Neo Avatars Applications Open and Other Updates

Ian

Hello everybody,

Forums move update... unfortunately we have continually kept receiving updates from users that they still cannot access our forums on the new server. Our advice is to WAIT IT OUT. It may take up to a week for your ISP to update it's cache of the Internet depending on where you live in the world. Additionally, while you're waiting, we're going to be checking our site's DNS configuration to make sure that everything is set up correctly. Thanks.

Neo Avatars applications OPEN... we have just opened up applications for Neo Avatars admins. Before applying, check out our Prerequisites of Applying and then check out the Neo Avatars Admin Application Form (it has all of the good stuff such as the application form and expectations of the job on there). ;)

Battlepedia layouts have returned... we switched a few things around when we launched the newest version of our site, Y3, earlier this month. Unfortunately we forgot to add the Update Your Layout Choice option on the Manage Account page. No worries... this has been re-added! There are a total of three themes... for those of you who don't remember, we have a secret theme on the Battlepedia that's FAERIE related... should be easy enough to find. ;)

Neo Avatars lag problem... we're storing data for over 190,000 checked avatars, so as you can imagine it's a data storage nightmare. The checklists are pretty much frozen only because it has so much data in it. We're working on a permanent solution to this problem as we speak so HANG TIGHT! b)

Just giving you the heads up!

Happy Neopetting :)

Ian

Yeah, I keep jumping back from the old and new servers, but like you said it takes time.

as for the neoAvatars, I would apply, but i have so much going on in my real life, I wouldn't be able to give as much time to the job (and sooner or later I would have been buried in emails, just like Ian is normally :P)

But Good Luck to whoever is applying.

So... does this mean that the results for the last content staff opening will be announced soon?

Odd... I only see 4 accepted applications on the content staff applications board (it was announced that a fifth would be hired right?). I probably just missed something then. :P

I haven't heard anything about a 5th content staffer being accepted :S Can anyone enlighten us?

I don't believe it was announced, but oowowaee (or Tally) was accepted as an editor to the site.

She does amazing editing jobs and helps us keep our content at a standardized level. She also helps with other little projects if someone is working on a page and needs some assistance. :) All pages basically go through her now, she keeps up with the new ones added and works on the old ones during other times.

She just rocks. But not as much as Xepha or that awesome news guy. ;)

Her name is even on the About Us Page. *gasp*

Ohh oks. Well congratulations Tally.. we might see you round. So does that mean that there are no more content applications and the other people who have applied are rejected? (by the way I hate that word)

Well that's excellent! :D TDN has an editor now. :yes:

On a side note, where did the individual staffer descriptions go?

Well you could just get everybody to re-write their own description. :P I found them pretty amusing actually.