Same Sex Marrige

CAV of Gang Green

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should Same Sex Marrige be allowed?

I'm sorry I just have to say I giggled like a fool at cave chia. I do want to point out, that we (the USA) were built on separation of church and state. I can see our forefathers rolling in their graves right now.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am completely for same sex marriage.

I myself am straight, with no plan on switching teams.

But I do have many friends who are bisexual or gay.

Them getting married has no affect on you what so ever. So why should you be able to tell them who they can or cannot marry?

Telling people they must marry someone of the opposite sex is like telling them they cannot marry outside of their race or ethicity. Im Irish, and I can legally marry a Native American, or an African American, or an Asian. So why can't I marry a female?

Race doesn't matter, so neither should sex.

definitly NO!!!!!! it is completely sick and wrong to marry the same gender as you! are you crazy? you guys seriously say yes? well its completely wrong. guys arent supposed to marry guys and girls arent supposed to marry girls. Its just not right. i mean its the same gender, who cares if its how they are? you are marrying the same gender as you are, and you cant even have children without adopting them! On my religion it is wrong to marry the same religion as you! it is wrong, wrong, wrong!

oh and please dont get mad if i sound rude, its just wrong to me

definitly NO!!!!!! it is completely sick and wrong to marry the same gender as you! are you crazy? you guys seriously say yes? well its completely wrong. guys arent supposed to marry guys and girls arent supposed to marry girls. Its just not right. i mean its the same gender, who cares if its how they are? you are marrying the same gender as you are, and you cant even have children without adopting them! On my religion it is wrong to marry the same religion as you! it is wrong, wrong, wrong!

oh and please dont get mad if i sound rude, its just wrong to me

Why is it wrong? Your religion, or kneejerk "EW EW EW GROSS"?

I'm Christian, and know allot of people who are also Christian struggling with Homosexuality.

The thing is is that it is a mental problem, your not born with it and you don't decide to have it.

It is caused by ether a:

1. Lack of a Male figure in your life (same for Woman, but you get it)

2. A feeling that you are different and that homosexuality is the only place you must fit in.

3. Wanting to fit in, as homosexuality is a large part of today's culture.

4. A cry for attention

5. Something that happened when you were young, usually a victim of rape of molestation. (If filtered you know what I mean..)

6. (Like allot of people) If you are viewing inappropriate content on the internet/TV ect.. This will mess up your whole views on your sexuality, most likely because you are disgusted with what you have seen and are looking for safety in the same sex (who you have not viewed inappropriate)

7. And the people who think they are because they worry allot or have fears. (Homophobia)

The thing is, its not you, your living a fake life if you believe that it is who you are.

I do not hate homosexuals, although it can get uncomfortable some times.. don't hate them.

You don't hate people with Depression? (Or you shouldn't at least) No, so don't hate the people struggling with homosexuality.

I to have struggled with it (Reason #6 & 7)

If any of you are struggling, go to this website, these are all nice, awesome people.

Tell them about your situation and they can help you :)

http://forums.livehope.org/threads/ubbthreads.php?Cat=0

LOL

... What? I don't even know what to say or where to begin. I'm not even gay and I found your 'list' incredibly offensive due to the lack of education. <_< 2 and 3 are huge contradictions. People are gay to be different but are gay to fit in? What? lol

For the people who still use religion as a reason to condemn homosexuality:

Do you still support slavery? The Bible does.

Do you support human and animal sacrifice. The Bible does.

Do you support the subjugation of women. The Bible does.

Do you support incest? The Bible must, since all people came from Adam and Eve, meaning that Cain and Abel had to mate with their sisters or their mother.

If you answered yes to my questions, I probably have nothing more to say to you, ever. But if you answered no, you may need to reflect a bit on what your religious leaders are telling you and start thinking for yourself a bit.

LOL

... What? I don't even know what to say or where to begin. I'm not even gay and I found your 'list' incredibly offensive due to the lack of education. <_< 2 and 3 are huge contradictions. People are gay to be different but are gay to fit in? What? lol

Exactly my point, you are not homosexual and most likely don't know anything about it.

*clears throat*

I did not say they are gay to be different, I said that they feel they are different than other people (Such as a guy who is more sensitive then the other guys)

Point 2. Have you ever known someone who cuts for attention?

Same applies here. Allot of today's media include homosexuality as being okay, and as this topic as an example, it gets allot of attention.

They think that if they can convince themselves they are homosexual and do acts of homosexuality, then people will pay attention to them.

Although I should take it off the list because its more of a state of mind than actually having a problem with it...

For the people who still use religion as a reason to condemn homosexuality:

Do you still support slavery? The Bible does.

Do you support human and animal sacrifice. The Bible does.

Do you support the subjugation of women. The Bible does.

