A Key Quest and an item rant!

hrtbrk

These are random and I'm frustrated lol

First of all I'm still learning Key Quest (I started five days ago), so naturally I like to play against users with a similar skill level because it's even and fair although sometimes I like to play against more skilled players to watch for a strategy. It really ticks me off when experts come into the newbie section and pick on people still learning how to play. Tonight this person acted like they were a newb, even went as far as neomailing me asking how to play. So we start the game and they pretty much schooled me (the game was over in about 2-3 minutes). So I go look up her Key Quest stats... yeah... she has 500+ gold keys and 300+ silver keys.. :grrr:

So then I find out that people are totally abusing the Key Quest 'system'... they're making separate accounts to act like newbies but are really pros. (Also to get around the 10 keys per day rule). HOW. ANNOYING.

Now I'm fully advocating for the official release: Players over a certain amount of wins cannot go into the newbie section.

Next I played against this really really really really sweet woman who basically let me win (embarrassed to say). She should have won though. She was awesome and sweet, very polite. (I think I saw her posting here too so hi! lol)

Secondly, I don't know if this is going to happen or not but it also ticks me off that there isn't a little logo in the corner of the wearable icons. How the heck are you supposed to know otherwise? lol I mean, a tiny little shirt in the corner would suffice. It stinks when you're skimming the auctions because you cannot google fast enough to find out if the article is wearable or not HAHAHA ^_^ Why hasn't this been implemented? Or do they plan on making all clothes wearable? :eh:

/end rants.

Hmm... I was under the impression that wearable items were outlined in blue in shop displays and stuff? Or is that just my memory playing up again? :P

Key Quest is really a bit messy to play with people you don't know very well. I'd suggest cobbling together a game with some other TDNers to get some fun results. ;)

And for the record, I am baaaaaad at Key Quest. xD

Dont about you but my experiance is silver silver and again silver, even when I played in a 4 player game I became silver again, I have currently 5 golds, 17 silvers, 0 bronze and 0 lead.

I've never encountered people pretending to be newbs, Then again I was never in the newbie section i just always used the "5 key games" button.

The only thing I get annoyed by is quitters. Especially in 2 person games, You have to be a really sore loser to refuse a silver key.

I quite like your idea about the newbie section. That after a certain amount of wins, you can't join a game in there. However if you do happen to get an expert in the newbie section, there's a possibility they want to help. One day I went to do that, and help the person out if they had questions, but whoever it was, they weren't a newbie. I don't play random people anymore, only people I know. Not because of that, I think it's more fun when you play friends! At least I know they won't quit on me plus their skill.

Neohome 2.0 items have the little house icon down the bottom... a shirt or something for clothes could be beneficial :). Of course you could look it on on TDN Customization Database, that's what I do! http://customize.thedailyneopets.com/.

I feel your pain. I'm an intermediate-level KQ player, and I can't stand getting stuck playing against an expert player. It's not that I mind coming in second - far from it. Silver keys still give decent prizes, and plenty of Neopoints. I just find it to be extremely frustrating when someone beats me at all the minigames (even the ones I'm really good at), before I can even do anything. I prefer my games to be fairly well-matched. Also, I'm not an aggressive player. I usually don't use power-ups against my opponents (unless they are really annoying me). So, I hate playing against really aggressive players.

The main thing I think they need to change about KQ is how some of the minigames work. Players should never have to compete on the same game board. All the games should be like the flower-growing game in that respect. All the games should be timed individually too. That way, even the people with slow computers and bad internet connections would at least get to play the minigames, instead of having the frustration of the games ending before they even finish loading.

I really like KQ, but I hardly ever play anymore because of some of the other players. I'm usually up for a game if I'm online, so anyone that wants to play can Neomail me.

Perhaps they don't know.

When you enter keyquest, you can ort it from the groups, or the number of keys.

When you sort by the number of keys, say 5 keys. The computer goes through all 5 groups looking for 5 key games.

So if you created a 5 key game in the newbies section, People sorting the games by 5 keys see it.

So then I find out that people are totally abusing the Key Quest 'system'... they're making separate accounts to act like newbies but are really pros. (Also to get around the 10 keys per day rule). HOW. ANNOYING.

Yeah. With that, you could report them, since they aren't allowed to earn NP on accounts that aren't your main. :/

Yeah. With that, you could report them, since they aren't allowed to earn NP on accounts that aren't your main. :/

Ohhh believe you me that I sent a 'nice' little report about this user. HAHA

When you sort by the number of keys, say 5 keys. The computer goes through all 5 groups looking for 5 key games.

