Spinacles in the New Game Challenge!

Ali Cat

Spinacles is now released, playable in the New Game Challenge! Be sure to visit TDN's own coverage of this event to get all the details!

Frontpage Marquee

game_spinacles.jpg

Arcade Banner

ng_1134.gif

Game Buttons

ctp_1134.gificon_1134.giftm_1134.gif

Featured Game Image

fg_1134.gif

News Banner

newsmention_3.gif

Trophies

1134_1.gif1134_2.gif1134_3.gif

New Game Challenge Ticket

mall_ticket_gamechallenge_spin.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh! I like this game a lot. I think I have the potential to get pretty good at it. I've played twice, and both scores were around 2000 points. I'll be aiming to beat AAA later.

Yesss.jpg

Ohh, cool, you and another TDN trial staffer got into the Top 17! xD

I was looking forward to this game, but I haven't tried it yet, so...

Wow this one is gonna take some work. I will have to trying playing it later. Maybe TNT will lower the score by then, since they raised the score for the last game. I hope they keep releasing new games like this though, it will make getting Top Gamer a lot easier ;-)

I tried playing, but I couldn't get anywhere near AAA's score. Hopefully tomorrow it will be lower than 3500. If not, I'm never beating him at this game.

I just tried it and on my first go I got 2407. So AAA's isnt too far out of reach! :P I'll give it another go later, its just SUCH a long game! :P took forever before I died lol!

It's not that bad ^^ I suggest lasting as long as you can on lower levels by getting those extra bubbles. The later levels are too hard. When I beat AAA, the majority of my points came from levels 8, 9, and 10.

I tried playing, but I couldn't get anywhere near AAA's score. Hopefully tomorrow it will be lower than 3500. If not, I'm never beating him at this game.

AAA's score is only 2500, not 3500. :D So don't worry, it's definitely possible to beat his score. You'll just have to try a lot more than that easy as peas Pinball game :P

Lol. So good luck to the both of us!

First time got both Abigail and Lulu. But I guess that's pretty easy to do. I'll admit, getting AAA will be a lot harder, since I suck at Faerie Bubbles to begin with.

However, I shall persevere! I did get up to half of AAA's score last time. All I need to do then is double it. And how the hell did people get in the 9000's? Good on 'em I say, but still...

Unfortunately, in playing any game, my attention span is pretty short so...ooh! Butterfly!

I love this game. It is really easy once you get the hang of it.

Probably the easiest 1000 neopoints I have gotten since kass basher.

AAA's score is only 2500, not 3500. :D So don't worry, it's definitely possible to beat his score. You'll just have to try a lot more than that easy as peas Pinball game :P

Not, it's 3500 :P

I got tired of the game on my 4th try and started to shoot randomly to get bigger Spinacles to work with. Also, if you do chains, you get more points. By chains, I mean when you manage to explode some spheres, then the next turn you explode more and so on. If the sound is on, you hear a crescendo everytime you manage to add to your chain.

So basicly, you don't want to end levels quickly, as Alice was mentionning.

OH! A background! I'll break my mouse trying to get it lol

Anyone have any tips or tricks?

It took me ten levels to realize that you can bounce the spinacles off of the borders of the screen :guiltysmiley:

I'm sure we might be able provide some tips soon, but spinacles is a very complex game with lots of things to find out about it. It might take a while to figure out all of this.

A definite tip or trick is to not finish the levels as quickly as you can, as Ali & Xepha suggest. I got 1,000 points off of level 8, just because I took so long to do it.

Still couldn't achieve 3,500 though haha

I've noticed on the later levels that the ball that is going make you die flashes....and if you release a second ball quickly to make it spin away from you then you won't die. You die if it stays flashing to long on you though.

Are you kidding! its just my luck to be that close! :P lol ... I just beat it though, I got 3670 by level 7 and quit :) its really easy to do.. but it still took forever.. (i did that on my second try :P)

darn, i only need 200 points but i clicked in the wrong spot..:(

oh no you're kidding!! :( that stinks! ... i assumed it was 3500 for aaa, so I guess I got that by mistake! :) coolio!

Ah, okay. On my first try I got 2017 and the second try was about the same, but that was finishing the levels as fast as I could. I'll try building more in the ealrier levels. The bounce pattern is so strange though. It always bounces opposite of how I think it should, if that makes sense.

Finally did it.. I shrink levels 8, 9 and 10 but i don't finish them right away. i build it up again then shrink them again. When i got to level 11, i'm already above 3500 so i just quited.. :P

now it's time to hoard those shields.. :D