Dragon Cave Discussion Thread

Ruto

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On each dragon's page, there's a link to it's lineage on the right. Just check it and be sure the dragon you're breeding it with doesn't have common ancestors. It also helps to lifemate dragons- that is, breed two dragons to each other and each other only- so you don't accidently breed across gens.

Why would anyone be bothered by breeding pixels laughingsmiley.gif. I never check the AP when I am locked cuz I know that I am gonna wish that I had other eggs smile_anim.gif.

If teleport is implemented I will no longer be trading. In the long run it will make rares even harder to get. Magis will be impossible to find. TJ says that only one option will be available, AP trades or magi trades... That means the AP will disappear and unwanted eggs and multiclutches will just disappear. Or that he will try to not let people refresh the AP which speaking from experience is near impossible to do.
Huh? What? They can't take the AP! They can't! I need that! *freaks out*

I think that peson is a tad mixed up... Note that I haven't looked into it, but this is my guess:

If/when a teleportation is impliminted, it seems it will be a Magi BSA. If that happenes, IT will be used for trades (and as such, Magis will become rarer). There is a way to block people from getting to the abandons link as it is right now, probably denying acess to those without specific powers (you guys can't get to the SC even if I gave you a direct link to a topic, after all). My guess is, he'll block the abandons link we use now and we'll have to use the Teleport way (which, in theory, is a ton safer). This will decrease the number of rares in the AP, yes, as at least 60% of them are trades, but the AP will not be going away. People will always need to abandon, and TJ'd be killed if he removed multiclutches. And yes, rares will be rarer, but you have to remember that Vamps have a 25% chance of being booted upon creation, and there are still plenty of people that drop rares out of kindness.

But but but... then what's the point of stalking the AP if there's never going to be anything good in it. Half the people there go looking for rares they can snag. Myself included, though I also go looking for dragons really low on time. But still. The rares make it more fun. :(

So, start stocking up on Magis? :P

I dunno, I don't stalk the AP much, so this is really just an improvement for me, since it's safer and probably less time-consuming and flexible time-wise, since the two players don't have to be on at the same time (well, at least that's my inference).

But I do understand why this might be somewhat upsetting to people, as 60% of rares would be going away...

*is still sad* I hope he doesn't implement it. I don't see why it has to effect the AP at all.

EDIT: I just had something of an epiphany. Vampires-to-be already have codes, so to protect yourself from repulse, you can give a friend the code and do it exactly like you would a trade: countdown to bite, and have them refresh like crazy. That way, if its repulsed, you can get it back! *feels slightly smart*

Right now, the game does not support trading. I rather there be an official trading channel than this idea of "I get screwed when trading, it's OK if I screw others by stealing their trades". He's already put up prototype pictures of Teleport, and he already polled forum people. He's implementing Teleport, no going back. Sorry.

And I finally got to gift the silver. I'm going to work on catching and releasing the new guys to help with ratios.

EDIT: TJ doesn't allow the vampire catching in case of repulse bit. I think he's either already put something in play or will soon.

Their rarity will likely skyrocket. Be glad they're really easy to breed.

And you can't catch a booted Vamp egg. I tried with Alice once, didn't work. There's all ready code in place to prevent it.

That's my guess, yes. YOu could always do it the risky way though the AP though- abandon and hope they refresh at the right moment. Of course, if you're dropping, say, a Gold, that's a really, REALLY stupid idea. It would, however, be a work around if you're giving someone something common like a Pink for lineage reasons.

EDIT: Something I just thoghut of- donig it like this will, actually, add a few more rares to the AP. Namely multi-clutch rares. It's currently possible to give the link(s) of the other rare to a friend and have them catch it, then get it back, trade, ect. If you can't acess the abandons/code link, they either have to try, or you simply have to choose one and let any others go to whoever gets it.

Hm... that's a shame. I might have to become a Breeder so I can breed a bunch of rares and drop them in the AP to make it fun for AP stalkers again. (Or I'll just really hope someone else does that. There's no satisfaction like occasionally picking up a Gold in the AP.)

EDIT to match Anime's edit: But aren't multi-clutch rares really, well, rare?

Yes, but I've gotten several multiclutches in the past, including two that held two golds, and one very memorable first breeding that yeilded a silver and two alt vines. Rare, but not impossible.

Hm... I'll attempt to keep the optimism up. Maybe TJ will take pity on the stalkers like me (I feel so weird calling myself a stalker :P ) and boost the multi-clutches a little. ;) Probably not, but I'll hope.