What do YOU do when you are lonely?

Captain Awesome Pants

And I like that title very much ^_^

But as for your question: When I'm lonely, I read, get on TDN, look up random stuff on YouTube, write, stare at a computer screen TRYING to write, cry, sing, or lock myself in the bathroom with my laptop and play music so loud I can't hear beyond the bathroom and dance in total darkness until I'm so tired I collapse. The last one works wonders for not thinking about them. Primarily because it renders you semi-unconscious. :yes:

And no! *uses medical powahs to heal Laura's self-slap* Feelings happen. Slapping yourself won't help.

Psh, would you rather me leave a temporary red mark on my face or a permanent scar on my wrist?

Your choice. XD

Haha, I'm kidding.

It's my choice anyway.

But thanks guys for all the suggestions.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lonely usualy means 2 things for me: computer(but then i go chat so it's not so lonley) or i go on a massive shopping spree...wierdly i found out that i find a lot more cute stuff when i'm alone than with a friend because i don't goof off.

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on my mood.

But i like to read,listen to music,talk in the telefone and go on the internet.(Different sites,but mostly Neopets)

Yeah and turn on the tv,if i know something intresting is on..Which is not often.. :hmmph02:

I normally turn on the tv or music and am playing neopets at the same time. It is sort of my fall back game when im bored. When school is out though i bet i will play those video games i have been neglecting though. I'm excited for summer.

• 1 month later...

Ah, being lonely isn't that bad sometimes! :laughingsmiley:

I for one treasure alone time, even if it's unplanned haha. I find such time a solace as I can immerse myself in my thoughts for once and sometimes after the few days, I tend to see the world in a bigger picture or from a different perspective.

I am not the most social person on the planet *smirk*, and I tend to keep my distance from others. (silly invisible barrier!) So when I do have my random spouts of feeling left out or lonely, I write/draw. It's a great way to destress and it helps improve my non-existant writing and drawing skill! If it's REAL bad, I game. A lot. WoWing for 15 hours is not rare for me at times.

You can always call another friend or chat with online ones if you really need someone else to talk to. Or your relatives. Perhaps a delayed visit to your grandparents or aunt, or go shopping with your cousin. =D

There are many ways to get out you best friend's absence from your mind, so just try to push it to the back of your head and immerse yourself in stuff you like, or stuff you've never tried, or get to know someone better. =D Hope you feel better after trying some of my tips ^^

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Native) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Sometimes if I'm lonely, I probably eat snacks while reading and writing fanfiction or something. I know, lazy.

At other times, I do chores around the house and listen to music.

Basically guys...to paved myself away from loneliness and let's just say

boredom.. I get to occupy myself with music on my head..that would make

me sing and forget about anything sad...

I guess, it's just a matter of self-supporting..

When I'm lonely?

I go find a dark room away from everyone & cry a lot. Like right now actually :crying:

You just try to hope that someday something better will happen.

It's what I've been praying since it all started. D:

When I'm lonely my computer is usually my source of entertainment. xD I try to find friends to chat with on different sites, go on meebo, read fanfiction, write fanfiction, check out fan art, read web comics or catch up on them, go on Neopets, email, and homework if I'm really desperate (and I mean REALLY because I procrastinate waaaay too much...I have 5 personal projects on hold for over 5 months o_O). And if I'm really feeling lonely I go out and take a stroll or go shopping. :] It's just a matter of keeping myself occupied.

I get lonely when it's night time and my internet broke (which it does a lot). At that point I just start writing random stories about characters that I come up with.

I also play on an awesome wolfenstein enemy territorry server a lot.

listen to this, your eyes see at about 24fps (fps = frames per second)

My computer runs the game from 4-18fps with the lowest settings.

This game is at least 7 years old.

That's how bad my laptop is.

xD

• 2 weeks later...

DUDE I remember that game!! hahaha!! and I'm thrown back into my child hood! :P hehe..

I totally text my friends, or call them, or email them, or if its like 4am in the morning I go on neo/TDN and talk to ppl here! :) no need to be lonely in this day and age..

--My life is average site is a rip off of FML ... (had to throw that in there, my friend is very very anti MLIA)

• 2 weeks later...