Twilight Harry Potter or Both? AND why?

Queen Milli

??? what do you think AND why? I think Both because HP is good for the younger people and it is very well writen, but Twilight is good for the Teenagers and older people.

well I like both, but potter takes the cake. Twilight is a cute story, but if you start analyzing it a lot and you'll end up finding a some clichés, some stuff that make you go "ehh?" and I also think is very predictable. Yet I've read them all and edward is awesome.

But potter, c'mon, great story, very well funded in facts, some parts are super funny, some others are quite sad, I dunno, I just loved it, I loved the fact that I could never predict the endings, in twilight there's not much to think, you just read what happens next but it's not like you have theories for 6 years on how important and powerful must socks be so dumbledore wants them for christmas hahahaha and silly stuff like that.

In the end, twilight is a romantic story which involves vampires, as a love story I like it, as a vampire novel I'd rather read anne rice's. But harry is an epic story that's here to stay, it's a huge monster that drew kids and teens back to the books and away from the pcs, and if it wasn't for harry, i think twilight wouldn't have had so much success, because when the 7th came out, we were left wanting another story to read, and there came eragon, series of unfortunate events, and many others.

let's say Harry potter is the King of this kind of stories, and twilight is the queen ;)

I really can't read the Twilight series in my school without people questioning my orientation, since it's been officially labeled a chick flick, so I've never read them.

I really liked the Harry Potter series, but I absolutely hate the movies (well, at least the 5th one).

well I like both, but potter takes the cake. Twilight is a cute story, but if you start analyzing it a lot and you'll end up finding a some clichés, some stuff that make you go "ehh?" and I also think is very predictable. Yet I've read them all and edward is awesome...

...let's say Harry potter is the King of this kind of stories, and twilight is the queen ;)

That was perfectly stated, and I agree totally. I mean the end of both books are a little white picket fence for my taste, but at the end of they day I think we are all in full agreement that Harry Potter is the work of pure genius, and if Twilight had nothing else in it I would love them just because the author had the stroke of brilliance and the guts to put four heartbreaking pages of just month names...that is the first time a book has ever actually made me cry.

I've never read Twilight, but from what I've heard from my friends, it's a good plot, but not the best in quality. As for HP, good, not great, except maybe the 5th one. Very suspenseful on that one. I'm going to have to go with HP in this case.

I haven't read Twilight either, have been hearing a lot about it lately so I suppose I should read it. I love Harry Potter and am a big fan, so I guess I would have to vote for Harry Potter. Although that is kind of biased and unfair since I haven't read Twilight.

Can someone tell me if Twilight is a series and if so what order it goes in and who it is by?

Thanks Ashley! I have seen that book around and I think one of my friends has it somewhere, which is good since I just looked in up on the library's website and there is 40+ reserves on each copy of "Twilight" alone!!! I ain't waiting that long!

Can someone tell me if Twilight is a series and if so what order it goes in and who it is by?

Its a series - in order: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn. I think.

As for the debate, Harry Potter hands down. I enjoyed the Twilight series but it hasn't got the addictive pull for me that HP does ^_^ I love the HP story, and seeing how all the myths and legends have been woven into the plot.

I've been waiting for one of my friends to lend me twilight. I have to say every girl at my school are obsessed with it!

Except for the hp fans....

There has been a debate at school about this exact thing. The winners are Twilight so far. I guess vampires are in and harry potter is out.

Apparently Midnight Sun (the last book of the Twilight series I think) is still yet to be written but the book was delayed from release because someone illegally posted stephenie's drafts of it or something like that. I'm not so sure but there are a lot of Twilight obsessed fans out there as there are some hp fans hanging on to their favourite book!

Midnight Sun isn't the next book... its the first book from Edward's perspective (the books are generally from Bella's). Ashley told me that she isn't writing it anymore though because someone leaked part of it :( You can read what she had written on her website now.

I haven't heard of Twilight before this week... honestly. I rely on Anne Rice when it comes to Vampires, sorry. She just has the right conception for them.

I'm not interested to read that serie so far. Seems boring. So I'm yaying for HP. =p

Ashley

Thats is the same with me.

m3l3ana

When I reserved them from the libary I was 146th in line lol.

I'm going to have to say both series. I'm both an avid harry potter & twilight fan, but I guess right now, I'm more hyped up about the twilight series because of the movie coming out in cinemas soon. Though I wish Harry Potter 6 was on cinema screens this year.

I know!! I was so excited when there were only 100 days until it came out, and then the counter changed to almost 300 ¬___¬ I really loved the half blood prince. but yaaay! I´m watching twilight as soon as it comes out, mainly because of Robert pattinson

HP is good, i liked them, but Twilight is waaaaaaay better. :wub_anim: im very addicted and they are the best books in the WORLD!! definitely Twilight!!!! *screams I LOVE TWILIGHT in your ear* lots of other people love them too, it seems like everyones reading them, and we all love them. HP is not as....popular...as it used to be. and were also very excited about twilight because of the movie, i cant wait!! :whistle:

I love both of them for different reasons, so it's hard for me to pick a favorite, but if I had to it would probably be Harry Potter.

They both hooked me in, but looking back it's really cool to look back and see how JKR fit in little details that were very important in the end. I also enjoyed Twilight because it wasn't some typical "Vampires in high school" storyline. However, sometimes words Stephenie M. uses a lot seemed too repetitive at times, and I'm not much of a romance reader.

I think that both are really good. But the Twilight series is kinda predictable and somewhat boring to me, no offense to any Twilight fans. I like Harry Potter slightly better. And as I said, they're both really good.

And the Twilight series isn't a chick flick, I saw a guy at the bookstore reading Breaking Dawn when it came out. So there. :P

Midnight Sun isn't the next book... its the first book from Edward's perspective (the books are generally from Bella's). Ashley told me that she isn't writing it anymore though because someone leaked part of it :( You can read what she had written on her website now.

She's not writing it? She has to write it! Please someone confirm or deny this.

I need more Edward! She has to give us more Edward! Please tell me she is still writing it!

TEAM EDWARD!

Saddly, it is true :( *cry* BUT if you go to her website you can download what she has written (that is what I did). It is very good, and I am SOOOOO sad she isn't writing it any more. You can also go to her website for news about MS.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm 15, and I still am in love with Harry Potter. I like it, because I started reading HP when I was 10, so I could relate to the first book. Now, I can relate to the 5th book. I have re-read them 10 times at least and love them everytime. I don't think I have ever read another series of books as addicting and well written except for maybe Erin Hunter's Warriors series.