Big Change: Quitting Smoking

Daily Dare

Oh! Euch, I'm sorry. I had pneumonia two years ago. Right on Thanksgiving too, so there was all this good food and all these people and all I felt like doing was curling up in a corner and sleeping. Which I did.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?? To cope with stress? Seems like a pretty bad reason to me. Of course, I haven't experienced this, but it seems like doing something that could potentially harm you isn't the best way to relieve stress. =\

It feels unnatural to do it without one. I had a cigar here that my father bought me when he was in Dominican, I had two puffs off of that and put it out. Seems to help. Now I've got dishes to do, then soon I can go pick up the cat I adopted. :)

Well I'm trying to. My landlord was supposed to come by this afternoon to fill out papers that say I'm allowed to have the cat in my apartment (the animal rescue league requires it), but she never came (didn't call either), so I couldn't go pick up the cat.

Argh!

• 2 weeks later...

I Hope he keeps going, not just for me( the girlfriend, reading some of these post makes me feel awful for my thinking) but for himself. I believe in you, I tell you almost everyday, and even if i get mad when you do smoke a couple you know I'm always here for you. I guess its easier to tell you this here then it is when you are just in front of me because it hurts me to know that you can't have what you want or that i can't do anything to help you. I believe in you, you have to try and believe in yourself too sweetie. <3

I know your trying, I still can't help it! I want you to live! lol. To quit you have to go through the stresses without one and through the long days at work without one. Like I told you if you are going to see me later that night why not make it your goal. I don't know. Just trying to help :)

• 1 month later...

2 years ago i was usually smoking a pack every 2 days.but one day me and some friends made a dare to quit and that was pretty much it. it's horrible when i'm surrounded by smokers especially when we go clubbing.

just dare yourself to stop....when i'm thinking of having just that one cigarette i say to myself "i didn't smoke for...days/months,why start now"

hope you succeed in your goal.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics inactive for more than 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Ruto if you have any questions regarding this action.