Dragon Cave Discussion Thread

Ruto

They're considered uncommon, but the fact that they can only breed with other Splits makes them go fast. Also, you can breed if you want to. No one's stopping you.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, okay! Cool! Thanks for clearing up that bit of confusion. (Though really it shouldn't matter to me because I'm not supposed to be breeding my dragons... but it's still interesting.)

Oh, I have a question. Are splits rare? Or semi-rare? I only ask because they always seem to disappear rapidly in the abandonment area.

~ Livvy

Why can't you breed? You can get some cool dragons such as the Alt. black or Alt. vine dragons.

Why can't you breed? You can get some cool dragons such as the Alt. black or Alt. vine dragons.

Because I need the egg/hatchling slots to help the abandoned non-alt. Blacks and Vines (as well as any other abandoned egg/hatchling in need of help.)

~ Livvy

It seems to me that rares get more often than commons... Is that because more people click on rares since they don't see them too often?

Also, if you breed seasonals in the summer, but it turns into fall before the egg hatches, it still hatches summer, right?

~ Livvy

Rares are more likely to get soft shell because of their programming, or so I've been told.

Also, if you breed seasonals in the summer, but it turns into fall before the egg hatches, it still hatches summer, right?

Yes, the season depends on when the egg was born, no matter any other condition.

I hope I'm doing this right... new to the Dragon Cave as well as Daily NeoPets fourm. But here are my eggs*points at her siggy*, and thanks y'all for clicking on them! Oh, and my scroll name is SkyTurtle, too. (Gee, let's hear it for creativity....)

Yay for creativity! *cheers*

Anywho, that bit of randomness aside, you seem to be doing it right. =] I'm pretty new to Dragon Caves too, so I ask a ton of questions (and probably annoy the veteran Dragon Cave users... Sorry, veteran Dragon Cave users!)

And I clicked your eggs. =]

~ Livvy

I hope I'm doing this right... new to the Dragon Cave as well as Daily NeoPets fourm. But here are my eggs*points at her siggy*, and thanks y'all for clicking on them! Oh, and my scroll name is SkyTurtle, too. (Gee, let's hear it for creativity....)

I clicked your eggs! I love your scroll name, so lets cheer for creativity! ^_^

Yay! Thanks, Livvy :) I clicked yours, too. Now I can hardly wait to see what I get!

Take a look at the third dragon I have, that's what your red egg will morph into if I remember correctly my eggs' colors before they became dragons.

Yep, that's what it'll turn into! The colors are pretty much the same throughout the stages. Not much change, except with the splits, but they just become mostly one color when their gender is determined. It's fairly simple; you'll figure it out in no time! And if you don't, you can always ask! =]

~ Livvy

Yea, I know what you mean. If I had any egg slots left, I'd go clear at least one out of the way. I kinda hate that there are so many abandoned eggs they can block the cave entrance.

Hm... this is random, but I'm going to record the things I've learned just from the abandoned page (and from asking questions, but mostly from the abandoned page)

- the abandoned page gets more full when the drops are coming around, meaning some people have no problem abandoning an egg just to get a new one

- people place a lot of emphasis on the alt. lotto, causing them to abandon non-alt. Black and Vine hatchlings

- aside from rares, splits tend to get picked up quickest, followed by blacks and waters

- orange and stone don't show up terribly often on the abandoned page

- the last to get picked up are usually the purples, pinks, whites, and seasonal

I don't know why I decided to write that... I just did. *shrug*

~ Livvy

Hey, for some websites a few months is more like a few decades! And thanks for posting your reflections on how the page works, Livvy-- remember, I'm even newer to this than you are :P