Do you support incest? The Bible must, since all people came from Adam and Eve, meaning that Cain and Abel had to mate with their sisters or their mother.

If you answered yes to my questions, I probably have nothing more to say to you, ever. But if you answered no, you may need to reflect a bit on what your religious leaders are telling you and start thinking for yourself a bit.

Sure they did it in the Bible.

But we were free from all those laws when Jesus died for us.

He said that all you must do is Be baptized in the Holt Spirit and except Jesus into your Heart, meaning that EVERYONE who does this can enter the kingdom of Heaven, even Homosexuals.

Although me must still live for the Lord on the Earth until he comes back.

Meaning we must follow his rules and commandments.

The Lord said:

"Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; it is an abomination.(Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable; they must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Meaning that Homosexuality is a sin in the Lords eyes.

The Lord wants us to live a sin free life, and live more like him.

Nuff said?

Here is a video,Ricky Chelette he is an expert on it.

He talks allot of truth ;D

http://www.watermarkradio.com/index.php?id=153&channel=543&series=156&message=0

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Trying to prove or disprove whether homosexuality is a mental disorder or attention-seeking behavior or not based on the Bible or ministry preacher is faulty logic. Is the Bible a scientific text? No. Is the man is that video a scientist? Nope. Give me legit studies and then we'll talk.

As someone who is heteroflexible (bisexual with a preference towards men), I'm almost... offended at the suggestion I would be with a woman for attention. If I wanted people to give me attention, after all, I find it's much easier to break out the tiki torches and high-proof alcohol and do some fire-breathing. That tends to wow an audience far more than PDA with another woman.

Also, bringing in cutting for attention is opening a whole 'nother can of worms. Not everyone who cuts does it for attention, and while it can be signifying deep, emotional or mental problems, if can also be for other... more recreational purposes. Comparing it to homosexuality is inappropriate and faulty logic at best.

Although, I find it interesting that while you've spoken out against homosexuality as wrong, you never addressed the actual topic of the debate: Should same-sex marriage be allowed? Do you believe people should be forced to follow Biblical rules, even if they are not Christian, or followers of the Bible? Should I end up with a woman, and choose to marry her*, why would I, as an Ásatrúar, be prevented to marry because some Christian says I'll burn in hell for it, never mind the fact I don't follow or abide by that religion's belief systems?

*I don't actually believe in marriage. But if people want to get married, who am I to stop them? I don't think the government has the right to force churches to preform a ceremony for a gay or lesbian couple if it's against their teachings, but there are plenty of other religions who would allow it, as well as the fact marriage can be a simple legal union.

As far as I'm concerned, the government can stay out of my bedroom, out of my religion, and away from my desire to own a gun (but that's a whole 'nother debate, isn't it?)

I used to have depression thankyouvery much ;D

And I'm know allot of people who used to cut for attention, not all of them do it, but some do for that reason.

AnYWaYs, I respect you beliefs.

I'm not going to say I'm right (and if I did, I'm sorry, that was wrong of me), I just wanted to let you know ;D

Out of curiosity, what does depression have to do with the debate at hand?

And, alright, I know a lot of people are under the impression most people who cut are attention-seekers, and it's a touchy subject for me.

I respect your beliefs, as well--who am I do say what someone should or should not believe in, after all? =)

Sure they did it in the Bible.

But we were free from all those laws when Jesus died for us.

He said that all you must do is Be baptized in the Holt Spirit and except Jesus into your Heart, meaning that EVERYONE who does this can enter the kingdom of Heaven, even Homosexuals.

Although me must still live for the Lord on the Earth until he comes back.

Meaning we must follow his rules and commandments.

The Lord said:

"Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; it is an abomination.(Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable; they must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Meaning that Homosexuality is a sin in the Lords eyes.

The Lord wants us to live a sin free life, and live more like him.

Nuff said?

Here is a video,Ricky Chelette he is an expert on it.

He talks allot of truth ;D

http://www.watermark...s=156&message=0

Could not agree more with all your points, although I did wonder about the all you have to do is get Baptised to go to heaven one, but you'vre straightened that out with your Quote. It was nice how at first it wasn;t about religion, but now you'll get condemed for adding that aspect  jealous.gif

Anyway, so do you think Same-Sex Marriage is right?

• 1 month later...

I am against gay marriage. You can't stop gays from being together and whatnot. But do they have to get married? No. True marriage is and will always be between a man and a woman, even if gays get the right to marry wherever they choose.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Pirusher) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics that have been inactive for more than 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Sir, do not bump a topic more than 21 days inactive. Be sure to check the rules next time.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Pirusher) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Thank you CAV2, but no need to post this as it is somewhat like backseat moderating - just reporting does the trick. ;) Locking this topic.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Pirusher).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Pirusher if you have any questions regarding this action.

• 1 month later...