Any Moms Here?

judykm

Does it count if I'm a mum to my cat?

o_O

Unfortunately I don't ever see myself having a kid of my own (my own choice..) although I've thought about renting my womb out in order to know what it's like.

I just don't want the after product...

10 kids? wow. Just wow. Well done you!

Wellllllll.....

I looked at different places/forums and everyone is like "so my handwriting is so bad" and my fifth grade science teacher hates me. That's a little out of my range of experiences as a mom with a married kid, a grandchild on the way, 2 kids in college...

But thanks for offering Syn-Chan... :-)

Femme Diva-

I thought about surrogate momhood, but after having a "few" pregnancies and falling in love with them before they were even born (like I am falling in love with my future grandchild) it didn't seem like that would happen to me.

My brother-in-law & his wife have no kids. I thought if any of my pregnancies turned out TRIPLETS, maybe I could give him one, but that didn't happen. I couldn't give him one of my twins. Thought about it for almost a nano-second. :whistle:

Vampiress Ashley,

no such thing as "only". Glad to have ya aboard!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not double or triple post; there is an "edit" button you can use.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

You're a better person than me!!

I was pregnant once, couldn't wait to get it out. That won't be mistake I'll make again!

I don't know. I don't mind kids. Once they are around 16 and upwards.

It's that initial screaming, wailing, pooing, vomiting, etc etc.

Oh and the fact that I'd have to give up my social life. I do like my social life.

I'm just selfish :)

You're a better person than me!!

I was pregnant once, couldn't wait to get it out. That won't be mistake I'll make again!

I don't know. I don't mind kids. Once they are around 16 and upwards.

It's that initial screaming, wailing, pooing, vomiting, etc etc.

Oh and the fact that I'd have to give up my social life. I do like my social life.

I'm just selfish :)

So you have a kid? My older kids are fantastic, but my younger ones are great too. I like them when they can hold there own, I have a degree in Education for Juvenile Delinquents. Worked in Rehab ("Juvie Jail") it was great to be with the kids. The staff was 8- P~~~

I have two foster boys (2 of the 10) who were basically given up for adoption after years of neglect. Mom missed out on some good hearted kids.

No no, I don't have one... it was a very bad mistake... the guy I was with was NOT father material and I didn't want to be a single mother since I am studying and wouldn't have the money or the emotional support to be able to give it all it's wants.

My mum does foster care, mainly though she gets kids from 2 days to 7 years. It's sad that parents like that are allowed to breed. But at least they are wonderful people like you and my mother around who give these kids the love they deserve.

Thanks, it's nice to know I am in good company.

Would REALLY like some moms here.... Come on, am I the only nutty uh.... um... mom at TDN?

People! This is DEPRESSING! NO mommies out there???? :sad01_anim:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Crusher) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post as this tends to bump the boards and lead to spam. Click the edit button below your last post to add to it :).

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm here! Thanks for telling me about this section; I love being able to talk it up with other moms. My daughter is still very young, and doesn't have a clue about neopets (though she was playing with my strawberry jubjub plush I bought the other day!), but when she is.. she has a nice account to take over! :) As you all ready know, I'm Missa. I've got an obsession with online pets; I have my own forum for Webkinz. And now.. I'm back full swing with my neopets. I just wish my computer ran a bit better as KeyQuest takes me forever to play. :grrr:

Missa, my two year old has an account on neopets. Not that she knows that XD But I made her, and it will have nice painted pets for her once she's old enough to play. I've been so busy with work and the holiday season that I didn't notice anyone posted here! Sorry!

Hi Missa!

Hi Mrs. Claus!

I think it's super you have accounts that will be fantastic by the time your little ones are old enough to play! I wish I had played years ago, gotten those unavailable avatars from back then. I only started seriously collecting avatars last year.

All my kids (except for the oldest) have had accounts, though 2 of them were closed out for some reason, not frozen, but the passwords don't work and the emails they send them to are inactive so can't be retrieved.

We all chipped in a while ago to make points for my youngest daughter, so she could buy a baby PB, and she has since stopped playing!

