when will altador plot stop

kurt___

Hw many days,eek.mnth will the altador plot be active! some people who have completed the plot are sick of it :sick01: :sick01: :sick01: :sick01: :sick01:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Native) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not post an excess of 5 smilies.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Yeah, there probably will be new plots released. I hope it closes down soon, I think it's just taking up valuable space of the site.

Why would someone want to close the plot down..it doesn't affect you if you already finished it and it give the newer players a chance to work for a trophy..

To be honest, i think it rather selfish to want the plot to finish..i mean..TNT had other plots since the altador one so it doesn't interfere.

I finished the plot when it was first released,i finished it again on my sis' computer too so it's not that hard and give you the chance to visit a free daily.

geez people..

It's effecting new plots because maintaining the old pages, and the old story line, and checking for cheaters is all taking up time and space on the site. Not to mention that the prizes we got for the plot are so incredibly deflated that they don't do us or the "new" users any good anyway. We've had new plots yes, but not any really good plots, mostly mini-plots or sub plots that ended up no going much of anywhere. Like the petpet park plot.

As for the trophy I guess it's neat for newbs to get an easy trophy, but the other plot trophy's actually meant something. They actually meant that you participated in a plot that was worth a darn and that you had a site event trophy that was unique/special. This Altador plot has being going on for so long you would literally have to have your head under a rock not to have gotten the trophy. It's basically at this point about the most worthless trophy one can have, short of possibly the "punching bag bob" trophy.

I don't mean to be ungenerous with newbs, but one trophy doesn't make that much difference really, and we can all acknowledge that unless you are trying for the SDB Packrat avatar the gifts are pretty worthless too. I think there are more helpful ways to get freebies to the new people than a never ending plot of hard work and prizes that are deflated of any value. It bothers me to have put in a good amount of work into a plot that ended up being completely and totally useless. All the older users have found memories of past plots, but this Altador thing has just become a big disappointing drag.

Well..i still think the occasional np like 500 or more a day or a altachuck is something far more valuable than all the other dailies combined...if neopets has a single person that looks up the articles submitted for the paper,than rest assured than they don't bother as much with the this plot.

And the whole big plot (that i missed )with Return of Dr. Sloth that happened after the altador one...it gave very nice prizes like the blaster.

And for the trophy ,well i just got lent a BGC because of that trophy,i could say,..because it showed that i dedicated a lot of my time to finish it.It's more time consuming than punchbag..you can't possibly compare the two.So in my oppinion,or anyone else that wants to get lent from the same person, it's nothing close to being useless.

Am I in the minority that actually liked the Altador Plot? *crickets* ... I guess I am. :laughingsmiley: But ah well.

Perhaps they'll take it down when the people who are currenly doing it finally finish? Then again, if someone else comes in and attempts it... The cycle might restart. -_-

@Tivsy: The only problem with that is, the fact of the inactive users who haven't logged on in a while who started the plot would never finish o:

But when they get deleted ANOTHER user might start and then get inactive...

You get the rest.

The plot has been running for a few years, my guess is they'll take it down in 2010 or 2011 due to old age of the plot.

The altador plot was the first plot I have ever done in my life... Why?

Because plots didn't actually catch my interest until I joined up with TDN. I'm kind of sad now that I missed all the avatars from previous plots, but I'm happy I could still get this one. I don't think they should shut it down because of newer members, or older members like me, who still would like to try it.

I'd love to try one of the older plots out, honestly...

I think it should stay for newer members :) It's not bugging me in any way either.

• 2 weeks later...

i think that the plot should be kept open.. just because I've (and other players) have completed it doesnt mean everyone has. and its cool to have an ongoing one as a filler.

nonetheless, it is high time for another plot, one that will give us some excitement again. theres a really good thread on the everything abt neopets board about this

Dude...its still going??? How do I get it? Yikes I sound like a noob