Holy Inflation Batman!

I hadn't done training in a week or so and since I was turning a tidy profit from Food Club, I decided to stop being lazy and start training my pet again. My training session that day was an Orn, Har, Lu, and Vo Codestone. Little did I know that the Lu and Vo Codestones both cost me 10K and 11K respectively!

Never in my Neopets life have I ever seen any kind of codestone (besides the red ones) go for 10K+, let alone 10K AND 11K. Did something happen to KeyQuest....?

I hadn't done training in a week or so and since I was turning a tidy profit from Food Club, I decided to stop being lazy and start training my pet again. My training session that day was an Orn, Har, Lu, and Vo Codestone. Little did I know that the Lu and Vo Codestones both cost me 10K and 11K respectively!

Never in my Neopets life have I ever seen any kind of codestone (besides the red ones) go for 10K+, let alone 10K AND 11K. Did something happen to KeyQuest....?

I noticed that too. I didn't ever think Vo's would pass 10k, Lu's they were around 9-10k. I depend on Key Quest (neggs and codestones), quests, gerapitiku, tombola, and the lab ray!

It seem a slight change in price Lu cost 9k Vo codestonne seems right i think there given out slight less now i heard sometimes you are able to find them at the igloo garage sales now for under 1k soo be sure to book mark they can aslo get codestones through radom events!

Perhaps, because the BD is soon to be updated there is higher anticipation of a BD plot so more people are training now; thus, codestone prices (vo/lu) are inflating.

This was my guess too. It's not much of an inflation because they were already going for around 9k or more. It's too bad. I was hoping to train some more too.

Perhaps, because the BD is soon to be updated there is higher anticipation of a BD plot so more people are training now; thus, codestone prices (vo/lu) are inflating.

i agree. i bet loads more people are gonna take this opportunity to train

I'm assuming part of it's because KQ is doing seasonal prizes, so less codestones are being awarded and less people are likely playing as a result. They've slowly been inflating for awhile.

Some staff were talking about how yesterday's BD announcement might affect prices. They're either going to skyrocket because people will be training up in anticipation of the new release, or drop because the people who come on soley to battle/train won't be around as much when the BD goes down.

I think it's more than likely a combination of the BD update and KQ. The announcement has probably gotten people interested in training their pets again, so they're buying up a ton of Codestones, and with seasonal prizes, KQ isn't giving out as many Codestones.

It'll probably get a little better in November, when the seasonal prizes are gone, but not much.

I'm assuming part of it's because KQ is doing seasonal prizes, so less codestones are being awarded and less people are likely playing as a result. They've slowly been inflating for awhile.

Some staff were talking about how yesterday's BD announcement might affect prices. They're either going to skyrocket because people will be training up in anticipation of the new release, or drop because the people who come on soley to battle/train won't be around as much when the BD goes down.

I feel like it's more likely that the BD announcement will cause it to skyrocket. Mainly because those who just casually train their pet will slow down/stop since it's getting to the point where they have to spend over 10K for 1 stat - just not worth it at that price. However, committed BDers realize the BD will return (whether they can't fight in the meantime) so they'll take the opportunity to train up now to take full advantage of it when is available again. Even if that means they'll only be on Neopets for a few minutes each day to complete a course and start a new one.

uggh, i had created a topic before finding this one. anyways, i hate how inflation works. i also feel like a bunch of people, anticipating the increased participation in training probably bought like a 100 or so and are either storing them in their sdb to sell later for a profit, or are selling them right now for a smaller profit. its just like, uggh, i feel like hoarding codestones is so lame. cant people make profits off of other things, like neggs or something?

uggh, i had created a topic before finding this one. anyways, i hate how inflation works. i also feel like a bunch of people, anticipating the increased participation in training probably bought like a 100 or so and are either storing them in their sdb to sell later for a profit, or are selling them right now for a smaller profit. its just like, uggh, i feel like hoarding codestones is so lame. cant people make profits off of other things, like neggs or something?

People also use neggs to train. :P I actually prefer neggs because at the higher levels, might wanna use some armoured neggs.

What would the difference be? Hoarding for profit is hoarding for profit. People have just been wise to identify that the market for codestones is shifting due to the BD announcement and are taking advantage of it. You can't knock them for understanding the principles of a free market .

Phew, thank goodness I stocked up on them.

What's so wrong with hoarding codestones? People often do it knowing the prices will inflate, giving them a better price when training their pets.

Plus, hoarding neggs won't be much different than codestones. People would feel the same as you if neggs were in this situation.

What would the difference be? Hoarding for profit is hoarding for profit. People have just been wise to identify that the market for codestones is shifting due to the BD announcement and are taking advantage of it. You can't knock them for understanding the principles of a free market .

i agree. whats the difference of selling codestones or anything else at a profit?

Phew, thank goodness I stocked up on them.

What's so wrong with hoarding codestones? People often do it knowing the prices will inflate, giving them a better price when training their pets.

Plus, hoarding neggs won't be much different than codestones. People would feel the same as you if neggs were in this situation.

i agree. whats the difference of selling codestones or anything else at a profit?

There is nothing wrong with it unless you tell people to do so which is why I agree with you. I rarely get codestones from key quest so I store them in my SDB and use when I have a whole bunch!

I'm pretty sure this is it. *sad sigh* I'm just gonna have to get my codestones elsewhere....or use the Academy. At least Dubloons are cheaper. Too bad my Aisha is so close to Level 40.

I'm pretty sure this is it. *sad sigh* I'm just gonna have to get my codestones elsewhere....or use the Academy. At least Dubloons are cheaper. Too bad my Aisha is so close to Level 40.

You have a few more levels to go. Why don't you go until level 39 and then reach the maximum for strength/defence/movement (what is it? twice as much as your level) at the academy. That way you're paying as low as possible for those stats, before you're forced to go to the training school.

ugh i hate seasonal prizes on kq. it deflates my motivation to play soooo much when i know im gna have to hoard the gold key if i win :(

the battledome updates cant have helped too.. there's an upsurge in ppl who remembered that training exists :P

ugh i hate seasonal prizes on kq. it deflates my motivation to play soooo much when i know im gna have to hoard the gold key if i win :(

the battledome updates cant have helped too.. there's an upsurge in ppl who remembered that training exists :P

Yea, for some reason I am playing Key Quest as much as I can for the codestones and neggs. I am going to be playing a lot for a while, and then training for a while.

Oh dear, this isn't good news D: I'm a casual trainer so I'm not *too* in a huff about this, and I wasn't planning on going mental training when the BD closes down.. I might start playing a lot more Key Quest though :3