Don't click the PM from Iceox

hrtbrk

It looks like it takes you to the snowager, BUT IT DOESN'T!

No mods are here at the moment to remove him/the messages, so this is a public warning.

BLOCK him from messaging you!!!!!!

It's a cookie grabber!!!

ETA: This has been happening quite often on the board today. Denisa also experienced this this morning: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?showtop...st&p=258517

Guessing we'll see another attack around 10pm PST when snowwy's awake again...

I just got a PM from this icebox person. Hopefully they'll be stopped soon. Thanks for the heads up. ;)

ive already sent the link to lan as i saw he was on, i did forget to inform him of the name of the account though ^^''' i figured he could get in touch with the other mods via msn or something where as i cant. i knew from the second someone said "i got a pm from a guy takeing me to the snow wagger" that it was a trap that and he's monitoring whats going on as he actually replied back when i messaged the account, ice box i mean.

The username is iceox, not icebox. I blocked him, and i also recommend not making any views to his profile

I blocked this message as soon as I got it. I wish that there was a Report button for PMs, but I couldn't find it.

Well there's no report button for Personal Messages because they're meant to be just that: personal. If you encounter a malicious PM, please forward it to a moderator for them to take care of. :yes:

And of course, make sure to check the destination of any links you're given before you actually follow the link (mouse over it and look at your browser's status bar).

I read the PM, all I did was reply because unluckily for him/her, I already visited the snowager. I only replied with what I won earlier, so I have no need to worry. So I didn't check where the link led to, but I didn't click it either.

Thanks! Just after reading this I got an PM from 'hellooo' with thesame idea.

Me too. *headdesk* I wish these idiots would GO AWAY already. Can't they go bother the people on WoW or something? :grrr:

Mods, disable PMs for all new users. Make it so that you have to have 100 post to make a PM.

First of all, regular mods don't have the power to do that. That's something you have to take up with Ian.

Second, it's not fair to other users to impose a post requirement in order to send a PM. If you get a message from a new user, always be suspicious and don't take it at face value. Forward any suspicious PMs to a moderator and we'll take care of it.