Sore-loseritis

ChaoticFission

I am mad.. no, furious. Last night, I decided to play a few KQ games before I headed off to bed. As soon as I get to within 1 turn away from winning, the @#$%^&*!(@* quits out. Of course, I get mad, but think nothing of it since it has happened to me several times before.

I start another game with another player. I get to within 1 turn from winning, and what happens? You guessed it! The sore loser quits out. After this process repeats itself once more, I go to sleep, enfuriated.

Why are there no penalties for quiting out late in the game? I'm sure some sort of withdrawal penalty would deter these losers from quiting.

Thoughts?

That happened to me two nights ago! :( I played Key Quest for a good two hours, trying to get a game with 4 other players... one of two things always happened: either two players quit, leaving only two of us left (and you can't get a gold key with two players), or everyone else ends up quitting and I had to start all over again. Ended up with only a silver key and some low-value items to show for it.

Maybe we all start our own TDN system where we play each other, that way we don't have that problem...

I don't experiment much quitters problems, honestly. And I'm not so angry if it happens... it's like 'drats' but it's just a game... When it starts to happen to much, I try to play against people that I know.

Anyone want to play me? 3 people can reply to me saying they want to play with their usernames on Neopets. Then I'll set up a 4 key game, and invite all 3 people who replied. I will invite the first three repliers tomorrow.

I've actually never had this problem. If I ever don't finish a game, it's because my computer freezes up, not because they quit. Of course, I've got plenty of angry letters calling me a sore loser, when it's all just cause I have a lame computer. It pisses me off so much.

not as bad today--i got only 2 sore losers. now i start writing down usernames before i start a game.... to give those losers a stern talking to. that'll show 'em!

seriously tho, can there be some kind of petition to penalize sore-losers?

TNT is working at finding a way to penalize people who quit, but because of computer/internet problems that are just unavoidable, it's taking some time to find out the best way.

I only play with people I know now, but yeah, it gets a bit annoying when they quit right before you win. I'm all for the penalty for quitting too many times, but I myself know that internet problems happen. =/

I'm usually the one where my browser just says "Eh I'm not gonna do this anymore" then poof.

But it's getting better. Sadly I only have me and hubby to play KQ with atm. Teaching my g/f but that's slow going.

I played Xepha once and she slammed me lol I'm always looking for new people here to play against tho :)

Like I said earlier, I am a bit of a sore loser around non-TDN Forum members. Only to TDN members I stay in play (unless I disconnect - very unlikely). Ask Xepha if you don't believe me. :) But I hate it when I have lag. People always beat me in Spyder Scare and Faellie Labyrinth due to my lag. <_<

The only times I quite during the game is when you can tell the computer speed is too much of a difference to provide a fair contest.

The other night I was playing, and I got to a mini game where you toss darts. I was tossing like 1 dart per second, but on my computer, every second he was throwing 10 darts etc.

It's very silly because you get different prizes from different keys. For example, you can get more books from a silver key than from a gold key, and you can only get bottled faeries from bronze and lead keys.

o_O you get bottled fairies? hmm... well i always play 1 on 1, because those games are shorter and there's a 90% chance that i get the gold key.

The only times I quite during the game is when you can tell the computer speed is too much of a difference to provide a fair contest.

The other night I was playing, and I got to a mini game where you toss darts. I was tossing like 1 dart per second, but on my computer, every second he was throwing 10 darts etc.

is this on the beta version? haven't played beta in quite some time since it has less people. it waste much more time in the waiting room than i do playing. it gets ridiculous.

so what other mini games have they added? is the meowclops washing game back? the flower game?

omg. this has got to be the funniest story ever

i was playing KQ was getting very low rolls. by the time i had 2 keys, my opponent was already going for the home stretch, getting the last key. i figured all hope was lost and wanted to be a sore-loser myself. because i didn't want to turn into what i hate, i decided to be a good sport and sit in the game. oh, but how the tables turned... my opponent picks up a distracting potion, which i swipe, and use against her.. MWAHAHA. so now she is 3 squares away w/o a blue key (yes i know, it was a bad choice, but this is a distracting potion, i would need to fetch a key as well.

as she approaches the blue key, i throw in a giant lint ball. by now, i have all the keys already and heading for the home stretch myself. she rolls the dice..... "Oops, the game has ended unexpectedly".

Arghhhh!!!! this is ridiculous!!!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Mistletoe Morgan) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post; use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

omg. this has got to be the funniest story ever

i was playing KQ was getting very low rolls. by the time i had 2 keys, my opponent was already going for the home stretch, getting the last key. i figured all hope was lost and wanted to be a sore-loser myself. because i didn't want to turn into what i hate, i decided to be a good sport and sit in the game. oh, but how the tables turned... my opponent picks up a distracting potion, which i swipe, and use against her.. MWAHAHA. so now she is 3 squares away w/o a blue key (yes i know, it was a bad choice, but this is a distracting potion, i would need to fetch a key as well.

as she approaches the blue key, i throw in a giant lint ball. by now, i have all the keys already and heading for the home stretch myself. she rolls the dice..... "Oops, the game has ended unexpectedly".

Arghhhh!!!! this is ridiculous!!!

Yeah, i discovered that you should never count anyone out of the win as long as the game is still on. Seriously, i never play KQ that much since i feel it a waste of time, but i do remember an intense match in 3 player match. Me and another guy were duking it out with items and so forth like masters, having collected all three keys to win, while the other guy was struggling so we paid him no attention. In the end, my carelessness of rushing for the goal and being too focused on the player i was fighting with, made me slip up and handed the third person the win instead. I was very incensed XP

o_O FISSION! I never knew you'd double post! I am so embarrassed! Ok, how about we both play without you not leaving the waiting room then? I was looking madly for you, only to find that you logged off. :P

after i posted i realized that it was a double post... alas, there's no delete button :(

it's annoying that if you edit your post, the thread doesn't get bumped. is there a way around that? also, there's the fact that one post has nothing to do with the other... editing a post is only suitable if the previous post is related. that's how i understand it at least.

*back on topic*

yes, i'll be back in around an hour. whoever wants to challenge me, please neomail me and wait for me in the experts room. (my usual spot is the 5-key room).

I can't use Neomail. Sorry, CF, but I must go straight in without neomailing. What version do you use? Beta or live? Live as in the first area, beta as in the edge?