the newer movies!!! but no, i like the lion king! i remember when i was like 5 or 6, me and my sister always used to watch that movie over and over again! it was just so good! but i dont know if its just me, but it seems that when you are younger, you like to watch movies over and over again but now it seems that now, i cant stand really to watch a movie over and over. i think its just me and a couple of other people because my sisters friend thats like i think 17 or 18 watched the movie twilight 15 times! i dont know if she was just exaggerating or if she was telling the truth! but yeah, i really loved the lion king and i still do now! but i liked the older movie when simba and nala were little cubs! it was so much better. but i do remember that i didnt like the newer one because simba was an adult and yeah, i wasnt really feeling that! but even now, i still prefer them as little lion cubs! they were just so cute! :D