Any Animal Crossing players out there?

Valundra

I have two questions.

Question One: I leave my game connected to the charger all the time, and I leave it running. Will events and such still happen, such as the stores restocking or do I have to save and quit and re-enter the game for it to update?

Question Two: Is there anybody that doesn't play anymore/has stuff to spare that feels like helping me out? I just restarted my town.

This is Wild World, btw.

I'm pretty sure time will stand still if you close your DS.

And I only rented my game. Sorry. D=

I love Animal Crossing. I don't have a DS though so I have the gamecube version and city folk on the wii. I know that on the versions I have, time keeps going. So if you don't play for a couple of months, you go back in and they'll all get really mad and wonder why you were hiding and not talking to them.

Waitwait...the time is the same as real life. Sorry. xD So yeah, the game will keep going if you leave your DS running.

I LOVE Animal Crossing. :D I played on my GameCube and haven't touched it in... Uh... Over two years? (Hey, I'm at college, okay? :laughingsmiley:) So yeah, they're going to be quite angry when I get back there... *cough*

I hate the weeds! I really wish they didn't have that in the game. The gamecube version is my favorite. I was extremely excited for city folk to come out but once I got it, I barely touched it. I think maybe I need to check out an online game guide or something because I was getting stuck on it. It didn't seem as easy to just go do tasks for different animals. :(

Not to mention you'll have a ton of weeds to clear up. :P

Nuuu! NOT THE WEEDS! >_< Those are teh tedious. -_-

Then all my friends have left town. D: Then I have to get it back into shape! Oh the horror...

I remember that my brother decided to fool around and set the DS's date ahead a few years. I turned on the game, and there were weeds everywhere, and all the people originally in my town had moved out.

And I worked so hard to earn their friendship...D=

I've only 1 weed in my town atm, and that's because I left for 2 months. All my animals were like, "Gorgeous! You're back!" (And for those wondering, no, my AC name is not Gorgeous. It's Lion. Gorgeous is a nickname.)

I don't Time Travel though. I just don't like what happens when you TT.

Haha, I probably have a... hmmm mountain of weeds? Lol, I haven't played it like, forever.

If there's something important that happened and I want to do it, then I will time travel, otherwise, I only TT a coouple of hours or something here or there.

So nobody currently plays Wild World? xD

Also, I wanted to know if it would update.. like, would weeds appear if I left my game ON like over the course of 2 months or so? Or would I have to turn the game off for that to happen? Seems like a question that not many people would be able to answer xD

Since I don't have a DS, I don't really have an answer to that but I would suggest checking out some online game guides, or maybe a DS/Animal Crossing Forum. I used to always use IGN for Animal Crossing help and here is a link to a guide for wild world:

http://guides.ign.com/guides/682878/

Hope it helps!

So nobody currently plays Wild World? xD

Also, I wanted to know if it would update.. like, would weeds appear if I left my game ON like over the course of 2 months or so? Or would I have to turn the game off for that to happen? Seems like a question that not many people would be able to answer xD

I still play WW, I was playing it a few seconds ago. xD

As for your question... well, it would waste a lot of power leaving it on the charger for that long, as you couldn't have it off the charger. :P But I have no idea... so..

You can leave your DS on and time will still go. The changing things, like getting more weeds, trees going, and stores changing stock all happen at 6 in the morning, all you have to do is go inside a building and come back out again. So yeah, you can leave it on all the time, but the electric bill would be frightning. :O

I did a test on that and left my DS closed for about a minute and time was still moving.

My house's electric bill is already high enough, though. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa... people who like Animal Crossing. That's a fun game, but I think I lost it somewhere a while ago.. D: My cousins borrowed it and gave me the game back without the case... and those games are tiny. Sad, since it was probably one of my favorite DS games.

• 1 month later...
I love Animal Crossing. I don't have a DS though so I have the gamecube version and city folk on the wii. I know that on the versions I have, time keeps going. So if you don't play for a couple of months, you go back in and they'll all get really mad and wonder why you were hiding and not talking to them.

'Oh no really! I havent played in more that a year (my gc version) ... they must HATE me! lol!! ... I really loved not saving and turning it off and having the mole guy yell at you! :P hehe

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephanie*) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Stephanie* if you have any questions regarding this action.