Uploading an avatar

tempdisplay

It appears I can't seem to upload a picture for my avatar and personal pic on TDNF can someone tell me why this is happening because I want an avatar to be seen on the forums.

Thanks

---------------------------------------------

bluerang1-1.jpgBlueandPets.jpg

Well in order to diagnose your problem, we'd need to what error you got when you tried to upload an avatar. :yes:

This actually happened to me just the other day. What I did to solve the problem is upload the image to imageshack (no signup required) and then gave the forums the URL it gave me and everything seemed to work from there.

Well the only thing I can think of is that the server was having some trouble - it seems like Ian got it fixed though, 'cos it's working for me. :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, now I'm having the same problem. When I tried to change my personal pic by uploading something from my computer, all I got was, "The upload failed. Please contact a board administrator." And when I try to put in a url for my image, nothing happens. It's not like the picture is too big or anything, and now I have no personal pic. Solutions?

Poking Ian seems like the best thing to do - just not with a fork, we don't want him accidentally injured. :P

I can confirm the upload trouble as well by the way. :yes:

Meh, I've still got the same results. And everyone in the house uses IE. We don't have another browser. x_x

Yeah, I'm still getting the upload error here. I've tested it in a Firefox 3 nightly build, Firefox 2, and Opera, all with the same error, so it doesn't seem to be a browser problem.

ooh.jpg

That's what happens when I try to upload an image from my computer. When I put in a URL link, nothing happens, as in the page doesn't refresh or reload.

I don't think that system is actually built to take uploads from other URLs...

In any case, that's the exact same error as the one I encountered.

I don't know if this will help much... since we said it wasn't a browser issue, but my new avatar seemed to upload find. I'm using Firefox version 2.0.0.14.

Edit: Nevermind. It said it uploaded, but I don't see the picture next to my name. Maybe I did it wrong?

Re-Edit: Yup, I just did it wrong. I see it now. So...I guess it works for me? It might be fixed...?