Snowy Xweetok

Izzy ♥

This is my first serious attempt at drawing a Xwee (and also the first time I've used the pen tool to draw) - its meant to be my snow xweetok Brynde ^_^ I'd really like some feedback, since I've been staring at it for the last four hours so I have zero perspective on it now xD

i5147b.jpg

Suggestions and such very welcome, please be honest about it :D

Well I'm no expert or anything, but I have to say that your drawing is simply AMAZING! :thumbsup:

Not much else I can contribute unfortunately. :P

Its beautiful! (Sorry I can't think of another word :P)

Snow neopets are so cute in my opinion....I might paint one of my pets for the avvie next year.

From looking at the drawing, the legs look kind of different to what I expect a xweetok to have, sorta like a gelert's :P

But other than that GREAT!

Thanks guys :* I love the pen tool in Photoshop, its awesome at making my lines all smooth ^_^

From looking at the drawing, the legs look kind of different to what I expect a xweetok to have, sorta like a gelert's :P

Ahem, I'm used to drawing dogs... I guess it comes through :P I will try to find a different animal model for the body next time!

Very nice flow of movement and excellent character composition, the anatomy especially, is spot on. Perhaps you could work on the placement of the paws and shoulder joints, but they are very minor. A great drawing. What it needs is more oomph though other than the character itself. I suggest drawing on clothes, adding other forms of decorative or environmental compositions etc, to make this stand out.

Thanks for the feedback everyone :) And yes, Brynde is a girl xD

Very nice flow of movement and excellent character composition, the anatomy especially, is spot on. Perhaps you could work on the placement of the paws and shoulder joints, but they are very minor. A great drawing. What it needs is more oomph though other than the character itself. I suggest drawing on clothes, adding other forms of decorative or environmental compositions etc, to make this stand out.

Ahh yes, I was mostly just working an adoptable-type design... eventually, I do want to draw in Brynde's dark faerie outfit ^_^ Never having drawn a Xwee before though I wanted to see if I'd gotten that right first lol

Can you draw my Christmas Wocky Very_Wockilicious if possible, Izzy? :)

0:) I'd never drawn a Wocky before either so I used a TNT image to work from... hope thats okay.

2qsqmfn.jpg

Wow. That is very good! I'll copy and paste this into my topic, as someone else is designing a Wocky for me. I'll vote the best one once she's done. :) My precious Very_Wockilicious is finally in art! Thank you so much! :)

On the xweetok issue, i think it came out very nicely, but i am going to be honest. It looks great, but i feel like the eyes could have has a bit of work, They seems a bit jaggy. your using Flash? If that is the case, when drawing, try to notice mistakes ahead of time (Im not calling it a mistake.) Because i think using the eraser on that program can mess up line work very badly, If its photoshop, try to use the Line tool, It actually can make wonderful curves too, if practiced enough But besides the eye, i really do like how well the image is. the colors worked out well and majority of the line work is nice and smooth.

I think it looks great! I might be biased though, I have a snow Xwee myself :P

The nose struck me as slightly off at first. Mostly because I'm used to Xwee's having more triangular noses rather than oval, but I think it's fine!

I loooove the really smooth pen lines. I should learn how to use the pen tool.

Wowza o_O that is uh-mazin! n neopets, I feel that they don't have enough colors for Xweetoks, but anyway, that xweetok pic is simply perfect! Great job ;D The wocky picture is great, too! You rock at making these types of pictures ;D (I'll all over the Xweetok one cuz I have a sketch one) xD

buhbye

:whistle:

Oh my goodness, those are both AMAZING!! I half-expected the Xweetok to walk right out of the computer (albeit on slightly dog-like legs, but that's already been mentioned.) And great use of color on the Wocky. Simply amazing!

~ Livvy

I loved both of the pics. they are both amazing, but there is something about the xweetoks eye though i dont know what exactly..

I loved both of the pics. they are both amazing, but there is something about the xweetoks eye though i dont know what exactly..

Something wrong about the Xweetok's eye, you mean?

Because I was going to say: That Xweetok picture is simply amazing. I especially love the eyes: they look lively! They're my favorite thing about the picture. :) They look so shiny. Hehe

Wow, that is AWESOME! I think the Wocky is great too but Xweetoks are better all round^^. If you hadn't had said you'd drawn it I would have thought it was a genuine 'Neopets made' drawing. What program do you use to draw them?

Izzy~ You are SUCH a good drawer! I can't think of anything bad to say about it appart from the fact the eyes are a bit wierd... But I think that is just how all of the neopets eyes are. Also the front right foot looks a bit off.

*blushes* Thanks everyone ^_^ The eyes I tried to make a bit "rough" since Snow pets have stones for eyes... how they see out of stones is beyond me, but thats what I think they are anyway xD

What program do you use to draw them?

I'm using Adobe Photoshop CS4 at the moment :)

Wow the forum has so much creative energy tonight. I love it.

Your Xweetok looks great as far as I'm concerned. Of course I'm a fan of the breed so I might be biased.

What I really love about it are all the little details and the shading. Sometimes when people do things with

the pen tool, or something really from scratch, you can see the strokes, and I don't see the strokes on yours.

If I absolutely had to pick something to improve, assuming that you posted it because you weren't quite happy,

I would repeat what everyone else said about the eyes, they aren't quite the same caliber as the rest of the image.

Although I agree with what you said about the eyes being coal. They could be a little rougher than the rest of it.

Anyway, It's way better then anything I could have done. Thanks for sharing, and please keep creating, your great!