What happens when it's your birthday?

MariaWB

It's my birthday today, and Neopets have celebtrated this by changing my sidebar to a lovely birthday theme.

Does anything else happen that I can take advantage of? Do I get something, items, neopoints???

When it is your birthday, you get more random event. (If you are on Neopets, instead of having fun with your family and friends... of course!)

And don't forget that really warm and fuzzy feeling!

But yes, like Xepha stated, you get plenty o' Random Events.

And.... I think that's all.I could've sworn there was something else...

But that's just Meeptroid for ya.

Ohh more random events... No fair.. I wish they gave you something cause I never online on my birthday, always off doing something :(

I think they should give people a present - it would be nice and add to the warm fuzzy feeling.

Not that I have a warm fuzzy feeling on my birthday. It just depresses me year after year. If you ask why, I'll tell you, but it'll make you just as depressed, so it's at your own risk :P

And I wasn't with my family today. My birthday chose to land on the day of the week when my mom always works at night (from 2-10 PM), so I was going to order take-out and eat alone and have some chocolate for dessert. My mom did drop by at 1 PM on her way to work with some pastries and a strawberry-custard cake for me and three cards from her, my two younger siblings and grandparents on my mothers side. And I got a card from my grandmother on my fathers side in the mail, and she and my aunt both called me.

When I went shopping for chocolate and Coca Cola Zero for dinner - usually only get this for weekends ;) - I ran into my sister, and she ended up eating dinner with me. We live less than a mile apart, me and my mom and younger siblings, so we ordered pizza and chicken and watched Ratatouille. That was nice, though =)

But I didn't share my chocolate or cake with her. I didn't eat those until after she left :P

Just be happy it's your birthday! It's a once-a-day-year occasion, you know! You couldn't go younger, either. However, you are right, neopets should give you something for your birthday, like a random book or something. Or maybe more lucky dailies.

Oups, I forgot to say in my post... HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ;p

Usually my birthdays are boring and nothing happens. We will see this summer.

Oups, I forgot to say in my post... HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ;p

Usually my birthdays are boring and nothing happens. We will see this summer.

Heh.. Thanks =)

Well, I think they should have a page you can go to on your birthday, like the monthly Freebies, and get some cash, maybe 5,000 NP, and some random usefull items like books, or maybe birthday cake. Or now that we have the mall, a small amount of NeoCash like 100 or 200 NC.

I forgot too *smacks self on head* HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIA :wub_anim:

Anyway.. I used to love my birthday and I still do. I like to get the presents :P (don't we all) not too keen on the getting older part though *chuckles*

Psst... Maria, why don't you like your birthday??

There is probably a reason that neopets don't give you too much on your birthday, I would say that a lot of people fake their birthdays and also have more than one account *looks at the people around her* therefore they probably don't want to give people too much of an advantage. I suppose they could give un-tradable items, but that sort of seems kind of pointless. Then again if they gave away the same free items to people on their birthdays, those items would be come invaluable beacause there would be too many in circulation.

M3l3ana asked, so here's the reason - I'll try to keep it short ;) :P

I first stopped enjoying mu birthday, christmas, new years and the likes when I was around 14 yrs old and my problem with depression got worse. It was BAD for a few years, I have gaps of months on a row I can't remember :S all the joy is sucked out of, well, everything when you're depressed, and things that mark the passing of time if worst: you're reminded that another year has gone, and everything still sucks.

April 4th 2002 I was declared well again after 15 months in therapy. April 26th same year my father died in front of me of a heart attack after being ill for about a week. That was 10 days before my 17th birthday, and he was burried two days before my birthday.

So just when joy was returning, it was smashed again - and quite thoroughly, too.

So from around the beginning of december and until after my birthday, I am under constant stress. When december comes, all I can think is: 'Christmas is coming, then New Years.. Then we're on the other side of New Years, and april will be comming, and with it my birthday.'

It sucks. Hard.

Do you ever actually think what your father would say to you if he could see you going through this? Or what he would say if he could feel your pain?

I know what depression is like and I also know how hard it is to loose someone you truly love, but shouldn't we celebrate their lives aswell as our own?

Sorry slightly off topic!!

Happy Birthday Maria !!!

Like Xepha said, the birthday theme on neopets just give you more propability to receive random events. -_-

Well the question on this topic has pretty much been covered already, so: I hereby officially wish you a pleasant birthday! :D

For me, birthdays usually pass unmarked. Something like 'Oh, I'm another year older - oh well, back to work.'. :yes:

Do you ever actually think what your father would say to you if he could see you going through this? Or what he would say if he could feel your pain?

