Kelp avvie is so frustrating.

Nekodeamos

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have the Kelp Avatar?

I must've gone into the Kelp restaurant ten times today. I'm trying for a dual thing where I am trying to get the Aged Tchea Juice for my Gallery, and the avatar for my collection, and my pet was very bloated, but still nothing. I'll have to raise more funds, I guess.

Who else is trying for this grump-causing avvie?

I got it by going twice one day and three times the next ... so 5 times in all ... spent about 320k on it ...

I think I got leftovers (once?) but I didn't get the avatar.

really? that can't be ...

Got it about two weeks ago...took 500k out of my bank and just kept going till I got it lol xDDD :P

I blew 200k on it once and didn't get any left overs let alone the avatar Dx There are way too many avatars that are attacking my np at the moment so I won't be trying again for a really long time!

I tried to get this avatar by using my Chocolate Wocky for the first time but I failed.:(

I posted a topic on neoboard and some users said my Wocky is too heavy!(35lbs) They said the chances of getting the avatar is higher by using a pet which is less than 30lbs.

So, I borrowed my friend's lab rat- the invisible Quiggle which is only 16lbs(around that, I can't actually remember :P) and tried again and again today but still no luck.

I am really fed up as my 181,200nps(I tried 3 times) has gone like this.

One of the Kelp avatar guide stated that it is easier to get the avatar between 12.30-1.00pm NST but sadly I am not able to online at that time. (It is so unfair to different time zone people if this information is true!)

It seems that everyone has his/her on way on getting the avatar. There is one old topic on Kelp avatar in tdnforum and I saw one member said he/she got the avatar by ordering the same cocktail(not full meal) again and again. If this is true, I am willing to try as the cheapest cocktail costs 7k nps only. :)

it is easier to get the avatar between 12.30-1.00pm NST

I got mine at 2 pm NST

he/she got the avatar by ordering the same cocktail(not full meal) again and again

yes , it's possible .. but it'll almost cost you the same as a bunch of full meals eventually

and to the one who posted that they got leftovers twice with no avatar ... I have a question : is it also random ? :sad01_anim:

it is easier to get the avatar between 12.30-1.00pm NST

I got mine at 2 pm NST

he/she got the avatar by ordering the same cocktail(not full meal) again and again

yes , it's possible .. but it'll almost cost you the same as a bunch of full meals eventually

and to the one who posted that they got leftovers twice with no avatar ... I have a question : is it also random ? :sad01_anim:

I'd say that it's random since I got leftovers twice with no avatar. :P And it also says in the avatar description on tdn that it's random when taking home leftovers. Which just makes the avatar that much more frustrating.

I used to try for this, but lately I've just been splurging NP on the Wheel of Extravagance. I think I got leftovers (once?) but I didn't get the avatar. :(

how has this worked out for you

worth it so far or no? win/loss

Just decided to try for it again. Used my "very bloated" Acara, bought the cheapest item from each section )for a total of 4). Got it on the third try and spent less than 200K

Just decided to try for it again. Used my "very bloated" Acara, bought the cheapest item from each section )for a total of 4). Got it on the third try and spent less than 200K

Congratz! That was really lucky!

Maybe I'll try for it again once I managed to save up enough np again >.<

I have been trying for awhile to no avail. I've never even gotten leftovers from Kelp. It is so frustrating! I've decided to save my NP for the Wheel of Extravagance, but I might go back to Kelp one day...

Yeah the Kelp avatar is incredibly frustrating... And the new Wheel of Extravagance... And that Lever of Doom... Yet spending NPs on avatars is a lot easier than trying to play these flash games on my laptop without a real mouse! =/

• 1 year later...

Me too! I splurged a couple K on it and still nothing.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not bump topics that are no longer relevant.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact hrtbrk if you have any questions regarding this action.