Altador Cup??

m3l3ana

Alright! Can someone please explain to me in "lamens" terms what the Altador Cup actually is? I have tried to search TDN for a guide or something but all I can find are the prizes? I wasn't around for the last Altador Cup, so I have no idea what it actually is?

Actually, we will be providing that information on the site very soon.

The Altador Cup is an organised sporting tournament that happens every summer since 2006. 16 teams are facing each other at Yooyuball (a soccer or basket ball like game). You control 5 players and you have to score goals against the other team that is played by the computer. You have to pick up which team you want to support and then you play and do your best.

Last year, they introduced 2 mini game that you could play that would still earn points to your team.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask. :)

So you can participate and/or support a team? Because I thought it was each of the lands that played? I am royaly confused!!

Yes, each land has a team. You are backing up the team of your choice. Each of the game that you play, you play them in the name of your team. It is not that much confusing once the sign up opens.

Ok, so let me get this straight. Each land has a team? You support that team by making a team and playing games against another team? Have I got it?

No, each land has a team. You join them. You don't have to create your own team.

It's like if you rent a sport console game and play with a team that is already registered into the game. That's the very same thing, except that the game is called Yooyuball and has Neopets playing it. :P

Ok I think I finally understand, land has team, join team, play games!?! Right. I got it. So who is good to support etc?

Ok I think I finally understand, land has team, join team, play games!?! Right. I got it. So who is good to support etc?

Mystery Island ^_^

(Seriously though just pick a team you like - MI has been my team since the first one but I know others that change each year!)

hi all,

i'm new in this forum...

I'm just curious when does this events start exactly ?

Because i'm searching on the site (neopets.com) and didn't found it...

Welcome to the forum :) In the past two years it has started on June 1st but it might be early this year we don't know... don't worry we will keep you all updated when it does go live!

Guest Sloth Von Karma

Well, yeah, if you ask veteran players they'll tell you to join their team. In my case, I'd tell you to join Maraqua or Krawk Island, but it's really your choice once the sign-ups open, which might be today.

To be honest, Sign up will start June 1st. Last 2 years it has started then (or the weekend, but released on the start as the weekend news)

Its like any other sport, Everytime the start date and finish date are reasonable the same (maybe adjusted 1 or 2 days)

so the AC follows that.

Uhm, how long does it go on? I have a few exams in June and - hopefully - a week-long trip to London too.

Last year AC was very long, because each team played 2 times against each other before the finals. :P

Dang.. That sucks. I leave for Prague on the 10th on July. I sure hope the computer in the apartment we're staying in is good enough to play.

Darigan won last year. The year before, it was Haunted Woods (I played for them when Maraqua was eliminated... I meant to join another team and joined HW by mistake and stayed with them.)

i'm glad this was posted as it's cleared up some confusion i had about it too! i didn't realise how long it went on for, i'm away for a week in june too... :guiltysmiley:

how does the team eventually win? do you just keep playing that same game over & over again? will tnt post rules/explanation about all of this?

Don't worry, TNT will post a whole page to explain the rules when AC will begin. ;)

Last years, after neopians joined a team, they can play yooyuball and other games as long as they will. The scores are balanced by TNT according to the number of supporters for each team.

Essentially, you play Yooyuball like any other Neopets flash game, except that when you send in your scores you actually contribute to your team's overall standing instead of getting NP. :yes:

I'm one of the mercenaries who changes every year. :P

So you can play the games whenever you want just like the normal games? Is there a limit or anything?

You can play it as many times as you want!

I recommand you to play as much as you can, because the prizes are awesome when the event ends! :)

Cool, thanks Xepha, you have been a real help!!! Right so I guess I just have to wait until it opens :D

Huh, and I wonder if this year will have the same games, or similar ones. >_>;; The concessions one was lame. But, Darigan this year. XD