Memories...

Catha

I remember when i was 8, i didn't knew English language (i'm from Poland, i'm still learning English) and i tried to play neopets xD Now i can speak English (well, i'm still not good in writing, but i'm learning third year :) ) It was fun moments, now almost everything is new. New pets, colours, customisation...

I WANT OLD NEOPETS!! :crying:

What are your memories? I want know! ^_^

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Iceheart).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Neopets Debate' to 'Anything & Everything Neopets'.

I think there's a time when people need to accept the fact that Neo has changed and won't ever go back to what it was before. That time happened a long while ago.

I think my best memory was having food fights in one of my previous guilds. That was back before you had to accept each item given to you, so it was easy to bury people in tomatoes. :thumbsup:

*points to quote in Iceheart's siggy* (well said!)

Anyway, I fondly recall the food fight as well! I was dragged into one by accident and was wondering what on earth was going on. I managed to catch on soon enough and boy that was real fun!

Memories wise, I think I remember longlong ago I rushed to the computer lab every recess time with a couple of friends just to camp meerca chase for the magical meerca plushie when you hit a score of 900 or something. When I finally hit it, I was estatic! The entire computer lab was staring at me when I jumped from my chair and did a mini happy dance. ^^;;. I never managed to get the magical pteri plushie from pterattack but it was mighty fun! I was so sad when I realised they had converted it from magical to non-magical after they removed that prize incentive though.. T_T. Still, it was a lot of fun! :D

Man...I think my best memory from neopets was actually making my very first pet :3

I remember I loved looking through the species and only wanted the perfect one for me. After a while, my beautiful xweetok was chosen and picking a good name was fun itself to me xD *hugs Beauty*

Ummm....I also enjoyed my old guild whenever we just put song lyrics and we all tried to figure out what the songs were :) Mine were usually the hardest since I would put in some spanish, croatian, german, etc :headphone:

I miss the old toolbar in the market place. I started playing when it was all normal (in the good old days), and only came back a few months ago, so it feels really weird to me. Also, I keep noticing the neopets look slightly different. I prefered the old poogles and ixi's too... And, well, everything. I liked the way that if you weren't from America it didn't really matter, whereas now every other month theres something going on that only people from America can take part in - even stuff like the NC Mall is restricted...

Alas, how times change...

On a postive note, I do prefere the ease of the shops now (with quick stock) and the idea of galleries. It always used to bug me when people had something stupid like sand for 99,999np's just because they wanted to show it off. Also there's more games, which are cool, and more events (if not plots), which means you have a reason to keep playing - e.g. for next years aldtor cup, or daily dare!

At least we'll always have our memories and can go out on our proverbial lawns to shake our proverbial canes at the players who are newer to Neopets than we are and say 'KRELUDOR USED TO NEVER EXIST! BACK IN MY DAY MARAQUA WAS A LEGEND! ALTADOR WAS STILL HIDDEN!"

At least we'll always have our memories and can go out on our proverbial lawns to shake our proverbial canes at the players who are newer to Neopets than we are and say 'KRELUDOR USED TO NEVER EXIST! BACK IN MY DAY MARAQUA WAS A LEGEND! ALTADOR WAS STILL HIDDEN!"

There was no other side of Neopia!

There was no other side of Neopia!

One day last month I noticed there were arrows on the little compass thing and it MOVED THE WORLD. I was so astounded.. I was trying to figure out how to get to all these new worlds that were added and suddenly I realized where they were! XD (This is what happens when you take breaks of several years at a time haha.)

I remember the days before free food, when we had to buy high priced items to feed our pets. Many people quit back then because it was too much hassle for them. I also remember the old navigation and the old site layout. Much has changed, but I like it cause it keeps me busy :)

This has less to do with "old" neo, and just my own naiveness at the time... But I remember creating my first guild, and having no idea how to make it look good because I knew absolutely no html. Luckily that night I found someone who joined to co-run it with me, and she was amazing at graphics and coding and everything.

Then I'd spend forever advertising on the guild board, but this was before the threads would bump back to the top with each new post. So every 60 seconds (or whatever the limit was), I'd just create a new thread.

And on the topic of wars... I never participated, because I didn't do anything with the battledome. But in the Meridell vs Darigan war, I sided with Darigan, just because I got the cool shield on my lookup. But when the war ended, and I hadn't done anything else, they took away the shield. :(

I always enjoy reminiscing about old time neopets...

But the new neopets has so much to offer. New worlds, new games.... fewer site maintenances...

Yeah, or like how easy it is now to earn neopoints. In the old times if you had 1mil neopoints it was like "woah! You've either been on since it started or spend every hour of every day on here!"... Now its like I've been on here 5 months, not seriously, and have already earnt 1 mil just from playing kass basher, fashion fever, attack of the marble men and my dailies lol (in pursute of the stocks avatar...).

But I do miss poogle solitere, that was my favourite game. And I used to get alll my gaming tips from PPT (pink poogle toy)... I don't even know if it still exists....