What do YOU do when you are lonely?

Captain Awesome Pants

So, I am without best friend at the moment.

She's in Ireland for two weeks and I'm like.... lost. Everyhting reminds me of her, and it makes me cry. I really miss her.

So I need something to occupy myself (besides stuffing my face with ramen). What do you do when you have no one to be with?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I'm just as good. (like this holiday, stuck at home)

Personally I take walks (with my mum =_=), and swimming at the local pool. Sports are also pretty good to put your mind off things.

But mostly I go on TDNF and msn, NOT very healthy.

I'm so sorry that you feel that way. 2 weeks does seem like a long time. :(

I don't really have friends.. I have tons of online friends but in real life I have about zero. It's sad!

When I'm away from my fiance I will go to my Grandma's house and hang out with her. :P

Just keep yourself busy. It is what i do with my boyfriend since he lives across the country from me. Grab a good book, do all your homework when your supposed to, go for walks or play sports, just keep active. If you sit at home and do nothing all the time then you will always be thinking of them.

Internet, read, play music realllllllly loud and dance on my bed/around my bedroom LOL

I don't really get lonely though. I'd rather be by myself or with one other person than be with a group of people.

People are so annoying. lol

If only my mom didn't seem to hate the internet and scold me if I'm on for "too long." <_<

Oh, I agree heartbr3ak. People annoy me to.

It's just that, my best friend is my other half (in real life; livvy owns that title here) and if I can't even contact her, then I'm like.... not myself anymore. I'm not even a whole person.

Plus.... I have feelings for her (bad Laura! *slaps self*).

Well you could always sit in front of your TV and wait for your brain to slowly turn into mush.

Or ponder these questions:

What causes gravity?

Why do we die when we do?

Could the universe possibly be made of information?

How does human language evolve?

Why do hot dogs come in packs of 10 while buns come in packs of 8 or 12?

How does the brain produce consciousness?

What happened to the Neanderthals?

Why do we sleep?

What is the universe made of? (Dark matter and dark energy?)

What is the purpose of noncoding DNA?

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

The world may never know...

That should keep you busy for a very long time :P

I felt really bad when I moved from my home to college. Only two hours away, but after living under my family's thumb for so long, it was a sudden transition. I found that diving into my schoolwork helped ease things. It may not be all that fun, but at least it's something productive, right?

i dont get to go out much so im stuck inside. well, anyway.. when i feel lonely, i'd stuff myself with food. lol i can never seem to be full. kinda wierd. i also just go on the computer or watch a movie. or learn a new song :)

I tend to stuff myself when I'm lonely too... usually stuffing in front of a television screen ;)

Horrible habit. ): But hey, everyone needs their lonely times !

Sometimes I zone out and just think about stuff to myself.. so it's not always that bad to be alone.

And I like that title very much ^_^

But as for your question: When I'm lonely, I read, get on TDN, look up random stuff on YouTube, write, stare at a computer screen TRYING to write, cry, sing, or lock myself in the bathroom with my laptop and play music so loud I can't hear beyond the bathroom and dance in total darkness until I'm so tired I collapse. The last one works wonders for not thinking about them. Primarily because it renders you semi-unconscious. :yes:

And no! *uses medical powahs to heal Laura's self-slap* Feelings happen. Slapping yourself won't help.

Hm. I know how that feels. My boyfriend is 250 miles away from me, most of my family is on the other side of the country. I basically have no real friends to actually hang out with (I'm such a loser). So when I'm alone, I usually watch some movies: Disney, classics, action. Sometimes romance when I want to clear my tear ducts.

Definitely reading a book is always nice, plus all the necessary homework that needs to be done.

Or a bath! I heart baths.

I can usually be found in front of my laptop, burning off a creative high that comes with being alone by writing or something. When I'm too lazy to write, I just go online and muck about reading fanfic, commenting on my friends' sites and all that. XD