Dragon Cave Discussion Thread

Ruto

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While practicing my clicking skills, I have seen so many abandoned black hatchlings. Not any of the other types, just black. Is there a reason so many people are abandoning black hatchlings? And just black hatchlings rather than black eggs? I'm just curious about it.

~ Livvy

The Alt Lotto. Some people, when their "lotto ticket" (black or vine egg) doesn't turn out to be an alt, will abandon it rather than clutter their scroll with normal blacks. Others will freeze them or let them grow and breed them for more chances, but there are plenty that just abandon them. I'd say it's mean, but it does give others a chance at a half grown dragon. Can you imagine how elated a newbie would be to snag one?

Oh... that would explain the vine hatchlings I've been seeing too... (not as many as the blacks though.) That's kind of cruel, but I suppose I understand why they wouldn't want to clutter their scroll... It saddens me though. =[

~ Livvy

You know, I think it's neat that you're going to be a Saver. I think there are three main types of player on DC: Saver, Breeder, and Collector. A Saver will save and raise dragons that are low on time, even helping those that they can't catch but still need help. A Breeder breeds their dragons a lot, keeping some but abandoning most so others have a chance at a new dragon. I'm a Breeder. Collectors, well, collect. There are many different versions of a Collector, but some will get a male, female, and frozen of each type, others want to collect as many of a speices as they can, and some just want a lot of dragons. I'm sure there are other types, and crosses of these three, but they're the big ones.

man i miss so much on this page!

if some one has a silver egg/hatchling they dont want could we set up a time to abadon it so i could try to get it?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post; use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

hmm... i think i need some help here... so i have this hatchling that suddenly got sick and i don't really know why...

his stats: Overall Views: 2468 Unique Views: 1655 Clicks: 35

i read the thread on the DCForums about egg/hatchling sickness but my hatchling doesn't have a 'click' problem and he didn't received too many clicks/views in a short period of time either... i decided to hide him but i don't really know if that's the right thing to do... what do you think i should do? :eh:

I'm still on the hunt for a silver and gold and paper and all the fun rare ones.

I'm trying to collect atm. Just one of each or a pair of each. I have waaaay too many females >.<

hmm... i think i need some help here... so i have this hatchling that suddenly got sick and i don't really know why...

his stats: Overall Views: 2468 Unique Views: 1655 Clicks: 35

i read the thread on the DCForums about egg/hatchling sickness but my hatchling doesn't have a 'click' problem and he didn't received too many clicks/views in a short period of time either... i decided to hide him but i don't really know if that's the right thing to do... what do you think i should do? :eh:

Yep, fog 'em (x If you don't have more clicks than views, it has to be the other type of soft-shell sickness. A little fog time will cure it.

*gasp* They grew up! Now I can start Saving! =] *heads off to abandoned area*

I didn't know they added a day when you picked them up... Hm, that's helpful. But it makes them seem less desperately in need... I'll keep that in mind next time I get them.

Sgt3.gif .. uIgo.gif .. YSu1.gif .. Tj2T.gif

6d6h 5d19h 4d20h 6d6h

~ Livvy

The paper might have been since you can't breed them o-O The silver wasn't a trade, because there were two as the result of a breeding, and you can only keep one. I checked the mom-dragon's page ;3

Oh, okay! Cool! Thanks for clearing up that bit of confusion. (Though really it shouldn't matter to me because I'm not supposed to be breeding my dragons... but it's still interesting.)

Oh, I have a question. Are splits rare? Or semi-rare? I only ask because they always seem to disappear rapidly in the abandonment area.

~ Livvy