Rate the Plot!

Superfly

Rate the Plot!  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Selecte a rating for the Return of Dr. Sloth plot on Neopets.

• 9-10
    • 7-8
    • 5-6
    • 3-4
    • 3.141592653589793238462643383279 (pi)
    • 1-2

Xepha, my fellow staff member here at TDN, was MSNing me and asked me to rate the plot! We continued chatting and low and behold we decided to create a very cool topic, like such.

So, what did you think of the plot? Vote in the poll and feel free to post here with your comments. You don't have to share you vote, if you don't want to, and you also don't have to leave a comment, but both are cool. :D

I rate it Pi

Because it wasn't really a brilliant plot. I still think that Tale of the Woe was a lot better than this plot... and it's a shame that I missed Lost Desert and Maraqua plot.

Some of the comics were cool and I liked the characters too, so I can't rate it below...

3.141592653589793238462643383279.../10

I agree, I rated it 4/10 -- the older Neopets plots were WAYYYY better. I wasn't smart enough to get the Lost Desert or Maraquan Plot they seemed AMAZING! So, my top plot is definitely the Altador Plot!

I rated it 2. The decoding step is ridiculous. Do they really think most people under 13 would get it easily. or any one for that matter. I know plots are suppose to be challenging but the decoding is aboslutly ridculous.

I agree with Xepha. I didn't like this plot that much, because they had a chance to make something great but TNT really went with a sort of mini plot thing. It was short and barely contained any steps/things to do yet took a long time to release. That being said I still believe (more hope really) that it isn't over. I believe in you TNT!

I gave it Pi (for now)

I gave it a two. I totally agree on the whole mod 3 things. That took me a week of doing pretty much nothing but mod 3's to figure out. That was ridiculous. However it could of course come back to haunt us once again....

Hey! Thanks for the comment Nic, and welcome to TDN forums. ;)

I was very generous with my vote, I should've gone lower. :(

You may have been generous, but who gave it a 9-10?!?!? I know it's a matter of opinion, but whoever voted 9-10 should at least post here and say why. Don't worry, I won't judge you on it :P

You may have been generous, but who gave it a 9-10?!?!? I know it's a matter of opinion, but whoever voted 9-10 should at least post here and say why. Don't worry, I won't judge you on it :P

Haha, hopefully they aren't afraid of being mocked. :P But, that's their choice for their vote and not posting, so we'll respect it. :D

I gave it "pi" I also agree that it was too short, did not contain enough steps, and there was way too much time between steps, in fact I think there was an entire month of no action before the last step came out. The reason it got "pi" instead of a 3 or a 4 is because the 2nd step was ridiculously difficult for the 13yrs and younger age group that makes up a large portion of the neopets community... and as you generally don't see "pi" in math class until you're around 14+ years old... I think it's an appropriate rating :) Good looking out for making that an option!

... and as you generally don't see "pi" in math class until you're around 14+ years old... I think it's an appropriate rating :) Good looking out for making that an option!

Also, it's Pi day!

Seriously... the plot was fun at first... like the 3 first chapters. But then... something happened and it was a lot worse.

Comics were fun, but wanted more steps (and there was far too much time between steps).

Also, younger players were hosed by the decoding step. I finished the decoding after working on it for about a week and I know several others 18+ that never was able to finish this step...can't imagine that any of the younger set did. I appreciate that they wanted it to be challenging, but really couldn't that have been set up as a earn points for each one you successfully solve but not required to move on???

I gave it a 5 - 6. First plot I ever really participated in, other than Lost Isle. It was fun but it really was hard at some points, and the ending seemed a little rushed. I dunno. I'll be looking forward to other plots and I'm sure the more I participate in, the better I'll be able to grasp what rating they deserve, in the end =P

I gave it Pi. I actually liked the coding, but I'm a math geek. Then it was solid battledome, and I had only been in the BD once or twice to get the avatar for losing, so I really suck at it. I didn't have enough time to sit down and collaborate to get the testing done. Then it's over!! Bleh!

An absolutely shocker plot, I hope it never rears it's ugly head again. If there were a zero to click I would give it zero. I got past the mods after 3 days of frustration then had to be in the rooms with 4 people where no-one would stay. I never got past the heating phase in the last step.

comics were great. this was my first plot.. mod 3 took 2 weeks. only done battle dome a few times.. your battlepedia show what weapon they had but not what weapons would coneract.. I cant find any place that explains all the little icon pictures to fight back.. and my math is not up to PI.. couldnt do last step at all..hints use spreadsheet.. dont know how.. get three others together dont know 3 others doing plot. to far between steps.. but good time trying my first plot.. : :S :sad01_anim:

The storyline was good, and most of the steps weren't bad. :yes: A plot is a plot after all, so I wouldn't call this abysmal, but I really wish it was longer.

I gave it a two. I totally agree on the whole mod 3 things. That took me a week of doing pretty much nothing but mod 3's to figure out. That was ridiculous. However it could of course come back to haunt us once again....

I gave it 5-6. I think that there were way too few steps on this plot and way too bad opponents in the battledome. ;) It's nice still that there is battledome steps for those who like them. I havent fought earlier and that's why it was really hard for me.

BUT I liked that mod-step. :D It was really hard and frustrating, but still I liked it. (And got a bad head ache after two days of solving the step. But still I think it was pretty nice.) *masochist* ;) The comic was pretty neat. :)

Meri

Agreed - I'm in the small club of people who actually liked the decoding step. :yes:

I think the plot was not bad, even though some steps can be a little irritating like the decoding step, but there are also some steps that are fun like the testing of the token which you can get to test the token with other members of the neopets. Overall the storyline and the steps are great.