TDN Members - Let's rate each other's pets!

I'm not very good at rating other peoples pets, so sorry if some things I say aren't very clear or don't make any sense!

C.A.V.- I think when you customize a pet you should create some sort of theme with what they wear. The clothing should flow together nicely to make a completed looking outfit. Your Hissi looks crowded in some areas and completely empty in others. To be honest it looks like you just put on some random items you got/found. Hissis have quite a few nice looking clothes that you can get from paintbrushes or are specific for them. (I think) They look great in a lot of regular, cheaper clothes too.

First of all you should get rid of the random items. Then get him a background to rid of most of the emptyness. After that you could paint him some different colors. Preferably some with clothing items and then whichever color you want as a base (Only if you want to, of course). The color of your pet shouldn't clash too much with the color of the clothing he's wearing. Or it might look awkward (Maybe. Usually??).

I would go into more detail with suggestions of what he can wear, but right now it looks like you aren't really going for anything.

No I'm not going for a certain theme when I customize my pets. I try to be unique. As for color, I'm saving for a darigan or halloween paintbrush but I got a LONG way to go.

Also I dont have another background. I dont get a lot of NC. Most of the stuff I have is fom the new game challenge. The NC mall is exspensive, and I can't get a cash card.

You don't need to buy from the NC Mall. There are a lot of good looking backgrounds that cost neopoints or are even free. Here's a list of them.

Your pet can still look unique while having a theme. Maybe theme wasn't the right word to use... Maybe outfit instead?

His outfit looks incomplete. Like you said, you just put on items you got from the new games challenge.

And not actually putting too much effort or imagination to it.

Well this looks like fun, here's my pet Chrysanthemum318, what do you guys think?

4.png

You don't need to buy from the NC Mall. There are a lot of good looking backgrounds that cost neopoints or are even free. Here's a list of them.

Your pet can still look unique while having a theme. Maybe theme wasn't the right word to use... Maybe outfit instead?

His outfit looks incomplete. Like you said, you just put on items you got from the new games challenge.

And not actually putting too much effort or imagination to it.

That link is really helpful, thank you for it. *goes background hunting*

Really quick, is there anything like that for clothing and accesaries?

• 5 weeks later...

I like the theme, the only thing that bugs me is the color of the skirt, its got the bright tones when the rest don't. I don't know if there's an alternative though, might just be better without. (those colors drive me crazy with mine, I have that set for my lutari)

So here are my lovelies, my pride and joy. I'm having trouble getting the right balance for Velarse, the lenny though.

fardreamerpets.jpg

ooohh fardreamer what lovely pets you have! i love the kougra! she looks so regal - an air of elegant mystique :) i love the lupe and peophin as well of course ;)

mm.. i think id remove the wand thingy from the lenny - it looks somewhat pointless :S

Shiebha

Originality 8/10

Scenery 7/10

Theme Flow 7/10 - I like the theme you are trying to pull off, something seems to be out of place, though. I think you could remove the desert fan staff.

Overall 7/10 - Very good.

Isoldar

Originality 8/10

Scenery 9/10

Theme Flow 10/10 - It is absolutely perfect, I wouldn't change the customization at all.

Overall 9.5/10 - Love it!

Himekoh

Originality 9/10

Scenery 9/10

Theme Flow 10/10 - Again, absolutely perfect, I wouldn't change a thing.

Overall 9.5/10 - Another great pet!

Velarse

Originality 7/10

Scenery 8/10

Theme Flow 6.5/10 - I would also remove the wand from the lenny, otherwise everything fits.

Overall 7/10 - Good job. :)

I'm fairly new at this whole customizing thing, so I was hoping you guys could help me. ^^;

Jezuri's setup seems to be missing something. I'm going for a sort of "mad scientist" feel, and I think I captured it well enough, but I feel like she needs another accessory or something. I also can't decide which space suit for her to wear; her default is white, which goes with the 'scientist' look, but it feels a little bit like a copout. XD I do like the Aisha Space Suit that I bought, even if I did blow pretty much my entire savings on it(yes, my savings was 120k; I'm bad at saving).

BUT. PICTURES.

2rm7eb6.png24pcspc.png

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my bunch of cuties, hope you like them, I'm keeping them plain and simple. Kitthie's (the cure Wocky) theme though is the Air Faerie, the Faerie, she wants to be  Faerie Pet one day :)

2.png2.png2.png

PS, I know the Wocky Puppet is kindda cheesy :P

BTW, Lovely Xweetok Jasmine 8/10. Fardreamer, all your pets, except the Lenny, are 10/10 great job. I'll give the Lenny a 7/10? :D

this is my uber pwnsome bori. roxo235

2.png

he is dressed as a martial arts pupil being put through tests. The skull bubble is supposed to be the one training him

Almarka

Originality 7/10 been used a bit too much

Scenery 10/10 SPOOKY!

Theme Flow 8/10 remove the plant

Overall 8.5/10 great :D

• 2 weeks later...

Since I have no clue how to post a picture of him, here's a link instead: http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Pansorneo my first pet on this name.

polyest is probably the most extravagant of my pets.

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=polyest

wow. there's a hell of a lot of things going on there arent there? so i dont generally like skeiths except the plushie ones and you've done an excellent job on adding the cute tru the bow and the plushie in her hand. however i think that background is a bit too cluttered and its stealing the attention away from the pet. i would remove the balloon and the wings otherwise..

all in all.. a good 7/10 :)

margrace is my favorite. It sucks that you can't dress up baby pets!

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=margrace

again, too cluttered. maybe a softer background? also, you could have a plushie petpet to amke up for lack of wearables..

i'll give him a 5/10..