I am sure that is the case with some people, but this user was creating the room in the newbie section. By the time the game ended (I was angry so I didn't collect my key LOL) she had already created a new game in the newbie section.

The only thing I get annoyed by is quitters. Especially in 2 person games, You have to be a really sore loser to refuse a silver key.

I also think that if a user has quit so many times that they should be locked out for so many hours, based on the amount of offenses. I played against this one girl who I'm pretty sure posts here. It was my second day playing the game. She asks in the chat if I'm good, I say no. At that time I had only played three of the mini games and around 14 games in total... So I reciprocate the question and she starts responding with the "back off" comment. :eh: Later, I'm one jump away from picking the direction to head towards the door and she quits... and neomails me that I'm this huge big fat liar picking on newbies and all this other rude stuff.

I check her stats and she's played about 60 games more than me. Really frustrating. I don't understand why some people play the game for 15 minutes and then quit right before the end just because they lost. You just wasted 15 minutes and could have gotten a prize and neopoints for FREE. lol

Of course you could look it on on TDN Customization Database, that's what I do! http://customize.thedailyneopets.com/.

I do, I do and thank Jeebus for that section of the website. I would have bought a lot of expensive things only to find out that they are not wearable. :grrr:

I also think that if a user has quit so many times that they should be locked out for so many hours, based on the amount of offenses.

Although i do feel your pain in this subject i think that doing something like this could actually hurt honest players. I have been kicked out of games before because it lags my computer so bad that everything freezes. Some people should be punished for closing the window or whatever else. I just know that if i got kicked out of the game that i would be even more annoyed if i got a warning for it.

Aww.. *pats* I hear ya on most of that, although I never played in the Newbie section. I'm naturally really good at KQ for some reason.. The first time I ever played it was against 3 other players and I won! HAHA I was like man this rocks!

Anyway chin up! Soon you shall be the schooler and you can help the newbies! :) I let people win sometimes if I can tell their computer is slower than mine. I feel bad if I don't! :O

Although i do feel your pain in this subject i think that doing something like this could actually hurt honest players. I have been kicked out of games before because it lags my computer so bad that everything freezes. Some people should be punished for closing the window or whatever else. I just know that if i got kicked out of the game that i would be even more annoyed if i got a warning for it.

I agree to this, and it's why I said based on offense. If your game crashes, it crashes... but there are players who are 'chronic quitters' and they should be punished in some way. Muhahahahaha :evil:

I seem to remember reading on someones blog that there are crash reports being sent to TNT so it knows when a person has crashed/has quit? Anyone know if that's true?

I am sad to say that I have quit before, but it's always because of my computer lagging (the browser shuts down for some reason) so I pledged that I will start playing Key Quest on Google Chrome, as it never crashes for me on that!

That sucks. I'm very sorry you have to deal with this. :( You might want to try playing in General more? That doesn't happen there as far as I know, as there's no reason for it. Even if you win less, you'll still get lots of NP and learn fast.

I really love Key Quest. I mostly play for the NP, and I'd like to think I'm good. Out of nearly 50 games played (where they actually finished! Stupid disconnectors... anyway 50 a week is pretty good imo. ^^) I've won about half of them, and that came from learning the minigames. But Key Quest has a LOT of luck involved. It's REALLY frustrating when you have all five keys and then someone randomly gets a swap keyring powerup! This has happened at least thrice to me, and in all the times I was well-positioned to win. Also your rolls etc., not to mention it is definitely easiest for a lot of people to win from the Faerieland/bottom lefthand corner house (so your first roll to decide order is important), assuming catapults/King Skarl aren't being spammed. I'd LOVE it if the boards were a bit bigger / key location was slightly more random (i.e. a little bit, not like all piled up on one side)... But I digress.

It's really dishonourable to make side accounts to participate in KQ, but if you find anyone, you should probably report them. It is against the rules to use your side account to get NP, and you get NP from Key Quest whether you like it or not. I play in the General section and I think it's disgusting that people would play in the Newbie section to get stuff. Unfortunately I don't think quitters should be penalised, because legit people WOULD be penalised a lot too, and we all know it is hard to get your warning reversed with TNT. What I think should happen is that if everyone else quits, you should automatically win. To get around people just making new games with their friends then all quitting for each other, it could be implemented to only happen after a certain amount of moves were made/keys were gained, and/or only if the last person remaining was coming in first place. I haven't had too much bad luck with disconnectors compared to my friends, but it is still very frustrating and cheap.

