Rate the Plot!

Superfly

Rate the Plot!  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Selecte a rating for the Return of Dr. Sloth plot on Neopets.

• 9-10
    • 7-8
    • 5-6
    • 3-4
    • 3.141592653589793238462643383279 (pi)
    • 1-2

I ranked it Pi. The reason for this is because the 3 modifiers were too hard, it was a really short and weak plot, and I did not like having to rely on 3 other players to get the token testing correct, especially if you cannot chat with the people in the room. *stepping down from my soapbox*

Oh yeah, my cute purple Acara lost her orange spots :( *grumbles and digs for a paintbrush*

On a good note, the comics were cool and I learned how to battle in the battledome, and TDN battlepedia was a great help!

I rate this plot a 7/10.

The plot steps were actually quite fun and original, to say the least.

The real reason for the low rating is because of the storyline. Everything was amazingly drawn out in the comics and whatnot, and just as they got to the showdown between Sloth... that's it? No intense fighting sequence? Just being sucked up into the Space Faerie Charm? That was WAY too anti-climatic.

I mean, why didn't they make Sloth the final boss to fight in the Battledome?

They could've just taken Sloth out of the storyline and there wouldn't be a difference. He didn't even have to lift his finger in this plot. (Besides pressing a button) In past plots, at least Sloth got off his lazy bum and did things himself.

This shouldn't even be an official Sloth plot. It is a sad disgrace that should have never happened.

The storyline was just plain dull. In fact, it's just a repeat of the original Sloth plot. Just with newer graphics.

Old Plot= Mutate Neopians

New Plot= Mutate Neopians

The steps may have been original, but the storyline sure wasn't.

I gave it a 5. It was a bad plot, but it left an opening for a war / sequel.

Perhaps TNT are waiting for April Fools to say "Not really the end, here's the real Chapter 14" though that is very slim.

Yeah and in the end Dr.Sloth has won and the Resistance is defeated. Dr.Sloth has taken over Neopia.. I *sadly* think this might really be the ending of RoS.. o_O

Cant agree with you more, but it feels like TNT's not planing any more chapters for this exact plot.

Of course it wouldn't be bad if they made a new chapter where Parlax found the token and released Sloth and became Sloths army Commander in the place of Garoo and Gormos. And we could hope then for a next plot by Sloth, but now all chances of Sloth returning seem gone.. But this story could be the intro to the next RoS ^_^

asdsdasdsdasdrp4.png

Lets hope so.. :)

I don't think all chances of another sloth plot are gone... At the bottom of the last page of the ch 14 comic it shows the space faerie token floating through space with sloth's red eyes glowing from it... besides how could a silly little thing like an exploding spaceship destroy something like the space faerie token ;)

I gave it the lowest rating. I have to admit I am mathematically challenged so was totally wiped out by the decoding step. I don't mind a challenge but didn't find it fun at all. Definitely not fun enough to put in the work needed to finish that part so that was the end for me and really no use to even finish reading the comics. Very disappointing after waiting and looking forward to the plot as always. I was so disappointed in fact that I seem to have lost interest in Neopets altogether and haven't spend but a fraction of the time there that I used to. :crying: I suppose that's really a good thing since I spent way too much time there anyway.

Ah well, I haven't given it up completely yet though so there's still a chance to find something interesting again! :wink:

I also rated it pi... It took me nearly a week to get past the 3-mods, then about 15 minutes to get past the guards, then I was bored for 3 weeks because it was only Battledome stuff and my pet isn't strong enough to take on most of the opponents and then when they finally released the last step, it was so difficult and so time-consuming that I never managed to get decently started on it and then it was over... So the plot was, while short, very long winding and either boring or frustrating...

For the last step, due to my limited daily internet-time during the week, I had to choose between TDD and the plot. They should have waited to start with TDD until the plot was over. Of course I choose for TDD because the last plot was also quite frustrating and because I couldn't find the time to be online long enough to get through all the steps...

Alright, enough whining from me ;)

The comic looked very good and some of the characters where great, so I'm also hoping the plot will be continued at some time, but of course we're also still waiting until the Island-plot is continued ;)

I rated it the lowest. I wasn't very impressed with this plot. There wasn't a lot to do really. I mean the 3 mods were difficult but the rest wasn't really. I actually found it a bit boring. Plus I am not very good at battledome stuff so I couldn't do a lot for that step. But this is just my opinion, I've had a lot more fun with other plots.

Aw no, it's over! After only losing and drawing with those rotten Strike Commanders, I had unfinished business! :/

It was a decent plot but it could've been a lot more exciting. Sloth wasn't what his build up made him out to be at all; the jokes and puns about card houses are nice and all but there wasn't enough balance between comedy and actually being threatening.

I can't comment much on the steps cause the decoding really was ridiculous... <_>

Also the pets losing their orange was a good touch but at the same time the purple paintbrush loses some appeal. I don't even get it, the orange bits weren't really given an explanation were they?

Ah well, plots are still a nice distraction, but better luck next time~

This was the first plot I've been involved in since the beginning. I'm gonna give it a rating of somewhere in the middle, simply because I enjoyed the thrill of finding out what was coming next, expect the unexpected! I agree with some of the comments above, especially about the under 13s not getting the decoding part, my mind was completely boggled so I have no idea how someone of that age would have completed the step, if not for the trial and error method which was WAY too time consuming.

The battledome events allowed me to gain a new love for the BD, I really wanna improve my Neopet's stats for future events like this. The last part was a bit of a let down for me, cos when I joined in, steps had been completed already, I was totally confused and like the next day... that part of the plot was over with compared to the other steps which seemed to last a lot longer.

For those of you who were let down by this plot, I hope the rest of the neopets website kept you going. I've been playing on and off for over 4 years and I'm still finding new stuff to do!

I vote Pi, because the story was not that exciting and i could not finished the last step. the time was too short

My favourite until now was Altador Plot, that was really good

What's with all the people chosing pi as their rating?? Are there really THAT many geeks inhere??? ^_^ :P :graduated:

I wet with 7-8. I had fun =) it was my first plot, even though I did the Altador plot too while this one was going on.

I will, though, forever hate step 2 with all that darn coding. But what's a game without challenges?

Bah! I never finished the stupid mods because they made my head explode. I really didn't expect it to end so soon. xP all that hard work for nothing..

What's with all the people chosing pi as their rating?? Are there really THAT many geeks inhere??? happy.gif tongue.gif graduated.gif

hahah go mathies! ^^

We can hope... and see if any more dots turn up to connect. :yes:

It would actually make a decent April Fools joke.