How Shall I Lose My Weight Quickest

Evebriete

This might not be the most suitable forum for this matter, but since dieting is a national pandemic, I was sure that there is going to possibly be some men or women here, who have been through any diets at all. In case you have some familiarity whatsoever kindly share.

I am in particular undecided on what weight loss item to prefer, as there are so a number of options out there. The latest hypes on Oprah like hoodia gordonii or garcinia cambogia do not make this issue any easier. I really don't know where to commence, should I get an exact diet plan, schedule of workouts...All I have come to realize is that a change is needed. And this change must happen now. icon_smile.gif

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Iceheart).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Groups & Clubs' to 'Random Chit Chat'.

You don't want to lose weight quickly because that is dangerous, the same goes for diet pills on the internet as you never know quite what's in them and they can cause some nasty side effects. If you're truly interested in weight then ask your doctor about a healthy and good diet plan, along with an exercise regime.

I have recently decided that i need to loose some weight too. :S I used to compete in jump rope (yes you read it right jump rope) so whenever i need to lose some weight i just jump rope in my room. I normally jump on and off for 3 songs using one song inbetween to catch my breath and i lose the weight relativly fast but its not unhealthy. Plus i dont overly see it as working out because i used to do it for about 5 days a week for about 4 hours a day.

That being said i would say to go do what you want to do just be active. Go for walks with someone to catch up or ride a bike anything to get moving. If you are active then the dieting isn't nearly as crutial because it will change because you feel a difference after eating certain foods (normally with me i dont feel as good after eating junk foods).

Oh and another thing. If you have problems with over eating (I know i do) whenever you feel like you need to snack on something try drinking a glass of water. Most of the time you are just thirsty. However if after waiting maybe 15 minutes you are still hungry go ahead and eat something.

Another dieting thing that i have discovered if you are craving something like chocolate don't deprive yourself of eating it. If you do you will eat lots of other things and never feel satisfied. Just know that you need to get out and do a little longer walk or something after that. Good luck with your quest to lose weight though.

Well whatever you decide to do, remember not to try the celery negative calories diet. Eating celery the whole day results in about -12 calories a day, and when it takes 3,500 calories to burn off one pound of fat, well, you've got a long way ahead of you.

Exercise regularly and don't over eat. So long as you do that I don't think you really need a diet.

I'm just wondering, why do you want to go on a diet? Is it because you think it'll make you more physically appealing or because of health concerns?

Exercising and not over eating are good things to do but not all you can do. Eat intelligently. I mean, if you drink pop regularly, try cutting it out slowly (trust me this works because my brother cut it out and his stomach has shrunk). It seriously makes a difference as well as cutting out eating out like fast foods since there are a lot of calories in their meals, like basically how much one should intake in a day or more in a single meal. Instead of going out regularly, make your own meals because then, you have the power in controlling what you put in (cooking with olive oil is good instead of using butter and even corn oil; eating more vegetables). I lost like probably over 50 pounds in a semester and I stopped eating out, don't drink pop or anything else other than water and natural juices, did pilates once a week, and did weightlifting twice a week. Good luck.

My best and probably most healthy opinion on this is to join a gym and get a trainer. If your still in school then your gym teacher should be able to help you devise a plan for healthy weight loss.

Remember that when you exercise you should eat 1.5 times the calories you burn. And you should burn at leat 5400 calories a week to lose 2 lbs a week. More than 2lbs a week in weight loss is very unhealthy and can lead to health issues, so be careful not to lose it too fast.

Also change up your diet, remove all processed foods. Eat less starchy and salty foods. Have chicken or turkey instead of any red or pink meat. (no pork, no beef) Eat a handfull of walnuts or similar type of nut each day in place of a snack. Morning snack should be about 80mL of yogurt (1/3 cup) and 1/2 an apple or full pear (or an equal amount of other kind of fruit, dark purple or leafy green are the best) Instead of a calorie heavy side to your lunch and dinner, have a salad with lots of vegetables and for breakfast you should eat a grain. 1 cup steel cut rolled oats with two pinches of brown sugar (NOT WHITE SUGAR) and a handful of grapes is the best breakfast you could eat. If at the end of the day you still feel a little hungry then eat a third snack (NO DESSERT unless it is all fruit). The amount of meat you eat at each meal should be about a full cupped handful, no more.