It's not too hard to pick up KQ; everyone says it's like Mario Party and I had NEVER played it before, and I still found it came to me quite easily. Stick with it and don't let the problems deter you from it. Key Quest is the most rewarding game on Neopets both in material and enjoyment terms; well, material is for sure. Good luck!!

lol. I like your long messages. They're interesting. xD You make a good point, and now that I think about it it IS like Mario Party!

But Key Quest has a LOT of luck involved. It's REALLY frustrating when you have all five keys and then someone randomly gets a swap keyring powerup!

Hahaha I know what you mean, The last game I played with one of my friends we both had three "Fountain faerie" powerups [Or whatever its called]

so we went back and forth changing eachothers keys until we ran out, It wasted so much time.

lol. I know right? I was about to win and then somebody traded a key with me and then they won. o-0 I was so upset because I wasted like 30 minutes of my time. (I didn't get a key)

I have a bit of a rant myself for Key Quest now. I had to stop playing because the minigames weren't loading properly so I couldn't really do anything. Then the person I was playing against neo-mailed me.

for 19, youre sure not that mature. thanks for ruining my day, stupid.

They blocked me from neo-mailing them so I can't even explain why I had to quit the game. People like this make Neopets not worth playing... I mean, the girl's 15 so she has no right calling me immature because my computer had issues. We hadn't even played for 5 minutes, so if a game lasting that short can ruin her day, her days are going to ruined for the rest of her life for little things. I'm just... grrr! Usually people let me explain and are understanding since it does happen.

I need to kick something >_>

^ Agreed. I also cannot wait for the chat to be... a chat lol. I think it would help SO much because you can express what mini games cause your computer to freeze or lag.

When I play the Nova one, the next board shows up while I'm still clicking pairs, only to find out that the other person has already clicked them and is into the next level haha.

Same with the petpetpet one. If someone is already circling bugs, it won't even let me draw... my cursor disappears until they're done.

Just giving your partner(s) a little warning in advance changes the atmosphere of the game.

XD

Well I caused some drama on Neopets earlier today because I played 3 lint ball power ups on this woman and I was just about to win when she leaves! I neomailed her and made a topic on the Key Quest board called, "The Quitter List" LOL. I was so ticked off. I got my account suspended for 2 days for that but I don't regret it. I always get suspended, never banned. Anyway, the woman Neomailed me back but I can't read the message yet because of the suspension... I wonder what she had to say... :P ..and it was 2 player / 5 keys >____<...

Quitters >___<!

Played my first keyquests today. To play on the board is nice, a bit too much luck based though, but the game is totally ruined by the ridiculous mini-games. The term games doesn't make any sense. If all players know how it works, it's just a matter of who has the fastest computer. :grrr:

With the flower growing thing, before I'm even able to cut my second plant, the game is over. The memories game: If I'm lucky, I'm able to get one pair while already three boards have flashed by. Draw an outline: I only manage to draw a part of a line before all the bugs are taken out. Darts: so many darts are thrown, they eat up all the CPU power and I can't fire one more. Need I continue?

There's not one game that I have played where the speed of your computer isn't the decisive factor. TNT should have thought about this and should have created games that don't depend on cpu power.

Yeah it's true, however sometimes you can get people who have the same speed comp as you and it's much fun.

I actually made friends with the people who play on there with slower computers so that when we can, we play each other and it's great :)

Keyquest rocks.

But I don't have a terribly slow computer so it's never happened to me. But I've never neomailed someone.. because under 13's can't so. yeah.

I have a bit of a rant myself for Key Quest now. I had to stop playing because the minigames weren't loading properly so I couldn't really do anything. Then the person I was playing against neo-mailed me.

They blocked me from neo-mailing them so I can't even explain why I had to quit the game. People like this make Neopets not worth playing... I mean, the girl's 15 so she has no right calling me immature because my computer had issues. We hadn't even played for 5 minutes, so if a game lasting that short can ruin her day, her days are going to ruined for the rest of her life for little things. I'm just... grrr! Usually people let me explain and are understanding since it does happen.

I need to kick something >_>

I know what you mean, Someone quit on me so being polite i neomailed and asked if the game was lagging and they just responded "Waaaah"

I don't know if they were mocking me or what but It had me confused and kind of angry.