I know what depression is like and I also know how hard it is to loose someone you truly love, but shouldn't we celebrate their lives aswell as our own?

Sorry slightly off topic!!

Yeah I know that. But it's one part I haven't let go of yet.

I went into DEEP denial about my grief when my father died. 1½ after his death, I went to my doctor with my mom and told them out right that the only reason I hadn't killed myself was because I didn't want to cause more paint to my family. I've lived 5 months in a 24-hour home for young people with various problems (mental disease, drug addiction and such) and 13 months in a halfway house after that.

I didn't accept that my dad was dead until two years ago. So I'm still going through the grieving process - just very, very slowly.

And the last 6 months have been financially hard.. My mom and grandmother have had to buy me food because I've been broke for 4 months in a row =/ it's just so stressing!

I dunno.. So many things in my life never turn out like I'd like them to. It gets better, then it goes back to. Then it starts to get better again, and then goes back to again, and every time it's a little bit worse. I'm starting to doubt I'll ever become healthy enough to get an education and a somewhat normal job like I really want. So that, on top of everything else, is very confusing and distressing. So no matter what, it's hard to enjoy my birthday when I know I have to spend the money on food instead of CDs, DVDs and a trip to the movies - all things, I only ever get around christmas and my birthday.

Lols.. yeah I know how that feels too. I was lucky and came to grips with the death quite quickly and my greiving took around two years, until I was confortable to leave the house (before I always felt uneasy about it). Now I am on the right track, but still broke. I have come to terms with the cash problems (still gets me down sometimes) and now I just have to cope with it and struggle foreward (not easy, I know). I hate asking people for money, I love to be idependant and stand on my own two feet, but it just doesn't happen that way sometimes!

One step foreward, two steps back is what I always used to say (still do sometimes), but recently I have tried to be optomistic and look at it and think "could be worse, could be two steps back and none foreward!" I don't know I just guess everyone works it out in their own time, I am sure you will enjoy life again someday :)

Wow - just reading the posts on this topic is lowering my morale for today...

I guess there are some benefits to being emotionally cold. For some reason tragic occurrences and similar events don't affect me as much. I do feel the sadness and the pain, but somehow my mind just overrides the emotions and I'm able to continue on with barely any change from before. It helps a lot if I'm in the middle of a busy and/or stressful period - it also gets me labelled 'heartless' by most of the people I know.

Just a thought - isn't this topic more towards a 'Your Life' thread now?

Yeah, the topic has changed a bit now =)

m3l3ana: Yeah, people heal in their own time, and I do feel glad that things are not as bad as they could be. I have a place to live, and I'm not starving. So even though I'm not living life and just surviving through it right now, I just have to hold on to the little glimmer of hope that it'll get better with time.

Sky Shadow: People deal with all things in different ways, and some people are less emotional than others. In some areas, I'm very cold too - I have had no problem what so ever cutting people who I've known for over ten years out of my life like that *snaps* because I finally got fed up with their behaviour. And I tell people if I don't like them and why, if I feel the reason is legit. If other people dislike me or think that what I do is weird and not normal and that O just don't fit in with 99% of the world around me, I just shrug it off - and sometimes flip 'em the bird at the same time ;)

Just because you're not easily disturbed my emotional stuff, doesn't mean your a cold person.

A cold person doesn't care when other people hurt. And the fact that this talk is bumming you out a bit shows that you care =)

And now I have to go shopping.. It's SO HOT these days, which is SO not normal for Denmark in the last 10 years, so I've waited 'till 6 PM to do it. But it's still hot *grmpf*

Ohhh AA your not completely heartless, only 99.9% :P JK

Anyways.. I am a soppy git... I cry in almost every single movie I watch, I even cry during Extreme Makeover Home Edition. I cry all the time, but that is all good by me!

Ohhh AA your not completely heartless, only 99.9% :P JK

Anyways.. I am a soppy git... I cry in almost every single movie I watch, I even cry during Extreme Makeover Home Edition. I cry all the time, but that is all good by me!

Oh please, I ball like a whipped baby when the frog king dies in Shrek 3.. :* anything to do with losing family members and I'm out for the count ^_^

I am slightly confused as to why we are sending a complaint to TNT, shouldn't we be sending a suggestion to suggest that they give you a birthday present or something like that as it would add to the "warm fuzzy feeling"??

All right, guys, get back on topic please. TJ's having a moment beacuse of the off topicness.

And to be on topic- On my brithday I get a lot of stuffs.

What did you get one your birthday? I wasn't on so I didn't have a chance to get anything :(