Official Puzzle Challenge Topic!

Superfly

I just want to say that i was certainly NOT trying to start anything. AT ALL. I feel like after tons and tons of gloating posts i was only trying to be honest and get him to tone it down because people were tired of it after the first dozen times.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, that discussion is over. If you have something to say to him, do it privately, but not here, please.

And Stephen, it's over. Move along.

Thank you for creating the Puzzle Challenge. It's been lots of fun. I really enjoyed having a different puzzle to work on every day, and I'm glad that it gave me an excuse to finally get a bit involved in the forums here. I've always enjoyed logic puzzles, and I found it interesting to explore how, for each different style of puzzle, I had to alter my perceptions. Some of the puzzles were pretty easy for me, but others, like #4, were really challenging and extremely time-consuming.

Thanks again, Izzy and the rest of the TDN team, for bringing this together. Good luck to everyone!

Thank you for creating the Puzzle Challenge. It's been lots of fun. I really enjoyed having a different puzzle to work on every day, and I'm glad that it gave me an excuse to finally get a bit involved in the forums here. I've always enjoyed logic puzzles, and I found it interesting to explore how, for each different style of puzzle, I had to alter my perceptions. Some of the puzzles were pretty easy for me, but others, like #4, were really challenging and extremely time-consuming.

Thanks again, Izzy and the rest of the TDN team, for bringing this together. Good luck to everyone!

I agree. It was so much fun, although I didn't get a lot of them (but that's why it's called a challenge, right?). I really hope you guys do this again next year. :) I can't even imagine making up those puzzles. :S Thanks TDN!

I think that Izzy and the entire TDN staff deserves a round of applauds. I have no clue how she comes up with the stuff for the puzzles but it works. :exclamation: I was extremely fun and very much challenging. :thumbsup: I really loved the hunt for puzzle 30 it was really en lighting to discover different parts of the site. I wait with antipation untill next years challenge. 0:) :whistle:

Just wondering, and I don't know if you can answer this- Are all the answers on the main part of TDN? Or could they be in the battlepedia, or neo avatars, or forums or something? On part six, I'm sure I have the right page, but there is no 'hidden' answer thing. There are two links that aren't working for me though... maybe one of those is the 'hidden' link. o_O

Bah! No one's helping. :'(

... I'm done. I'm actually done with all the puzzles in time... *is stunned* I'd like to thank my friend for his help on a couple of the puzzles (even though he won't see this message). ... What am I going to do now, you ask? Why, I believe I'll do my homework.

Ok, am I the only one having trouble with part six of puzzle 30? B/c I've looked all over the site, and I can't find anything. I have to go to bed now, so I'll just have to find out what all the answers were tomorrow. I was missing, like 12 of the puzzles anyway, just b/c I didn't have time to work on them. Oh well, it was fun!

EDIT: Yay, I'm up to Cool Person now! :D

I'm glad you enjoyed it ^_^ Its been fun watching which puzzles y'all had trouble with! I always knew #4 would be hard, but others really surprised me lol

I think that Izzy and the entire TDN staff deserves a round of applauds. I have no clue how she comes up with the stuff for the puzzles but it works. :exclamation: I was extremely fun and very much challenging. :thumbsup: I really loved the hunt for puzzle 30 it was really en lighting to discover different parts of the site. I wait with antipation untill next years challenge. 0:) :whistle:

Most of the puzzles were the product of a particularly boring lecture or tutorial :P I have pages and pages of scribbled puzzles and maps and solutions!

Just wondering, and I don't know if you can answer this- Are all the answers on the main part of TDN? Or could they be in the battlepedia, or neo avatars, or forums or something? On part six, I'm sure I have the right page, but there is no 'hidden' answer thing. There are two links that aren't working for me though... maybe one of those is the 'hidden' link. o_O

Bah! No one's helping. :'(

If its not there, then you don't have the right page ;)

They can be anywhere I could have edited - so the BP and NeoAvatars are fair game (since I have admin access to those) but not the forums... unless I was feeling particularly evil and edited one into an old post I suppose, though I will tell you that I didn't think of that until just now lol Maybe next year...

Yeah, i only have da 1stten. Mabey izzy just hasnt added the others yet or is in the process of doing so.

Ok thank you :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Princess Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please make sure all posts have at least seven words. Quotes and smilies don't count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Yeah, must say, I feel kinda bored now... For the past month, I looked forward to each new puzzles. I liked it coz unlike Neopets Daily Dare, I could just print the puzzles out and think about it when I'm at work. Anywayz, its been fun! Looking forward to next year's!

Yeah, i only have da 1stten. Mabey izzy just hasnt added the others yet or is in the process of doing so.

Yes, the others are coming... sorry about that! I ran out of time to code them all before lol *goes back to work*

Yeah, must say, I feel kinda bored now... For the past month, I looked forward to each new puzzles. I liked it coz unlike Neopets Daily Dare, I could just print the puzzles out and think about it when I'm at work. Anywayz, its been fun! Looking forward to next year's!

I have some of the "dud" puzzles if you want xD There were quite a few that didn't quite make it into the Challenge for a variety of reasons.

I feel the exact same way. I would stay up late just waiting 4 dese puzzles. Now wut do i do. Im gonna miss it sooo much.

I would like to add my thanks, it's been a lot of fun and I appreciate the hard work that went in. I can't see myself getting a prize as I still didn't manage to solve #4 despite all the hints (although I did manage to get #30 in the end, yay!) but the prize isn't the point, it's been great brain exercise :)

Thanks again Izzy!

THREE CHEERS FOR IZZY!

HIP!

HIP!

HIP...

I have some of the "dud" puzzles if you want xD There were quite a few that didn't quite make it into the Challenge for a variety of reasons.

Cool! That would be great! ^_^ Always good to give these little grey cells some exercise!!

BTW, can't help banging my head against the wall when I finally got #4. Before the extra clues came out, I did manage to think it has something to do with diseases and cures. Sigh, so close yet so far, I guess. I thought I was on the wrong track just because the question wasn't structured the way I thought it would be. Well, teaches me to trust my instincts, I guess :laughingsmiley:

Thanks guys :* I'm really glad you enjoyed the Challenge!

I've put up the solutions to #11-20 now too :)

Cool! That would be great! ^_^ Always good to give these little grey cells some exercise!!

BTW, can't help banging my head against the wall when I finally got #4. Before the extra clues came out, I did manage to think it has something to do with diseases and cures. Sigh, so close yet so far, I guess. I thought I was on the wrong track just because the question wasn't structured the way I thought it would be. Well, teaches me to trust my instincts, I guess :laughingsmiley:

Hehe, yeah always trust your instincts!

This one was replaced by the "Word on Items" one because we thought that it might be a bit too hard... you have to find the numbers which go in the greyed out line.

20-PatternNumbers.jpg

This was replaced by the "Temple of 1000 Tombs" one about three days before it was meant to go live - I decided it was too easy :P Plus, I really wanted to include the maze in there somewhere lol

28-Triangles.jpg

I have at least one more that got to the stage of being completely written, but I have to find the image for it - it was replaced about a month before the Challenge was released so I'm not entirely sure what I did with it xD It was replaced due to programming issues.