Now make sure that you also are eating NO condiments, except with your salad. 1.5 tbsp of salad dressing that is low fat is acceptable with salads.

This diet for most people looking to lose weight is perfect to compliment any exercising you do. I know from experience, I have lost about 61 lbs so far and it has just been a year :)

I'm sure the above posters have given you a ton of wonderful advice already but I'm probably going to end up reiterating half of them again :P

I've been trying to lose a few extra pounds in ages and I realised that overeating is probably the main reason as to why most can't seem to shed the extra weight. Try snacking on fruits or salads instead of chomping down on a bag of chips if you have a sudden craving. Try not to eat out too much as the food outside is usually oily and not as healthy as homecooked food. Cut down on instant meals such as cup noodles if you are usually in a rush; grab a sandwich instead, with greens of course :D. A yoghurt drink can help too, but it's best not to take it daily.

Of course, you need to exercise! Even with a healthy diet, it's hard to lose weight without actually getting up and moving about! If you are an avid gamer like me, try Wii fit ^^;;. It's fun to smash imaginary tennis balls with your friends without being out in the sweltering heat! Or you can head down to the arcade and play a couple of rounds of DDR and go shopping with your friends after. Carrying shopping bags and walking for hours actually burns a lot of calories! You can always hit the gym otherwise, but I'd rather play sports with my friends (such as swimming, cycling, badminton etc; makes it seem less intimidating XD). If you are plagued with weak health like myself, get your coach/gym teacher/personal trainer to set up an exercise routine for you so that you do not overexert yourself while keeping fit.

Good luck! :D

Exercise, and cut back on the junk food.

I suggest making a work-out schedule for yourself. Include lots or cardio, like jogging, skipping, etc.

Drink lots of water, and take breaks if you're getting tired.

Try to eat more veggies and fruits, and less chips and burgers.

However, never starve yourself!

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Of course, you need to exercise! Even with a healthy diet, it's hard to lose weight without actually getting up and moving about! If you are an avid gamer like me, try Wii fit ^^;;. It's fun to smash imaginary tennis balls with your friends without being out in the sweltering heat! Or you can head down to the arcade and play a couple of rounds of DDR and go shopping with your friends after. Carrying shopping bags and walking for hours actually burns a lot of calories! You can always hit the gym otherwise, but I'd rather play sports with my friends (such as swimming, cycling, badminton etc; makes it seem less intimidating XD). If you are plagued with weak health like myself, get your coach/gym teacher/personal trainer to set up an exercise routine for you so that you do not overexert yourself while keeping fit.

Good luck! :D

Wii Fit is a good way to exersise. It also focuses on all parts of the body and all aspects to help you lose weight and improve posture. I know because I have Wii Fit and I'm trying to lose weight myself. Another alternative is Wii Sports. Wii Boxing is the best of the 5 games because it requires more movement than the others. Wii Sports Resort can be helpful, but only in Swordsplay.

Also if you go to school and have a gym class, talk to your teacher for special activities. I currently play in 3 on 3 basketball games. Find what works for you.

This isn't a diet persay but my mom decided to lose weight a while back and what worked for her was eating 5 or 6 small meals a day instead of large big meals. And if she needed to snack at all she would try to limit herself to vegetables and fresh fruit the majority of the time. She also worked out for a half hour each day. All her workout consisted of was walking around a track. It worked really well for her and she's managed to keep it off. Whatever method you choose, I hope it works out for you! Good luck!

• 6 months later...

A great diet myself and my mom are on is called a cardiac diet. Doctor's use it on patients who need to lose weight fast for surgery. I 9 weeks she has lost almost 40 lbs. I am only on my second week and don't follow it as rigorously as her but I have lost about 10 pounds.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Noog) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't bump a topic that is over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Noog if you have any questions regarding this action.