Kadoatery Feeding

Sugar Gar

Kadoatery feeding   

43 members have voted

1. 1. "Overfeeding": Right or Wrong?

• Right
    • Wrong

Sure, it may be nice, but if someone handed you everything on a silver platter, then it wouldn't be special anymore. It would be boring, and there would be no point in actually trying to acheive your goals.

Having goals is what makes life fun. Trying to acheive them and making progress is the fun part. Sure, there may be a couple of bumps in the road along the way, but just working towards them is what gives life its flavor. If all of your goals were suddenly completed in one day, what would you do with the rest of your life? Catch my point?

And I don't think the overfeeders don't think of it as "wasting their neopoints", otherwise, you could use that same logic with stamp collecting.

I can understand why people are Kad feeding (even past some rewards such as avatar/great trophy with a nice count under it)... A few months ago, I got pretty addicted to Illusen (and then Jhudora Quests). The thing is that you really feel a rush from doing these timed things! Plus, the Kadders are a kind of crew or chat group, and it must be fun to be part of it.

I haven't try to feed a Kad yet... but it's something I might try in the future.

I don't find overfeeding wrong, but I do often shake my fist when the same people gets the kads before me. It's a good natured fistshake, though, cause I do like the challenge of trying to get in there before the pros do.

If it's a question of giving more people a shot at it, I for one wouldn't mind if say you could only feed a kad every 6 hours (like buying a scratchcard).

whoa is it just me or did the poll votes for wrong drastically change? XD

-needs to be more observant-

• 2 weeks later...

This plays the game, because they like it. I never get to feed any kad, but I understand that peoples go there for the trill to feed the kads... I heard that users are restricted to feed one kad for each restockso its giving chances to others peoples...

But its already hard to find the overpriced items, overfeeder feed the kads before we can do the same...

I don't think it's unfair that overfeeders keep feed Kads. Yeah, they do make it harder for other users to get the avvie, but it makes the avvie rarer, and they give more value to the avvie. All they do is present a challenge, it's not like it's impossible for you to overcome them. They try hard, so you just have to try harder. They aren't doing anything that you can't do.

I finally feed one, now I really understand how it feels like to feed one out of so many people, I think even if there are no overfeeders there will still be a tight competition since there is actually not much Kadoaties in there...

• 4 weeks later...

Overfeeding is perfectly acceptible. Just beacuse you can't feed a kad isn't reason enough to blame others for "being too good at it" or something. Why should someone stop when they get the avatar just because someone wants them to? It's unfair.

------------------------

Like everyone's been saying - Click my vxOW.gifZAmi.gif or they'll die!

I think its wrong to feed them. Its okey that the competition spirit and thing like that u mentioned. I think its not fair aganist the others who harly get the item the the kad needs sometimes they spent all of theit money on it and then what they see is thata tha kad had been fed... In my oinion its not fair These items are really expensive... and hard to get. I will never get the avvie if everyone is overfeeding... Everyone have the right to feed but its not fair.

I think overfeeders are fine- it's all part of the game. The Kad avatar is hard to get, and that's why it's valuable. If it were easy to get what would people strive for? If you worked really hard to get the Kad avatar would you like everyone else after you to get it with little effort?

Besides, overfeeders aren't doing it to be mean, they're having fun. So I think people have a right to kad-feed as long as they want.

It doesn't bother me that people are overfeeding the kads, ONLY because I'm not trying to get the avatar.

I think it's entirely up to them if they want to keep going. I do think they should let others get the avatar, but really, you can't make anyone do anything.

I think I would have the avatar if I could be bothered lol. Maybe one day.. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I think different people enjoy different things on Neopets, and that they should be able to participate in the site however they want...

I mean if someone is really into feeding kads they might not even be aware of the fact that there is an avatar for it...not everyone is an avatar collector.

I personally (being an avatar collector) sure would enjoy it if kad feeding was easier, but I certainly wouldn't begrudge someone their share of Neopet fun.

• 2 months later...

I'll just say I've spent countless hours (and countless NP) awaiting refresh, and I've yet to feed one. I've tried a combination of buying multiple items and SW. It's pretty challenging, but I doubt if you were only allowed to feed 75 Kads it'd be any easier.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Crusher) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump old topics. Check out the rules for a full breakdown of this. :)

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Personally, I don't really mind that much. Whenever I look at the kadeotery (spelt wrong, I know) there's always about two left, asking for really expensive food that I could never afford. So I don't really use it.

Alright, since everyone else is going back and forth here's my 2 cents.

If the only point for feeding them is to get the avatar then I think it's unfair for those that have it to continue doing so.

However, NeoPets is an equal opportunity employer so there is no way to regulate who can do it without TNT stepping in.

So until then, GL to getting to them!

This topic is really old. The first bumper will be counted, but the rest of you guys are fine since it's really easy to bump a bumped topic by mistake. Topic closed! :P

=Cameron=

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Crusher).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Crusher if you have any questions regarding this action.