I don't know what to buy!!

:Jake

I'd keep saving up. You might want to buy a Royal Paint Brush. It does cost 1.75 million, so that's why I'd recommend you to save up. Also, have you got the lab map? If not, save up for the full set (est. on trading post: 810k) and if you have any spare pieces after that, sell them in the TP and see what offers you get.

Really, we shouldnt be telling you what to buy. Since we are not really you, we are just telling you stuff we like, not what you like. Save your money until something catch's your interest, take that amount out of the bank, buy.. ta da! that easy :)

But, if you were me, and if i was to tell you what to buy, i say if your satisfied with your pet at the moment, then i say you should work to improve your gallery. If you chose not to do that, why not work on your avatars? your only 300k away from a Fyora Avatar and a Baby Paint Brush. Then again, you could go buy some doubloons and spend them all on your pet to level them up.. or save your money for faerie quest and other quest. there really is an unlimited possiblity to your dilemma.

I totally agree with all the above so far. What you do with your neopoints is totally up to you :yes:

Start setting goals. There's a lot of things to do on neopets, you just have to find what to focus on.

But if I were you, lost with a bunch of nps I'd put it in my bank and collect interest from it. Then one day I'll buy a particular item(s) that I really wanted.

So.......its all up to you. The nps are in your hands ^_^

I would save it. I have scrimped and saved so much since I first started. I only bought tiny things to get my packrat avatar. Even now that I've given up on the Adam avatar, I don't spend my money. I have enough I think to paint my remaining 2 pets, but I can't part with my money lol

All my assets are in items :P only keep 500k in the bank as a safety net in case something comes up and I want to hoard. the way I see it is that in the long run, the value of any particular item in neopets only goes up (whether because it gets retired or from another reason) and so putting your money into items generate more 'interest' (granted, it's not a liquid interest) than just saving it in the bank.

More on topic though, you should just find a hobby on neopets Jake. do you like collecting anything? avatars? cards? books? everything? use that money or you'll lose interest in neopets pretty quickly - hoarding money tends to turn me off games because it seems like a grind, which isn't fun at all. =/

could just be me though!

Yeah, like everyone said...

300K is decent scratch...

It would get you quite a few avatar items, if your into that?

Or well on your way to a decent gallery, you seem to enjoy toast and slorgs?

But mostly I recommend, since you seem to be good at saving,

that you keep your money in the bank until you reach Ultimate Riches!

I keep trying, but I don't seem to have the will power...

I'm a sucker for paint brushes! And Expensive petpets!

I highly recommend saving up. There's some amazing things that are really expensive.

But I'm sure there's plenty of people that wouldn't mind getting there hands on that many np lol

Well, people have already beat me to the punch...save up!

But, if you really want to spend what you've got, try working on your gallery, or a new look for one of your Neopets. I'm sure they might appreciate a new paint color :)

Honestly - I'd buy stocks. I've been working on transferring my 500K into stocks because your ROI (return on investment) is MUCH higher there. I've more than doubled my investment in a couple of stocks. Sold them off and bought more. I've only been working on this for about a week but I've profited over 10K so far - way better than the 1000 NP you'd get for keeping 500K in the bank for a week. If your stocks drop just wait them out - they will always go back up. Unlike the real world the companies on Neopets don't go bankrupt and keep all your $$!

I'd also repeat what others have said here - pick a hobby or two. My personal #1 is stamps but that's just me. I'm also working on avatars and some of them can get expensive.

Yep I totally agree with the above comments, continue saving until you find something!

Though it makes saving much more rewarding if you have a goal in mind. What do you want to accomplish? Do you want to paint a certain pet or get your pets more customizable items; save up for avatars; buy stamps or items for your gallery; the list goes on and on...

I know it sounds corny, but making a wishlist (and the prices of each item) often helps ;)

I would save up more, don't just spend for the sake of spending!

I am saving up for the lap map, and have 7 of 9 pieces.

If there is something you really want, wait.

Because you will probably find something you want as soon as you spend your nps.

Or, if you are an avvie collector, buy stuf to get some avvies!

Save up! I have wanted a Desert Paint Brush for YEARS, literally YEARS. But I'm terrible at saving. Spending is fun... But I actually managed to get in the millions last year and I'm very proud^^. I can afford one now but I'm still using the Lab Ray on that pet so will wait a bit longer. I also got myself a Cybunny last year which I'd always wanted too. I don't spend for the sake of spending anymore because it didn't get me anywhere. I'd suggest to anyone to save unless they really wanted something. Stick it in the bank and make interest.

• 1 year later...

!!!!!! hpw to get these doubloons??????

!!!!!! how to get these doubloons??????

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Make all posts at least 7 words long.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not double post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not post on topcis that have been inactive for more thna three weeks.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.

I'm just gonna reiterate what others have said.

It's not really our place to say what to spend it on as it's based on what you enjoy. Recently I've been spending alot on painting my pets and on petpets, as well as training for tdub. But that's become my personal fascination. But paintbrushes are often rather expensive...

Otherwise, find something which you like collecting or hoarding or saving for inflation; stamps, codestones, books, gallery items or avatars. Once you've found something you won't have any problems spending all your hard earned np!

I would save it for a rainy day. Because if you spend all or most for your money you will want something then have no money to afford it.

Asimek- For dubloons, you can either buy them off the trading post, Auctions or stores. OR if you play dubloon disaster you "might" have a chance for one. Another way is Black Pawkeet Slots which if you get 3 treasure chests in a row you get a dubloon. Or you can go to Coltanz's shrine. The 55th second of any minute in NPT time, can get you a dubloon.