Board Preferences

pormadori

Whats happening? I got the Better Then You avatar today and I wanted to put it on. I go to board preferences selected it (it was there), but when I clicked submit it showed this error message.

Error: You haven't found this avatar on the site yet, so using it would be cheating. Go back and pick another one.

o_OO

My post setting have disapiered to. They are like the old one which I set. But in my userlookup it still shows:

Secret Avatars:

I am shocked. What to do? Whats happening? All my avatar are disapieried? And my avatar has been automaticly set to Altador Cup avatar.

It seems that everything got back in that day. :/ o_O :X

Even if I don't change the avatar just some setting it shows -

Error: You haven't found this avatar on the site yet, so using it would be cheating. Go back and pick another one.

Pluss - when changing avatar to the one which everybody has it don't changes and puts back to Altador Cup avatar.

---

Is this some black hour or smth?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Isabel) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post; use the edit button. Posts merged.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I have looked at your topic and i changed my avatar successfuly.

and still see my fonts.

You prolly have to wait until tomorrow to get the avvie mabey.

I dont know much about Better Then you

BE PAITENT!

Ok, what I do when there is a problem is check the Neoboards. I checked the Avatar section of the Neoboards and heaps of people are having this problem so don't worry. I only took a quick glance, but by the looks of it there are some glitches occurring. Check out the Avatar section of the Neoboards for more info.

There are many glitches occurring so don't worry. Just chill out and wait for TNT to fix it and trust me, with the number of boards people have made about the glitch they know its happening.

The font/avatar thing is a glitch at the moment - I lost my font and can't change my avatar either :( Hopefully TNT will fix it soon...

Congrats on the BTY avie though!

Thanks, I was trying hard to beat him.

Ok, what I do when there is a problem is check the Neoboards. I checked the Avatar section of the Neoboards and heaps of people are having this problem so don't worry. I only took a quick glance, but by the looks of it there are some glitches occurring. Check out the Avatar section of the Neoboards for more info.

Thanks again. Everything is okay now.

Well, it seems that it only affects your normal set, but if you used one of those pen things from cash mall, it didn't get changed. :yes: Mine was reset back to a previous version, as well, but at least it was a funny one that I liked. XD

Guest Sloth Von Karma

Some FAQs for those who haven't been on the boards:

When will it be fixed?

I DON'T KNOW. As it doesn't seem like something very seriously, I expect TNT to fix it today. Be patient, it's not the end of the world.

My font is gone! And it was so beautiful...

Sorry, you will not be getting it back. The glitch erased your preferences and your font has been restored to an earlier one. You should keep a document with all your fonts if it's that important.

Is everyone affected by this?

No, surprisingly not. Some people were unaffected and they are those who you can see with normal fonts and avvies.

To sum it up, chat as normal. It's just your avvie and font that's lost, not your freedom of speech. This is a glitch and I'm sure it'll be fixed soon. Meanwhile, just continue your Neopian life as normal. Thanks.

Oufffff (I don't know what's the english onomatopoeia of that: it's a "sigh of relief" (= Babelfish translation, sounds wrong anyway :laughingsmiley: )).

I checked my profile and see that my current avatar has changed. I was frightened that somebody breaked my password or whatever. But it's just a glitch ^_^

I'm one of those people lucky enough to be unaffected - not that I'd be really bothered if I was affected, but it's just nice to know. :yes:

I was affected, but I don't really mind. I don't use the Neoboards much, but when I am on them, I usually lurk looking for the answer to a question I have.

It was time for me to change my Signature thing anyway, it was kinda old and outdated. It is a pity to people who worked hard on their Signatures and lost them though.

I noticed this glitch yesterday. I rarely use the neoboards, occasionally browsing the Shop Ads board. Most people seemed to have their selected avators but I'd gone back to the default Neopets one.

So glad my "I <3 sloths" is back now, it's so much prettier. And also, my signature returned to it's usual "..::Eternal Newbie::.." without me having to do a thing. Hope everyone else's is sorted out now!