I want to get my youngest son something that will look like a dragon. I saw one once but I forgot what it is! Something darigan or draik. Then I will have SOMEONE to talk about neopets with. When I talk to my middle kids, I see their eyes sort of glass over. :laughingsmiley:

I am a mommy of three girls ;) All of them play neopets too haha I converted them. So I don't feel so bad lol they always come to me with questions on how to get certain things or do things on the site and they think I am the "Know All" of neopets because I can always answer them. Shhh it's all 'cause of TDN..don't tell 'em! lol

SympliGoth, your secret is safe with us. Or... um... with me, since I seem to be the only one here lol. Thanks for stopping by. I love your look!

I am the "know-it-all" when it comes to computer/internet. When my middle kids were in middle school and learning basic html, I showed them how to do some fun things. All their friends were rolling their eyes at their own parents' ineptitude and my kids were rushing to me to help! hahaha

Hi Judy! *waves at my friend*

Hi to all the other moms out there too! I have "only" 4 kids, 3 boys and a girl... ages 7, 4, 2 and 1 month! I guess you can all tell how noisy it is at home :yes: It was my eldest son who introduced me to Neopets. Now he's rarely playing and I'm online almost everyday. Maybe I'll start working on my 4 year old :P

Yes, it does get kinda lonely here when most forums are talking about stuff we've done ages ago, haha! I hope we can keep this thread going.

Me too Elaine! My guild is a lovely one, but we are down to about 4 active members, all moms. one single dad who gets on occasionally, though it's posted as an adult guild, not a moms guild. I like it, but I also like the chit-chat here. a bit less restrictive, as long as you get used to not double posting/bumping or overly short posts. Those had me a bit concerned, too easy to mess up! gulp!

TJ, I sort of missed your post I think (or have you changed your name?)... I lived in Pittsburgh for a year, that makes us practically neighbours! ;)

so, anyone else want to brag about their kids? :-D

I have 8 biological kids, ages 22-(almost, as he keeps telling me) 9. My oldest is my daughter,in New Jersey working and the next daughter is married. 18 year old twin boys who will be going to the army (gulp gulp!!) in the near future, my foster boy is 16, my next boy is 15, then two girls 13.5 & 12, the next foster boy (brothers) is 11 and my little guy. Phew! That was exhuasting. I have to go lie down now and rest. hahaha

Me too Elaine! My guild is a lovely one, but we are down to about 4 active members, all moms. one single dad who gets on occasionally, though it's posted as an adult guild, not a moms guild. I like it, but I also like the chit-chat here. a bit less restrictive, as long as you get used to not double posting/bumping or overly short posts. Those had me a bit concerned, too easy to mess up! gulp!

TJ, I sort of missed your post I think (or have you changed your name?)... I lived in Pittsburgh for a year, that makes us practically neighbours! ;)

so, anyone else want to brag about their kids? :-D

I have 8 biological kids, ages 22-(almost, as he keeps telling me) 9. My oldest is my daughter,in New Jersey working and the next daughter is married. 18 year old twin boys who will be going to the army (gulp gulp!!) in the near future, my foster boy is 16, my next boy is 15, then two girls 13.5 & 12, the next foster boy (brothers) is 11 and my little guy. Phew! That was exhuasting. I have to go lie down now and rest. hahaha

That's an amazing line-up Judy! Congratulations (on surviving, hahaha!)

I'm in a guild for moms too. We're about 42, with around at least 20 truly active members. A lot of us are avatar collectors too so it's double purpose (sharing mom tips and secrets and helping each other out with the avies).

My eldest son, Diego, is 7 and is in grade 2 but he thinks he's already an adult! :rolleyes_anim: He considers the smaller ones as "kids"! The second is my only daughter, Ella. She's really sweet but is very good at manipulating adults (especially her dad!). The third is 2-yr old Miguel, who everyone calls a male version of Ella. Looks and manipulates just like her (but it's me who's the weakling this time!). The youngest is Luis, only 6 weeks old. He was born very premature so he's still very fragile-looking. He's my only chance to have an obedient child (hahahaha!).

I usually get to play neopets and log in to TDN in the wee hours of the morning after he's fed and I'm too awake to go back to sleep. Its 4 am now and I have to start making breakfast in an hour. Just enough time to check mail and do my neo dailies. See ya!

My eldest son, Diego, is 7 and is in grade 2 but he thinks he's already an adult! :rolleyes_anim: He considers the smaller ones as "kids"! The second is my only daughter, Ella. She's really sweet but is very good at manipulating adults (especially her dad!). The third is 2-yr old Miguel, who everyone calls a male version of Ella. Looks and manipulates just like her (but it's me who's the weakling this time!). The youngest is Luis, only 6 weeks old. He was born very premature so he's still very fragile-looking. He's my only chance to have an obedient child (hahahaha!).

First born kids... ;-)

That's a riot that Ella and Miguel have their parents wrapped around their fingers. If they join forces, you guys are going to be in SUCH trouble... lol

Luis, obedient? Good luck. I haven't had any. :) As soon as he gets past the fragile stage, I am sure he will pick up trade secrets from his siblings. Isn't it fun? I LOVE having a big family!

When my oldest was in middle school, a kid in her class said "with so many siblings, your parents sure must like to have s*x a lot", so she looks at him and says "do you REALLY think your parents have only done it THREE times???" :*

First born kids... ;-)

That's a riot that Ella and Miguel have their parents wrapped around their fingers. If they join forces, you guys are going to be in SUCH trouble... lol

Luis, obedient? Good luck. I haven't had any. :) As soon as he gets past the fragile stage, I am sure he will pick up trade secrets from his siblings. Isn't it fun? I LOVE having a big family!

When my oldest was in middle school, a kid in her class said "with so many siblings, your parents sure must like to have s*x a lot", so she looks at him and says "do you REALLY think your parents have only done it THREE times???" :*

Hahaha! That's precious! :laughingsmiley:

I don't know what we're gonna do when they do join forces! We're already outnumbered!

One of the comedians (Bill Cosby?) said that your not really a child if you are an "only". You can't say "he did it" when Dad wants to know who finished his Pepsi. My husband says parenting challenge starts when you have more kids than you have hands. :-) My sister (who has 7) says once you have the third it starts to get hard (I skipped from 2 to 4...). Right now I say that as long as you love them, there is always room. ♥♥♥

I am totally outnumbered.... lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone...I am a young mom (in my book I am) I am 21. I have a 4 month old named Avery and he is my world. I love him more then anything in the world.

I myself was a foster child that stayed in the system to long and was adopted. My adoptive mom takes in foster child mostly teens and she has adopted other children since me. They are 19,15, 13,12,11 and a 10 year old foster girl.

Hi Miss Vena

Hi Nikki!

Yes, we are a busy few and don't post much, but there are.

Vena, your story is very warming. I hope your experiences there were good ones. My nice is here from very far away, I haven't seen her in over 20 years. Her mom (my sister) and dad did not have an easy life and at one point their kids were put in foster homes. I wish I could have taken them, but I was just a kid myself. I guess I am making up for it. My niece told me her foster family experience was not a good one. It breaks my heart.

Nikki, how old are your step kids? Definitely NOT the nuttiest. :-)

My niece (oldest sister's OTHER daughter) raised her sister-in-law's 3 children, now she is pregnant with her third. When my children were very small, I often wished older children from my husband's past would show up. If there were any, he never found out. More than likely there weren't, but I often had hoped. I often had people over that wandered into my life for a time. I guess the universe felt my void and tried to fill it. :happystrange:

I had a very good foster home experience, my foster mom treated just like one of her own. I was with her till they found me an adoptive home.

I actually stay on neopets for hours at a time. I stay at home with Avery and he dose not crawl or walk yet so he is easy to keep an eye on. He enjoys his swing or bouncy seat.

He is a picture of him.

post-10192-1231796499_thumb.jpg