Rusty Pitchfork

Hanso Charisma Charm

Snowglobe Staff

Parasol of Unfortunate Demise

Downsize!

Ultranova

Greater Healing Scroll

Stone Muffin.

I'm strictly a one player Domer and my budget is currently around 3m. I've been thinking of buying a Rainbow Clockwork Grundo or saving up for something else.

Any advice is much appreciated both for what I should upgrade next and in the future.

Thoughts on replacing the Parasol and Stone Muffin with two 13 icon weapons? In 1p I'd surely destroy most things by using lens flare hitting them with 26 icons and then having the HCC and Pitchfork to mop them up without taking too much damage?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (vyvren) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

My main pet is a Kougra, his stats are:

Lvl : 62

Str : 121

Def : 123

Mov : 60

Hp : 117 / 117

Equipment is:

Rusty Pitchfork

Hanso Charisma Charm

Snowglobe Staff

Parasol of Unfortunate Demise

Downsize!

Ultranova

Greater Healing Scroll

Stone Muffin.

I'm strictly a one player Domer and my budget is currently around 3m. I've been thinking of buying a Rainbow Clockwork Grundo or saving up for something else.

Any advice is much appreciated both for what I should upgrade next and in the future.

Thoughts on replacing the Parasol and Stone Muffin with two 13 icon weapons? In 1p I'd surely destroy most things by using lens flare hitting them with 26 icons and then having the HCC and Pitchfork to mop them up without taking too much damage?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (vyvren) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'm not a big fan of HCC, I suggest buying a 13-iconer. Replace your Snowglobe staff with the RFFR. Parasol put into your SDB in case and buy Leaf Shield/Sophies Magic Hat/ Patched Magic Hat/ Wanderers Cloak (Only 2 to replace Ultranova and Parasol). If you want, you can upgrade to a HPot or you can save for GBomb.

Oh, and train your Str and Def to the 125 boost now.

Definitely train! If you can increase just 4 strength points, you'll be at a new strength boost. Your pet is trainable, so that increase should only cost you the 12 codestones for training, or about 84k. That increase alone will increase your damage. Right now, you have a strength boost of 2.5, so your maximum damage with Hanso Charisma Charm and Rusty Pitchfork muffins is 21 x 2.5 = 52.5 damage. If you get to 125, your boost will be 3, so your damage will increase to 21 x 3 = 63 damage. Plus, if you do upgrade your weapons, you'll get even more damage out of them. And then, keep training! Nothing is as cost-effective to increase your damage or blocking as training.

Similarly, increasing your defense to the 125 boost will help you block more and get more out of your defense from the dual duties.

You have pretty good defense on your pet, so I would invest in some shields that use it. Sophies Magic Hat is a good one until you can afford something in the full blocker class like Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield or Faerie Tabard. Your dual duties are nice, but with them, you can only defend against dark and physical. Some opponents deal in different types, so these weapons wouldn't be providing any protection from them.

Consider if you were fighting the Meerca Henchmen using your strategy outlined above, with your new strength and defense boosts. On your first turn, you use your new 13-icon weapons + Lens Flare with your new strength boost for a total damage of 26 x 3 = 78. Now their HP is only 97. However, on the next turn, you use HCC + RPF for 21 icons, which does max 63 damage. In the meantime, the Meerca Henchmen use their Meerca Brothers Water Pistol and Hefty Loot Bag. Since they have a strength boost about of 4.5, despite you blocking all of their dark attack, you still take 75 damage: (10 attack x 4.5 boost) - (5 defense x 3 boost) = 30 physical, plus 5 attack x 4.5 boost = 22.5 of each air and water. Plus, the Hefty Loot Bag has stopped your physical attack, so you only did a total of 48 damage. Now, they have 49 HP, and you have 42 HP. You can still win, but maybe not, especially since for the next turn you're probably frozen from their Water Pistol. A shield that helps protect against air or water or provides greater physical protection would have been helpful to you in this scenario.

(This might not be a great example since the Meerca Henchmen can be a tough challenger for most players. However, your pet greatly exceeds the recommended strength and defense boosts and almost meets the HP requirement, and yet this example shows that your strategy wouldn't take them out, and probably wouldn't take out any other 1-P challenger who has a greater difficulty.)

On another note, I'm not a huge fan of Rainbow Clockwork Grundo, personally. It's a lot of NP to pay for on-average only 1 icon more than a muffin. If you typically use muffins frequently, it might be worthwhile because you can still sell it when you upgrade, but if you're only going to use it for an occasional battle, then definitely stick with muffins. I wouldn't bother with a Honey Potion, since you can get a constant with the same or similar number of icons for about the same NP. In the long run, aim for Ghostkerbomb. It's pretty much the best bomb you can get.

For your constants, you already have two good dual duties. You don't have to upgrade, or you could just wait until you can afford a major upgrade to something like Skarls Hasty Mace, Kelpbeards Trident, or an anagram sword. If you do want to upgrade, I would recommend something in the 12-14 icon range like Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smiting, Ylanas Blaster, Altador Cup Throwing Star, or my personal favorite, Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy.

And yes, for a freezer, Randomly Firing Freeze Ray will be more beneficial than your Snowglobe Staff. You could also look into the very fragile Scroll of Freezing until you can afford a 100% nonbreakable freezer.