Hypocritical TNT!

tempdisplay

Should TNT Allow Us to Post Links  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What do YOU think?

• Yes, it's makes things so much easier
    • No, it might not be very safe
    • Neither, they should get rid their Ads or the links in them or both :D

Hey guys, I'm slamming TNT, or Viacom? Again :laughingsmiley: They say we shouldn't post off-site links, but all their adds have links to off-site websites, and are very confrontational, which is annoying.

So what do you think, stop Clickable Ads or Allow Us to link Off-site?

EDIT: Thanks to a very smart pope_durban:

Neither, hypocrisy in this matter is fine...

One matter that ISN'T okay, however, is the NT:

You can get rejected because it incorporates too many modern technologies

However, the stock chia has a cell phone and drives a car

The stock scorchio (search for ticker list) has a laptop, I believe

Jhudora's 'thank you message's are inclusive of 'Next time I'll use the internet'

Let's post areas where TNT are hypocritical, they mention things that should be prohibited yet, they do the things themselves :yes:

If they allowed us to link off site that would be one big mess but I do think that they are being hypocrytes by putting links up to all their other sites everywhere plus all the adds so i'm going to have to go with get rid of the adds. (And the NC mall) 0:)

If they allowed us to link off site that would be one big mess but I do think that they are being hypocrytes by putting links up to all their other sites everywhere plus all the adds so i'm going to have to go with get rid of the adds. (And the NC mall) 0:)

:woot:  

I've added a Poll to the Topic, I thought I already added one but it didn't show up, anyway I know what you'll choose, the 3rd option ;)

Heeey, I'm Lana.

:*

New to these boards.

Well, I'd have to say that ads are what pays for neopets.

My school yearbook is beautiful, and that's only because one third of it is full of ads for companies that make the yearbook nice.

Off-site links lead to people being scammed.

What neopets could do is something that dA does as well.

If anyone clicks an offsite link, there's a warning telling them that they're leaving the site.

Off-site linking shouldn't be allowed. There are rarely cases where it comes in handy. I received a warning once for offsite linking (it was to last.fm on a music-related Guild), and I think they were right. Neopets is not made for social interaction. If you want that, you should go to MySpace etc.

Why would you need offsite linking?

I find the off-site link ban annoying, but I understand and appreciate its value. The sheer volume of users on Neopets means that it would be impossible for TNT to audit off-site links in any timely or complete manner without a ridiculous quantity of additional resources, and for a site like Neopets, moderation of links is very important. I do think they could do a better job of auditing the ads that go up on their site, but that might have more to do with their advertising provider(s) than the team themselves.

Also, please take a look at the link in my signature before talking about hackers. Thank you. ;)

Oh AA, always fighting for the respect for hackers.. ^_^

I'd like to point out that ads can be controlled by TNT, whereas users can't really be. Like I could post a link to an adult site, when an ad probably won't take you to one. There are just too many users, and there aren't as many ads.

And remember, ads keep Neopets free for all you guys ;)

Jhudora's 'thank you message's are inclusive of 'Next time I'll use the internet'

Oh my, you are SO right! TNT need to sort themselves out. Like the Gnorbu Day marquee, I didn't know there was a Barber Shop in Neopia...

As I use an ad blocker I don't notice the ads, but I think that it would be a very unwise idea to allow off site linking. Not only would the CGer problem get worse, but staff would be inundated with reports from users who followed a link to an inappropriate site.

• 1 month later...

Hah! A barber shop! You know, maybe they should make a REAL barber shop were pets can go and get a whole new look!!! That is my crazy idea which I know will never work. But still, that would be cool.