A Key Quest and an item rant!

hrtbrk

Aw I know the feeling!

After versing someone, I always check how many keys they have earned. I would have to say over 70% of the people had over 200 keys! This was when I had just started and I had about 10 keys tops. I'm also talking about 10 silver keys in a two player game :laughingsmiley:

I also don't like when people with faster computers take advantage of you.

Oh well, I do think TNT should let the 'newbies' section only to be used by newbies.

I don't normally mind playing with people who have faster computers than me, since I still get a silver key and all, but I do get frustrated when it comes to the mini-games. I have the same problems as DoeRan when I play people with faster computers. There's like, 20 darts flying at the target and I can get one to launch. Sometimes I still manage to win that one since the other player gets cocky and stops launching darts and then I hit a few bulls-eyes (happens almost never) and manage to win.

I took a break from Key Quest, that girl ruined it for me for a little bit. Probably just a day, but enough. I shouldn't let her get to me, but I can't help it :eh:

I took a break from Key Quest

Well, I took a break too and it will be a long long one. This game completely stinks, I'm so fed up. It all should work according to Neopets, I do have 2 gigs of RAM, my CPU is 1 GHz above the requirements and still I stand absolutely no chance at a minigame. The only one I'm able to win once in a while is the music sequence thing and even that one I have to do by hearing only, because the flashlights lag extremely.

Last time I played a minigame forever was with the flower growing thing, two player game. Well, I'm really gonna try now I thought, do my utter best, be as fast as possible. I hadn't even finished watering for the second time and the game was over. The other played had grown and cut four. :grrr: :grrr:

And it wouldn't be a problem if it was just a minigame once in a while, but the board is literally shattered with it. It's minigame after minigame after minigame. There's no way you're ever gonna win when the other player(s) get keys and powerups for free.

Most ridiculous game ever and I thought Dar-blat was bad.

For some unknown reason, I can't play Keyquest at all. My computer isn't completely slow or anything, but nothing ever loads for me. So I guess I can avoid all the drama you all seem to have experienced with the game, but I'm missing out on some super cool prizes and NP.... :crying:

So... in Fruit Picker... cutting down all of the fruit so no one can put any in their basket... good strategy or cheating?

I say cheating! :grrr:

This game gets worse and worse. I've got 7 accounts frozen for being on their side & playing Key Quest. I feel like I'm being too mean but COME ON!

The thing that annoys me most is quitters in 2P 5-key games. I'll stick around just for the silver key, even if I am losing. I'll have a good starting move, for example, getting a good powerup, landing on my alignment space, getting a super powerup, and having the fairie give me extra moves, so I get the next key in my path. The next thing I know, the person has quit and neomails me that they're reporting me for cheating. >.< Or if it looks like I'm about to win, they drop out.

It happens a lot. I know sometimes people have computer issues, but it's pretty suspicious when the timing is always when they're behind. I mean, I've had a couple of games where it just froze on me during rolling and the dice never stopped. But it's pretty obvious that there are people lacking good sportsmanship out there and that's not something you can really fix via rules or punishments.

I would be for a short lockout period for dropping out of a game. Problem is, that would affect even the people who drop out due to computer issues or bugged games. :(

I agree!! I recently played a similar keyquest game in the newbies section. The game was over in 5 minutes; I'm still not even sure how the player won it was over so fast. I took note of the username so I don't play with him/her again. Most of the time keyquest freezes on me so I don't even really bother palying anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

i like the idea of people only having access to certain rooms depending on how many keys they've got. I am fairly good now because I've been playing for a few months and have a reasonably decent connection, but when I was first trying to learn, it was almost embarassing the way I got schooled by the better players creeping around the newbie section. It would be kind of nice for players with over a certain number of keys to ONLY be allowed in the "# of keys" rooms or expert rooms. it would be a bit fairer to new players. I also didn't see anything in this thread (unless it's somewhere else on the site lol) about the game prizes driving down the prices of formerly good items. codestones that used to sell between 5-8K are lucky if they're even worth 3K now. The same with paintbrushes. I've gotten 4 or 5 paintbrushes from the game that used to sell for twice what they're worth now. It's kind of nice that these items are a little more attainable, but at the same time it can't be good for the market. :S

I'm not so goo in KQ because I've started like 3 or 4 days ago... but when people quit the game just because they're losing. I think they're so inmature, the still get keys for losing.... anyways if someone wants a fair game just PM me and I'll accept inmediately.

I think there should be restrictions in which room can you enter... If I have 12 gold keys and another player has 123 gold keys I think thats a disadvantage for me....

also what stream said, this game is affecting the market. I'm a stamp collector and when I saw some stams, they were ridiculous cheap. anyways lets see what happens.

there are never ANY games in the expert lobby. I've tried to start one on a number of occasions but no one will join them and there's only ever 2 or 3 other players in the room anyway. it's like everyone's afraid of actually playing someone with a similar skill level. Personally i like a challenge, and I really hate playing against new players because they're still learning and I feel bad :crying_blow: