Any Moms Here?

judykm

Does it count if I'm a mum to my cat?

o_O

Unfortunately I don't ever see myself having a kid of my own (my own choice..) although I've thought about renting my womb out in order to know what it's like.

I just don't want the after product...

10 kids? wow. Just wow. Well done you!

Wellll, I am a mother of a sort.

I had something bad happen in my past, and had gotten pregnant. But I am a LOVER of children, yet was 16 and not able to carry him on my own shoulders. I made sure to find a family to give him to, a WONDERFUL family in Texas, and I know he is safe. (That was an amazing experience to go through!!)

This is him, his name is Brandon :)

For ME, I would love to be able to help other couples that can't have kids, but that is a situation i would like to get into without having to go through what I went through when I was 16.

But as you said, you want to 'rent out your womb', lol, I see what you mean and I agree that I would do it too.

I think every woman who wants a child should be able to have the chance.

I am 18, i've had a child, and given him a home. And in a way, I am a mother, and hope to have a large family as I grow old and grey.

I don't know if this counts me into the forum, but I stopped by to say "LOVE YOU MOM".

I do not live with my mother, but I love mothers. Wanted to spread the love : )

The world would be lost with out mothers.

(Ack! I can't wait to have another child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Vena, Avery is ADORABLE! Enjoy it while he is still small. when he starts getting around... Whew! I ran all day. lol.

Liz, I couldn't see his picture, it was blocked for me, but I am sure he is a sweet little boy and you did a very brave thing. At 18, you've got a whole future for your large family, and as I myself age and grey, I LOVE having my family and can't imagine choosing differently. I went to dinner last night with a friend i haven't seen since my wedding 24 years ago, and she has no kids and I feel for her, even if it was her choice. It's not an easy dicesion to make, having or NOT having kids.

You are welcome to chat here, it hasn't been a very busy board though.

Thanks for the LOVE YOU. I came a quarter around the world to visit my daughter, who is working in the USA to make college money, and then return to Israel where we live. I missed her too much. She has winter break starting tomorrow, so I am at her school playing on the computer waiting for her day to end. :- )

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you :)

I couldn't handle living so far away from my family really. I think you do well taking that into your system... living all the way across the world like that. Lol

I love to travel, mind, so it may be hard. I love my family but don't like being around them 24/7. But, I will say the younger members of my family I love to baby and love on and be around. :)

I just got back from visiting my oldest daughter, who is in New Jersey (USA) for a year. It was super cold and great and I want to go back! Spent SO much money, which is so easy to do when you are on vacation, especially when the currency is different.

My second oldest daughter is pregnant and due in 2 months, I wish I could have taken her to see her sister! Not that she would have gone, but it was a fun idea.

Glad to be back, I missed my computer and family (hahaha. NOT in that order!)

Hi everyone, Its lovely to hear all the mums talking in the forums. Im mum to a beautiful 10 month old girl that keeps me pretty busy. I cant wait to have a big family but im enjoying every day and not really in a rush. Judykm, it must be hard live so far away from your daughter, even if its only for a year.

it must be hard live so far away from your daughter, even if its only for a year.

Yes, that must be really tough. When I gave birth to my eldest son, Diego, I was still in the middle of my specialty training, which required me to be in the hospital for almost 36 hours at a time, with only 12 hours off. It was a crazy time, with me and my hubby both in the same program. We decided to let our son live with my in-laws and we would continue staying in our apartment right beside the hospital. However, we ended up going home to the baby almost daily (he was about 2 hours commute away) that our apartment was rarely being used. We decided to give up the place (within 2 weeks) and live with the in-laws since we had nobody to watch the baby when we were both at work. It was sooo tiring but it was worth it. I can't imagine living away from my kids ever.

wow I'm not a mom but I have to give you all Kudos in birthing and raising especially multiple babies. To the first poster 10 kids? I almost had a heart attack ahaha. Are they all biologically yours?

I did have a mommy question though. How is it that you moms have that SENSOR? As soon as someone does something you KNOW about it... my mom FREAKS me out with all the things she's been telling me about my little sister.. it's down right creepy *shudders*

P.S. Would a natural birth really be that painful? Sorry I just felt I could finally get a few of my questions answered ^_^

Janal, thanks! I'm the one with 10. Only 8 are biologically related to me, and a pair of them are twins, so it's not THAT many pregnancies. Lol. DON'T have a heart attack!

Mommy sensor: it sort of grows as your love grows. You don't have to be biologically related to have it. :-)

I even had a friend who use to call whenever I was crying, so it's not just a mom thing.

Besides: you have to recall that your mom was yours and your sister's ages already, so she remembers what that was like! A lot of stuff kids think we "see" is just stuff we did ourselves! (or wanted to do). I was MUCH wilder than my kids, so they all chose to be cool and easy. A nice break for me!

Natural birth can be painful, but it's the best experience there is: the pain produces a baby!

You are welcome to PM if you have any other questions. ;-)

haha I see how it is... I still don't know how you managed 10 * shakes head* I know my grandma was the oldest of 8 and with every generation the population multiplies I've lost track of names, I just want to tattoo names on their forehead or put a name tag on everyone at family get togethers. I'm envious of your twins. I'd like twin boys and then a girl sometime in the future ^_^

While I have been learning in the classroom environment I've noticed I'll turn around and KNOW something's going on that sensor that something isn't right just shrieks sometimes.

See? You have sensor too! :-)

I love having twin boys. They are 18. We have a lot of twins in this generation of my family, all boys, and one of the oldest ones just had twin boy & girl. Broke the mold lol.

I totally agree with the name tags. I think everyone should walk around with one on lol.

Elaine,

I just saw your note now. I sent a reply, but the page never loaded. Grrrr. Hi anyway! Catch you in a PM.

Tam,

It's VERY hard for me, thanks for that heartfelt comment. Luckily, she will be visiting in 2 months. She totally missed her sister's pregnancy, but God Willing there will be more.

Did anyone see the news about the octuplets being born this week in the USA? WOW! Wow wow wow.

• 4 weeks later...

hi Lesia!

This isn't a very busy board... I've seen lots of moms at neopets, even belong to 2 adult guilds. There are some moms floating around tdn too, they just don't post HERE much :crying_blow: just kidding.

Nice to see you here!

I am not a Mum or anything but I was wondering about something...I have been going to weddings and since I am in Pakistan they are these colourful affairs :) so anyhow I talk my cousins who are married with kids and is it true that you lose weight after having children? I think that is such a sweet way to lose weight so a big *hug* going out to all the MUMS :)

I'm a mommy! :D I have a 5 year old boy with platinum blonde hair and ice blue eyes. His name is Mason. :D I had him when I was 17 and we went through a LOT together.

I wish I could say I LOST weight after I had kids, but I didn't. Maybe some moms lose weight running after the kids? lol

• 2 months later...

I'm a mom to be. Ember Jean Silver is due the end of July. And to be honest I cant wait to get the little [removed] out, shes vicious! If people get to close to me or touch my tummy (myself included) she trie to attack them! lol She especially hates the heart monitor at the midwifes! Plus because shes lying low Im having all sorts of wonderful back/hip/leg problems.

Other than that though Im just getting bored of being pregnant lol I dont understand these people who have loooads of kids, my partners mom has 8! I didnt even want 1!

EDIT: *Reads Judykm's signature* Lady you are nuts! Seriously I have a LOTTA respect for you, you must be some sort of super hero :O Your weekly shopping list must be gargantuan!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephanie~) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please avoid cursing.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephanie~) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not bump an inactive topic after 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Stephanie~ if you have any questions regarding this action.