Spinacles in the New Game Challenge!

Ali Cat

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say, whoever Neopets hired to write music for their games is amazing. I love the music for Dice of Destiny, for the Pinball game, and for this one as well! This one sounds so beautiful and slightly eerie :) I love how as your combos-in-a-row increases, the pitch of the "aah" sound goes higher and higher.. and unlike the totally messed up Pinball game, this game's balls go exactly where you want them to, and the whole board spins exactly how you would expect it to.

I love this game! It's very similar to Faerie Bubbles but less frustrating. So far I've only scared 2500ish...it's going to take some work to beat AAA :P They better release an avatar for this game!

If you look at the balls with the + on them they flash a color, when you launch them and they hit the balls on the board they become the color they were flashing.

Also, another tip. If there is a ball you don't want, aim directly horizontal. The ball will bounce back and forth a few times and then disappear. This works well for bombs and the perimeter clearing ball. It makes it much easier to rack up the points on the lower levels.

Arg! I beat AAA today, but my score didn't send. I'm too tired to try again. Maybe I'll get it tomorrow.

woo hoo I finally beat AA's score. It really takes a lot of time and concentration to do so...

I've gotten very close to beating him, but I haven't yet. :( I'll probably have to sit down and really work on it tonight.

Good question... I'd like to know what they do as well. I haven't noticed them raising the score I get for clearing the bubbles, which is what I assume they would do since they have a +.

Contrary to what everyone else is saying, the + balls increase your combo, if you successfully attach it to 2 or more balls of the same color. Let's say your combination score at the moment is +2, if you use the + ball to increase the combo, you'll be at +4.

what does the background look like? i'd like to know to find out if it's really worth trying for! ^_^

Background.jpg

It's called Starry Night in Neopia. If you don't receive it via the game, you'll have to spend about 25,000+ NP to get it.

Unfortunatley Kurt you have fallen into a grey area.

The newest NGC won't really start up until tommorow,

but the old NGC, Spinacles, has already been shut down.

I feel your pain. I too missed out on getting the AAA prize.

p.s. If you like hoarding special items until they are valuable...now would be the time to buy up the Spinacles prizes.