If you could roll back the site to one day in history, which day would it be?

Sugar Gar

Basically, imagine all of the changes that have happened to the site within the past nine years. Still wish Neoschool could have happened? Want the old Faerie Xweetoks back? Dislike the neoboard posting time limit?

Or maybe think about individual events. Neocharge was a pretty epic April Fools joke. That day right before Neopia was changed, with the huge meepit in the news... Or maybe the day before your account was frozen.

If you had the option to rollback the site for one day (with anything you do during that one day being erased when the site went back to normal the next day), which day would you go back to?

I don't have any date in mind, but I would go back to some time early when Adam and Donna came onto the Neoboards to chat with the users. Yes, this actually did happen. There were several questions I would want to ask Adam.

Adam is a pretty cool guy *nods*

I think I'd just want to go back to day 1, when I firstly joined... but to know about all events and stuff so I wouldn't miss them XD.

I think I'd roll back to either RIGHT when Neopia started, even if I didn't have an account at that time xD Just to see how Neopia looked.

Because I could still screenie everything and have it for future use. b)

Either that, or some point during 2006. Because that year was fun for me in Neopia.

I would probably go back in time to the darigan plot. I would actually participate and get some avatars.

Of course, I also wish i could go back to all of the plots i missed. Maraqua, lost desert, tale of woe, mystery island......:(

You can look at the plots i participated in and how I did, also you can look for what trpohies i am missing on my userlookup. Yopu can use that handy little link below my avatar to get there.

I would love to go back to participate in all these plots I missed, because I was too lazy (Tale of Woe), too young in neopets to know what's a plot (lost desert), or simply didn't know that neopets exists (all previous plots) XD

All these avatars I will never get *snif* :crying:

I'd probably go back to the time of the first plot - yup, one plot fanatic right here! :P

I'd go back to the first few days I played. I got a halloween paintbrush from a random event. My friend wanted it. The only method we could think of transferring it was through the auctions. He didn't get it. Someone else did, for about 45000. ONLY 45000! :(

I'd go back to the space faerie quest, or the mystery island quest, if I had known they were gonna give that avvie to the first 100 persons that solved it I'd have done it faster!

I'd also go back to a few months before the meowclops avvie got out and buy a load of those petpets, or at least I'd go back when a friend gave me a meowclops and I sold it for 10k :(

ahhh the times when the lab ray was about 100k, and I thought it was a fortune!

I would go back to when there was no adds! And when you could talk to Adam and Donna 'coz that would be cool! I would have joined even if I was only 2 at the time XD

• 1 month later...

As a semi-casual player, I'd probably just go back to the Maraqua stuff and get as much of that as I could, such as the layout. I love the sea, and anything water related. So my pet has all the water skills I could get, I'm saving for a Maraquan brush, have the Maraquan house, and a water related petpet, et cetera.

If I was a Neopets fanatic though, I'd probably say back to the days before they sold it to the Scientologists. I'd beg and plead with A&D not to sell to them, because they would be miserable working for them, and the whole site would turn into a big advertisement park. Luckily I'm not that obsessed with NP though and I don't care much. ^_^

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Crusher) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump old topics :). Check the timestamp on the last post ;). (people posting after this please check my new post)

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

1. The Day Before My 8 Year Old Account Was Frozen.

2. And When My 5 Year Account Got Stolen.

3. When Adam And Donna Talked To Us Around Neopia.

4. When Paint Brushes Were Dirt Cheap, I'd Merchent.

5. When There Were No Hackers.

6. When I Was a Noob And I Didnt Know What To Do, It Was More Of An Adventure To Find Out How To Play Neopets.

7. When Everyone Was Much More Friendly Around The Site.

8. When Avatars Werent So Hard To Get.

9. When Some Of The Old Games Still Existed.

10. When There Were Hardly Any Players.

These Are My Favourites...

---

Plus Dave, Maraqua Is Fairly New Compaired To Faerieland, Tyrannia etc.

And What Do You Mean By Scientoligists? Neopets Is Owned By A Very Large Company Called Viacom Now And Has Been For 4 Years Now :)

If You Want To Know More, Their Website Is At Viacom.com :)

I stopped playing Neopets years before Maraqua, and started playing again with a new account after Maraqua was finished. So I basically missed out on all that stuff. I'm more interested in what appeals to me personally, rather than the stuff that was earlier, even if it is worth more money now.

As for Neopets and Scientology, if you do a Google search for neopets scientology you'll see what I mean. Doug Dohring for example is a Scientologist. I don't know that it's run by Scientologists now that Viacom owns it, but I'm talking about before that. Hopefully they purged all that stuff when they bought it and he left.

Anyway, enough about Scientology. I don't want to turn this thread into a Scientology debate when it's really about what we miss, or what we missed out on. :)

Lol I'll Do A Search Later So You Can Prove Me Wrong :)

Yeah, We Shouldnt Turn This Into A Debate.

:P

P.S

I'm Surprised Google Let You Search Neopets Now, After Viacom Pathetically Sued Google And YouTube Out Of $1Billion For Some Copyright Claims Or Something...

I would go back to the last day TM was on Neopets before she died. I'd chat with her all day

Who is TM?

I would have gone to the first day I joined TDN forums cuz i forgot to interduose myself.

Okay guys, here's what's happened. Basically, user DaveFromThePub posted in this topic, and, as per the usual rules, he got marked for bumping an old thread. However, this time I'm going to leave the topic open instead of closing it, since quite a few people have posted here :).

personally, I wouldn't roll back the clock because I'd lose all the things that I've worked for since then! :O Not to mention TDN! ;)

=Cameron=