Do you quit while playing Keyquest?

Jenny ^_^

Key Quest is super slow on my computer, so I don't play it much. I played once and my computer literally froze for 5 minutes and then turned off. Really, they freeze people with slow connections? Like, could they have frozen me that time? That sounds rather absurd...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't quit on KQ until nearly everyone else has quit (when you start off with 4 players etc and end up with 2 because others aren't winning). It annoyed the jeepers out of me that people kept quitting because it was unfair on me and any others playing so I just don't play anymore. It's too annoying to be so close to winning or second palce and suddenly the others disappear so you get nothing at all. It doesn't help that most of my neofriends don't play anymore so I have to play with randomers.

I quit yesterday around 11pm (my time zone) because I was tired and wanted to go to sleep, and immediately afterwards I got 4 lines of unintelligent run-on sentence about how i'm a bad person. She decided that by the second round of dice rolling, she had been winning, which gave her justification (in her mind) to call me a sore loser.

• 4 weeks later...

hehe i always quit because people play nasty to me! it happens all the time to me! lol, i thought i was the only one that did that but i guess not!

and sometimes i quit because they really really annoy me win i'm right at the door to open it, and then, bam! they get the key and head tworad the door and then BAM i quit and they get nothing.

hehe i always quit because people play nasty to me! it happens all the time to me! lol, i thought i was the only one that did that but i guess not!

and sometimes i quit because they really really annoy me win i'm right at the door to open it, and then, bam! they get the key and head tworad the door and then BAM i quit and they get nothing.

And that's exactly the kind of player I hate. If someone pulls ahead of you, you have no right to just quit on them and waste their time. At least lose with dignity, Rohan.

Yeah the game has been quite laggy for me and my brand spanking new gaming computer... obviously a neo-server problem as it is not my computer. I also have gotten very upset about people just quitting, not even trying anymore.... they just quit when your winning or are about to win. I don't mind any key, I only use gold. And when I can't have time to play the stock piled keys are wonderful to use.

I only quit if I have to go do something away from the computer immediately for more than a few minutes or if the game freezes completely. But that's pretty rare, so I'll usually won't be the person quiting.

Whoa, dude not cool. At least if you continue playing you'll get something out of it. ;\

I'll use any power-up I got to get myself in the lead because it's a game and I don't expect anything less from my opponents. Sure, if I was playing against a friend I'd relax a little, but using a few power-ups against someone isn't exactly playing nasty.

But using a bunch of power-ups against someone while they're already losing is a little much though. Quitting is still lame.

silver keys are ok too when you think about it.. i mean you can still get codestones which is the most you can wish for with the gold anyways..

and what do you mean "nasty"?? just because someone is winning and wants to stay in the lead is not "nasty". thats just the way the game is. hate quitters as much as i do however, i never report them. sometimes i send them an annoyed neomail but i stopped doing that too since last time this quitter threatened to report me for harassment - all i did was tell her that quitting is NOT cool :/

I just kind of assumed playing nasty is using negative power-ups against someone even when they're keys behind and not even close to winning. If someone is a key (note the singular) behind and is fully able to steal the lead from you, then doing whatever is necessary to survive is perfectly fine.

Why do you guys define playing nasty as?

I don't believe that "playing nasty" exists in KQ. If you're ahead, you need to make sure you stay ahead, because your opponent can suddenly gain a lucky powerup to gain an advantage over you and pull ahead. Not taking chances is not called playing nasty. If you're losing and you don't like having powerups played on you, perhaps you shouldn't be playing at all.

Even if you don't like the way your opponent is playing, you still have no right to quit on them. By doing that, you've wasted their time and yours, and you got nothing in the end. At least if you lose, you still get a silver key and some neopoints. Quitting only gets you an angry neomail, and it is NOT justified just because you feel you can't pull ahead.

I don't believe that "playing nasty" exists in KQ. If you're ahead, you need to make sure you stay ahead, because your opponent can suddenly gain a lucky powerup to gain an advantage over you and pull ahead. Not taking chances is not called playing nasty. If you're losing and you don't like having powerups played on you, perhaps you shouldn't be playing at all.

*shrug* I relax when I hit good lead. Usually, you can tell what power-up your opponent has right before your turn, giving you plenty of time to act. Plus, you conserve power-ups that way. Who knows the next time you'll get another lucky power-up, eh?

Just because I disagree with that kind of strategy doesn't mean I don't enjoy the use of power-ups in general (against me or otherwise). Maybe I'm just odd. :P

Even if you don't like the way your opponent is playing, you still have no right to quit on them. By doing that, you've wasted their time and yours, and you got nothing in the end. At least if you lose, you still get a silver key and some neopoints. Quitting only gets you an angry neomail, and it is NOT justified just because you feel you can't pull ahead.

Yeah, I agree. Silver keys are cool, quitting is just lame. Though sending angry neomail is a bit much. Quitters are huge time wasters and wasting time is frustrating, but couldn't you just move on? I dunno, Keyquest is going to take a little bit of extra time, that's just something every player needs to accept and deal with.

I don't usually play Keyquest because I have a slow computer and end up losing all the minigames I play...

But when I'm on a winning streak, like three spaces away from the door, people have a tendency to quit...

Maybe that's why I don't play KQ a whole lot D=

@ Moontje: if you were winning would you have quit the game? if not, then its quitting plain and simple.

One thing I do to try and stop the other person from quitting is to say 'don't give up' at the beginning of every game. Works majority of the time.

i tend to do this too sometimes. however, some people find it very rude. look what one particular user has written on their lookup:

"I hate it when people say "Don't give up!" at the start of a game. It assumes you've already won. If you say this, and I'm in anything but a good mood, it'll most likely turn me against you, or at least really tick me off :/ "

I had quit KQ before I even started. No seriously, I hate KeyQuest. There is some serious lag, it takes forever to finnish, and it's just boring. Why bother playing a game you don't want to play.

I've quit a few times actually, but only because I've HAD to.

I mean, my computer seriously hates me and refuses to play KQ sometimes. Plus, my connection isn't always that perfect T___T

But, if the game is actually working fine, then I never quit in-game. I hate it when other people do >.<

For that reason, I've resorted to only playing against neofriends. That way, there will be no unnecessary quitters.