Official Puzzle Challenge Topic!

Superfly

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Number 29 was pretty good, and not too difficult. Still no hope for number 4. Well, I guess I still have one day left to try to solve it.

Hum, since there is less than 48 hours left now I'll give another hint for #4 - that seems to be the one you're all having the most trouble with ^_^

_ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ ?

That shows you the length of each of the words. Tomorrow night I will consider adding in where some of the letters go ;)

I was away all of yesterday on a rafting trip (I'm still completely sore), but 29 was pretty easy. And as much as I didn't want to map out 28, I did (because I remembered how useful it was in the Qasala plot), and got it. But 27? At the moment, I'm stumped. I can't seem to get 23 either. Maybe I'll try again later...

I was missing one of my letters for #4 all this time!!! :grrr:

I made a complete sentence, along the lines I was originally thinking, and I found the answer for it, but it came back as incorrect. I'm pretty sure I have the right answer, but I'm afraid to enter it again. :( Is there someone I can check my answer with?

i'm working on 16, and when i go over a place, it just says map of neopia at the bottom and the names of the worlds like it should. What's wrong.

Is something necessarily wrong?

Are there will be solutions when the challenge is over?

Yes, solutions will be published by the staff when the challenge is over.

Okay, so I finally mustered up the courage to try resubmitting my answer for #4, because I'm sure it's correct, and I get the following error:

An Error Was Encountered

Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings.

As far as I know, nothing has changed with my browser settings since I submitted my last response today. Help?

I was missing one of my letters for #4 all this time!!! :grrr:

I made a complete sentence, along the lines I was originally thinking, and I found the answer for it, but it came back as incorrect. I'm pretty sure I have the right answer, but I'm afraid to enter it again. :( Is there someone I can check my answer with?

If your question fits the lengths of words I posted last night, then its probably right - make sure you didn't typo the answer when you entered it before. If you still want to wait, I will be adding where some of the letters go in the question tonight so you can check against that.

Are there will be solutions when the challenge is over?

Yes ^_^ I am uploading them now in fact! (And no, the page will not be viewable to non-staffers until the Challenge is over.)

Ok I dont undersatand what to do with puzzle 23 the missing parts I have all the words and the missing letters what do u do with them cause it does not spell anywords????

If you really do have all the character's names, you will know what to do. Its fairly obvious once you have it lol

Okay, so I finally mustered up the courage to try resubmitting my answer for #4, because I'm sure it's correct, and I get the following error:

An Error Was Encountered

Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings.

As far as I know, nothing has changed with my browser settings since I submitted my last response today. Help?

Hum, sounds like a hiccup with the connection - just try again and if it still doesn't connect let me know. TDN was down for me for a bit today, so maybe you just caught our server at an off moment :P

If your question fits the lengths of words I posted last night, then its probably right - make sure you didn't typo the answer when you entered it before. If you still want to wait, I will be adding where some of the letters go in the question tonight so you can check against that.
I copied and pasted the answer from a relevant part of the TDN site so that I wouldn't have typos. Is the answer capitalisation-, spacing-, or punctuation-specific?

Hum, sounds like a hiccup with the connection - just try again and if it still doesn't connect let me know. TDN was down for me for a bit today, so maybe you just caught our server at an off moment :P
Not a problem. These things happen.

I copied and pasted the answer from a relevant part of the TDN site so that I wouldn't have typos. Is the answer capitalisation-, spacing-, or punctuation-specific?

Capitalisation, no. Spacing, yes - but the answer is one word so that shouldn't be a problem xD Punctuation, you should not need.

Capitalisation, no. Spacing, yes - but the answer is one word so that shouldn't be a problem xD Punctuation, you should not need.

Hmmm. Confused then. Though your answer supports my answer. Maybe I'll wait a bit longer before resubmitting my answer, just in case I was wrong. Now I wish I wouldn't have wasted one of my guesses on eliminating an idea early on.

Wait. I noticed a space inserted after the word when I entered it the first time. Would this affect it?

Hmmm. Confused then. Though your answer supports my answer. Maybe I'll wait a bit longer before resubmitting my answer, just in case I was wrong. Now I wish I wouldn't have wasted one of my guesses on eliminating an idea early on.

Wait. I noticed a space inserted after the word when I entered it the first time. Would this affect it?

It shouldn't - the program should "strip" the extra spaces off the end ;) However, Ian wrote that part of the program and I've not seen it all so he may have left that part out XD

PM me with what you think it is, I won't be able to tell you if its right or not but it'll help me to know if it really is an odd programming error lol

Izzy some clarifications please - So does the hint mean that we will be submitting 10 different answers and after each one submitted Gerald will reappear with another message. Are we looking on the TDN site or neopets site? Thanks

ooh yes this is what i was also wondering! i don't want to try anything incase something goes wrong with my tries :/

Wonderful way of ending the puzzle challenge! 8D Best of wishes to everyone~

And a big thanks to the staff. This has been quite entertaining!

-----

Mm, it's possible. :3 Just keep searching. I'm stuck with #5 at the moment.

Question: Will the answers be "hidden" in the same manner every time? Not sure if you can answer that, but thought I'd give it a go.

ooh okay! haha thanks so much (:

now off to figuring out what it all means :P

-edit-

oh no! i'm not getting any of it! haha. is it just me? i haven't even gotten past the first clue!

Dont feel bad I havent either. And I didnt do last years so I am really clueless LOL