When did you start playing Neopets?

dazedANDconfused

I started playing so long ago that I actually can't remember. Not that it's been 15 years or anything, but I believe it might have been around... 7 or 8 years ago?

After dissapearing for so long, I went back just recently and can't even believe how different it is! I guess that should be expected, but still... I can't say I ever thought neopets would evolve so much.

I really do miss neo how it was a few years ago though, although there weren't as many features back then, it ran faster and smoother, things were cheaper and it was a whole lot simpler. o_O

Well according the the shield i have on this one in the look up i have been playing for almost 6 years. But I did get one account hacked into when i was younger and stopped playing for a year or so. It really has evolved so much from when i started. I never thought it would get this far either. *reminiscing on old times

I wish I was able to keep one account for 6 years.

I tend to not touch my account at all for months or more at a time, and eventually I just completely forget the password and have to recreate.

Bahah, it's actually kind of hard trying to build up a decent account after things have changed so much. I'm so oblivious to everything now!

i've been playing for 7 years, not on the same account cause my old one got hacked and the pw was changed :( But thats okay cause i've had this account for awhile and just seeing how many more people are on neopets now is crazy!

I wish I was able to keep one account for 6 years.

I tend to not touch my account at all for months or more at a time, and eventually I just completely forget the password and have to recreate.

Bahah, it's actually kind of hard trying to build up a decent account after things have changed so much. I'm so oblivious to everything now!

Well when i started college i think i took like a year off. But I came back to it because my mom missed the games. Once i saw her playing it i got hooked again. o_O

I started this account on September 15th 2002 and my shield is 6 years :) I haven't been playing for 6 years though! Until last month I don't think I've played for a good 3-4 years? I had 2 side accounts then as well but they seem to have disappeared.. either that or I can't spell any of those accounts pet's names correctly..?

I had account before that, but the pet was named after the guy I had a crush on at the time >.< so that account got abandoned when I went off of him!

Tigra xx

EDIT: Was going through my pet pages and I was definitely here 15th March 2004 as that is apparently when Celondir became a Mutant Krawk, so I stuck with Neopets for over 2 years! So I was right in thinking I hadn't played for 4 years :yes:

i've been playing for 7 years, not on the same account cause my old one got hacked and the pw was changed :( But thats okay cause i've had this account for awhile and just seeing how many more people are on neopets now is crazy!

It's actually insane how many people have joined neopets now! At point, when it first started, it actually almost felt like a community.

Now it's so wide-spread!

*checks user lookup*

According to my user lookup, I started playing neopets on July 3, 2004

But of course like any average 8 year old back then I was a noob and found no interest in taking care of my pets.

But in 2008, I found Thedailyneopets.

Without TDN I wouldn'tve played neopets ever again. Now I've discovered more to the site, the massive changes and additions like the NC Mall, Customisation, Site themes, plots etc

So I thank TDN for getting me back on the horse and probably it'll take a few more years to get back off XD (unless something out-of-the-blue comes along and......yeah. But never mind that :P)

Woah, your accounts are all so old! Mine's only about 3 years old. And I stopped playing on that account and started a new account. But then that account got cookie grabbed by someone, then frozen. So, I estimate that I've been playing on this account for about a year. Or so.

Oh gosh...well I'm pretty sure the first account I made was when I was 9 or 10. So that would make it 8 or 9 years. I know it was before I turned 13 since I remember lying about my age to get on the boards (you know you did it too). I've played on and off though. I went through a long hiatus of not playing when I was a Sophomore and Junior because it felt too little-kiddish. I played Gaia Online instead. Which is totally NOT little-kiddish (yes it is). I've started again though. I think the new layout turned me off for a while too. Too hard to get used to at the time. But I'm used to it now.

I started playing on January 3, 2002. (Yes, I remember the date :P) Unfortunately, I've played on 3 accounts. I've been frozen twice, and I lost my pass one time and couldn't remember what birthdate I used. =/

What I really hate about starting over an account is building up your account's age. You can't get any decent lends with a 2-month account...

I believe I first started back in '00. I can't really remember. LOL. Oh well. I started playing with my most recent account september 11th, 2003 I think.

i remember playing neopets when i was 8 years old. But i stopped after 4 years, and was back after about 6 years, where i was lucky enough to experience "the big change". Sure i was unused to it at first, but now, i find neopets in essence, to have matured and becoming far superior to the previous (abundance of ads not withstanding)

December 3rd 2006 for me. That's when I started getting more and more interested in the computer. A year later, I made a friend on Neopets that I knew in real life. We found out that we were both on Neopets at primary school, in year 6. Since then, on our free time each Friday we always chose ICT so we could play Neopets together. It was a shame we were in different classes, though. She might have forgotten me, but I haven't forgotten her. I might let someone adopt AvatarLendingGrundo so I can readopt my Neopet that's named after her... sootypops1. I've been away for 6 months as I joined another site. But came back fairly recently. So I've been playing for about 1 and a half years on Neopets.

I can't remember the exact date but then I remember started playing neopets when I was in primary school...

February 15th 2003 here, though I havent been playing consistently since then. About a year or two after I started on here my main got hacked/cookie grabbed by some who took everything I had (my whole plushie gallery, all the money in bank, and everything in my sdb), which kind of turned me off to the game. Been back on here for about a year myself now.