Big Change: Quitting Smoking

Daily Dare

Thanks again for the support!

I've been regularly having 1-2 cigarettes a day since I posted this board, and the gum is starting to taste good *GASP!*.

I'm coming down with something right now, so that will help with any urge I have. :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiffy! ^_^

Oh, um, would you mind answering a question? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I've just been curious about it. Why do people start smoking? I'm just curious, really, I don't mean it in an offensive manner. I just wonder.

Well, I can't speak for others so I'll just say why I started.

I was in the "partying" phase, so I was told that cigarillos are good to smoke when drinking, so I'd do that whenever I drank, eventually I had to have one a day, then one in the morning and at night, then it was even more than that so I moved onto cigarettes because it was cheaper.

Help you any? ^^

Of course you can! We won't let you NOT quit. *shakes head stubbornly* We'll nag you and pester you and annoy you until you throw the cigarettes at us, and then you won't have them to smoke. *nods decisively*

Or we'll just be here and have your back any time you need support. =]

Another fab aspect of quitting smoking? Your teeth look SO much better. :D

I've had friends who smoke and quit. It's a lot easier to hang out with them now since I was choking on their cigarette smoke before.

I have a group of friends I hang out with at McAlisters after school. Some of their friends aren't the... most moral people, and they smoke and... worse. And there have been many times one of them came in, sat down, and I gagged. Most of them realize how badly it affects me now, and they make sure not to come to the table smelling like smoke when I'm there.

They're actually quite nice when I'm not gagging.

to help with the oral fixation, why don't you get some jolly ranchers, they taste good too :)

I'm personally never going to smoke tobacco. It takes a lot of money, the smoke is horrendous, and it's addictive. I already got enough problems, so I don't need to be addicted to nicotine.

and has anyone ever seen bodyworks? the thing with all the preserved body's? It had one showing a smokers lungs, they were gray, not a good color for lungs.

My neighbor is a nurse and weekly he has to watch people who die from cigarette smoking. He said that cancer is the least of my worries, it'd be the damage that is done to the lungs, in a year I could literally be unable to catch a good breath of air if I continue smoking...

I know. I don't really get any cravings when I want to quit, I just have to continue to be motivated to quit. It's going to be nice to not have to brush my teeth and mouthwash every time I see my girlfriend (well, if I'm with her all day I have to do it after every smoke, that's what I meant, lol).

Well, I still feel like crap.

Haven't had a smoke since Friday (even then it was just one).

I've saved 23.36, and have NOT smoked 73 cigarettes. :)

Since I live in Canada I'm even saving more money, as it's generally $7.50 - $9.00 for a pack of cigarettes.